Is living off freerolls possible?

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! :wavey:
I think you can go up with freerolls.A good example is Mike Matusov, when he lost all his fortune, he was able to climb high roller games again.+ Chris Ferguson bet that he could raise money from scratch-he could score $ 120,000 in a marathon in a year.:thrasher:But for this you need to have either talent or work hard):fight:

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
If you live in a third-world country and have access to several poker sites, it is possible to earn maybe $100-$200 in a month, if you play night and day.

But you would take some of the money to play satellites and win more money and have access to bigger prize pools.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have the time, patience and financial support, you can try.
if not, it is a bit difficult

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Living off freerolls is probably a strange idea in itself. To build a bankroll is appropriate and practice your poker skills while there is still little experience.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I highly doubt it that you can live off playing freerolls exclusively since it is hard enough as it is to play poker for a living. At least for an American there are a limited amount of games and the prize pools are very small. You will end up spending multiple hours a day to win very little. To me if you want to make a living you have to be playing at least low to mid stakes and grind a lot. It takes away from the fun of the game and becomes very stressful.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so much because it takes a lot of luck to get into the money so that you could finance your living from it, I would see it more as a small extra income opportunity ... mainly it should be about fun at the game

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you reach some results you will climb by your results)

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you cannot make a living off of freerolls. But freerolls can certainly be used to earn yourself a small bit of "seed money"... and then you can then plant your tiny poker seed in the fertile poker soil, and if you play your cards right (see what I did there?), eventually you might just cultivate a gigantic beanstalk which reaches so far above the clouds you can't even see where it ends... I'm just curious tho... is your name Jack, by any chance? :D

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi! :wavey:
I think you can go up with freerolls.A good example is Mike Matusov, when he lost all his fortune, he was able to climb high roller games again.+ Chris Ferguson bet that he could raise money from scratch-he could score $ 120,000 in a marathon in a year.:thrasher:But for this you need to have either talent or work hard):fight:
A great example, I think not a bad incentive for beginner players.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls:

Positive
1. Practice without risk
Many beginners do not want to spend their money on playing poker. Freerolls allow them to get acquainted with poker online without risk. Sit at the table, press the buttons, feel the satisfaction of the first hands won. In addition, this is an opportunity to get your first experience of a poker tournament game.
2. The first money
Despite the huge number of participants, it is quite possible to earn some money in freerolls. The first winnings can be used in cash games and to participate in real tournaments. Thus, freerolls can be the beginning of a poker career for those who do not want to invest money in the game.

Minuses
1. Inadequate opponents
Like everything free of charge, poker freerolls attract a huge number of people who want to. These people are not familiar with the mechanics of the game, do not know about the strategy of poker, even they do not understand the rules well. It is not uncommon for several players to go all-in at the beginning of the game for no reason at all. Is it worth saying that a normal game with such opponents will not work?
2. Deterioration of skills
It is pointless to use tactical techniques in freerolls. This is the worst place to train your skills. Moreover, you can get used to playing too carefully or too aggressively, which is unacceptable in cash games.
3. Time
Freerolls last a very long time. When 5000-6000 people are fighting for a prize pool of$ 100, you need to spend more than one hour to win at least something. In addition, this is a completely useless time, most of which you fold your cards.

It's a shame to sit for half a day at freerolls and win a couple of dollars. It's even more insulting to spend half a day and not win anything. As a result, although freerolls help a beginner to get a taste of the real game and earn the first money, they can also take away a lot of free time and priceless nerve cells.

We draw conclusions, Gentlemen.

LMB

LMB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for some, many players; It is difficult for us to make real money deposits, therefore we only have to resort to the possibilities that they give us in the different tournaments or game rooms, to participate in freerolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I would say living off of free rolls is not possible. Though it is great experience for your game in general.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting question but I dont think its possible, or you have to play 24/7

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if ure living in a country with 300$ sallary , u can make this money but u have to be real good ! like winning for example daily CC 10 times out of 30 , or cc weekly ! u can do it but u need skill and patcience as this games opponents dont they really know what they are doing , and if u make it to the last 30 then the skills comes intoo play. So... u can , but u need luck and skill !

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to make a living then you are better off collecting bottles and cans and bringing them to depot for refund. You will make more money that way than trying to make money from freerolls. Freerolls are just for the fun of competing.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls do not pay enough to live off of, plus you have to be really lucky just to win one .

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can start your bankroll from freerolls but make living from them? Totally absolutely definately NO.

Freerolls are good to start building your bankroll, although most rooms wont even allow you to play without any deposit. But to win in freerolls constantly, lets say getting to top 20, you must be a really good player. And even though you wont be winning enough there, just no way.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say that if you have iron patience maybe you could survive in the beginning, then you would have to go in with freeroll money to cash.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're very lucky and win every freeroll, then it's easy. If you're a regular person, no.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would have to have a ton of patience and be willing to spend hours, I cant say its not possible but probably not for most.

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is possible.. But I thing freerolls are not a way of living. Probably you can caught a big price playing at freeroll but still its just a step through the real money.

B

BlademasterX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free roll palooza.

As with all things, if you’re good and have time, anything is possible.

Playing multiple tables is probably key. Which I can’t do. I barely play one table at a time well. Sometimes.

Freeroll Passwords