Is living off freerolls possible?

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't know if it's possible but I'm managing to put a large volume of games with only freerolls...

I have been playing several tournaments every day with zero investment and making the money.

List of houses I play:

pokerstars
party poker
natural8
Americas CardRoom
bodog
Betfair
888Poker

And the main advantage I see in playing freeroll is that there is no negative psychological effect of losing with tournament entries. And you'll be able to test plays that you wouldn't normally make in paid games.

In other words, playing freeroll is a great way to study and train, as well as being the most cost-effective for those just starting out.

:D :D :D

You are on the right track! I also started playing some freerolls and you are right motivation you no longer play on your own, and if you win, then you take the profit into your pocket. Besides, you can win tickets to expensive tournaments from freerolls and play expensive ones for free! :jd4::):jd4:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ask MTCashman... :wink: :laugh:

Serious answer is that it would depend on your skill level and the cost of living wherever you reside.

If your skill was high enough and cost of living low enough there's no reason why not, but if you were that good you wouldn't be solely playing freerolls. :wink:

Hope that helps!

Kind Regards,

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Free-rolls make playing more fun because they cost nothing, and there is nothing better than Free Money, making a living from them, depends on your personal cost of living, In some parts of the World it could be very little to keep a family, but here in the United Kingdom You would have to win every game, every day, just to make ends meet.
I have a small bankroll of over $500 all started by playing Free-rolls, for someone living in india this would be a small fortune, and life changing money. Here it is probably enough to feed my family for 2 weeks, then I would have to have more money for Gas, Electricity, Water, and all the other nasty bills that come through the door.
Free-rolls are certainly a good way to build your bankroll, and to play happily without it costing you a fortune to play, but making a living from Poker is for the professional players, not for me.
Keep playing for fun and remember----

When the fun Stops, STOP!

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't know if it's possible but I'm managing to put a large volume of games with only freerolls...

I have been playing several tournaments every day with zero investment and making the money.

List of houses I play:

pokerstars
party poker
natural8
Americas CardRoom
bodog
Betfair
888Poker

And the main advantage I see in playing freeroll is that there is no negative psychological effect of losing with tournament entries. And you'll be able to test plays that you wouldn't normally make in paid games.

In other words, playing freeroll is a great way to study and train, as well as being the most cost-effective for those just starting out.

Many professional players started out with freerolls :D:D:D
Good luck at the tables!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on where you live and how modestly you are willing to live. However with tournament variance I wouldn't recommend trying to do that. Have a steady income that you can depend on and boost it with freeroll winnings.

CardsChat offers a ton of opportunities for our members to win money for free. :)

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you making enough per hour playing freerolls to live on?

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so that it's possible living of freerolls but i think freerolls is the way to earn money for better payable tournaments.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can start off with freerolls but using the winnings you won you can reinvest that into other tournaments.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You could but you'll be living to play freerolls xD it would be very exhausting to play tons and tons of freerolls to make enough money for living

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest i was doing it for awhile and i was winning and playing big games with the money i winned in freerolls

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just playing freeroll I find it difficult! But starting to build a bankroll playing free and then moving to more profitable tables is the way forward!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if you reinvest the winnings into higher buy in tournaments. Even looking at the great CardsChat freerolls. Even if you won every tournament they have every week you’d only make a few hundred dollars a week. And they are the best most generous least volume of player freerolls. The $ rate / hour would be much worse than minimum wage, although I guess that depends on the country you live in. A few hundred $US a week maybe a lot in some countries.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible to live on the money from freerolls, but with the help of freerolls you can build up your bankroll and then everything depends on you.It seems to me it's not real, if someone tries to find out, he will die of hunger)))

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can probably win a certain amount of money, but making a living from freerolls I don't think is that easy. There is nothing impossible for those who do not stop trying

motonutz

motonutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you're a lucky man

List of houses I play:

pokerstars
party poker
natural8
Americas CardRoom
bodog
Betfair
888Poker

Winning a lot of free roles is very lucky especially on these websites. I find that I lose on the river I lose my entire game on the river 50% of the time which is nowhere near close to live games.

However I think the idea with free rules is to win some money on free rolls and then to parlay it into Cash games or tourneys and then you're playing the big money for free so parlaying your free roll wins into big money is the way to go I believe...

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No. Even CC free rolls have many players maxing out their clocks hand after hand because, uh well because of whatever, so you play for 4 hrs & cash $12. That's $3 an hour on a good run.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Definitely, freerolls are the best option for beginners. With the help of freerolls, I increase my bankroll every week, but in addition, I improve my skills and gain the necessary experience.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is possible yes but you have to play well but I see a lot of people entering freerolls and going all in the first hand but I think it is a great opportunity to develop your own game techniques.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably, if you can get an internet signal from your cardboard box home, next to the dumpster of your favorite restaurant. :)

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a difficult mission, it's better to use them for initial bankroll.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Definitely not in the US. Not enough games and not enough in the prize pools.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can just not make a deposit, but win the initial capital in freerolls. I made a deposit only 2 times in my life for $ 5. Today I took second place + $ 14 played nl2 and now I already have $ 18. As a springboard freerolls can and should be used.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Freerolls are a good school to improve your game. Sometimes there are freerolls with a large prize pool, so you can win some good money

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If by living off u mean building a bankroll, than most definetly yes. If you mean having that as your main income you'd probably be the first one to do that.

P

plusssev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it is possible if you check all promos and complete challneges in rooms to get ticket for nice freerools. if you play micro mtt it would be great addition for sure.

Freeroll Passwords