Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is living off freerolls possible?

I don't know if it's possible but I'm managing to put a large volume of games with only freerolls...

I have been playing several tournaments every day with zero investment and making the money.

List of houses I play:

pokerstars
party poker
natural8
Americas CardRoom
bodog
betfair
888Poker

And the main advantage I see in playing freeroll is that there is no negative psychological effect of losing with tournament entries. And you'll be able to test plays that you wouldn't normally make in paid games.

In other words, playing freeroll is a great way to study and train, as well as being the most cost-effective for those just starting out.

:D :D :D

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Living off of freerolls would be difficult. You may be able to use the income to boost your primary source of money, but the amount of time you would be putting into grinding away at freerolling will probably be your biggest cost.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont know it it would be possible anywhere but sure in most areas of the world you wont make enough just playing free rolls. What you can do it start up a bankroll that could someday be large enough to allow you to live off the winnings.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No matter how much you play the freeroll, this way of earning money is slow. But the fact that it does not require the cost of nerves and money, you are right.

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All of you who answered me are right... I have invested everything I earn from freerolls into satellites! Two weeks ago I even managed to play 888's BIG $109! This is really getting rid of a lot of negativity for not losing money I don't even have!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are the best part of playing poker, fun and exciting.

But after one wish to win some money, poker change to be part of frustration.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it isn't easy to live on freerolls, but it is a way to build a bankroll. Good luck!

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Strictly living off freeroll wins, no way unless you're a very good freeroll player who lives in a very low cost of living place. Parlaying your profits from freeroll wins to grow it to a much bigger amount, that's more possible if you go on an early roll to build your bankroll and give yourself a cushion to grow big quickly.

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can definitely build a bankroll and can be a fun way to make a little extra money, but the second you add something like the pressure of living off that money, you no longer are playing carefree and simply having a good time, because every time you lose that's time that you've not made any income and that can be stressful and ruin the fun.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Clearly anything is possible :)

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For most it would be making a few dollars and using to try and build bankroll through micro games. A lucky few can hit the bigger score in a freeroll (someone always is) and get going that way - but I don't believe you can win freerolls very frequently.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can if you build a bankroll from them

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Living off of them? Like financially supporting yourself from freerolls? No there's no way.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually living off of winnings from Freerolls would be very difficult to impossible. I would think that it could help boost or enhance your income. It would also depend on where you live and your expenses, maybe you could just barely survive. I would rather still have a main income and let the Freeroll cash help enhance life.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
impossible

It is not possible because the prizes are somewhat low, in addition, life cannot be left to chance and even more so if we have a family to support.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it's possible, considering Cardschat freerolls and events.

There's a lot of freerolls on a variety of platforms everyday. So if you have discipline, you can do it. (I don't have it, lol)

meagain00

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good to play without commitment.
It's good for earning small bucks.
It's good not to lose money you don't have.
It's practically impossible to live for free.
In most cases it's another game, a far cry from poker.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not

It is impossible to make a living from freerolls since they distribute very few and many people get involved and they are very long and the prizes are few:D

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are a lot of freerolls and you have a decent percentage of getting into ITM, then everything is possible, but you need to move forward, of course there will be a risk of losing a certain amount, but there is also a chance to earn much more. Good luck.:)

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad this question was asked!
BISUACES on ACR I've made over $4k on there *with nothing to show for it BUT that's not the point! This is from couple hundred deposits here & there & mostly parlaying small wins but NO BRM! :D
Take me for e.g GDP per capita in Ethiopia* here is around $800 very low! relatively speaking *The lowest Euro country, Kosovo, is $11k for comparison.. coming back to me, which would be $200/week. That means I'd need to win a freeroll a night & then some, Impossible BUT you can easily win 1 night & keep cashing/winning, if you've a strong patience then you can enter many micros with $20. My problem is going for gold every time but need to practice BRM when it's very low. Glad to have lots of micro options on ACR, so will need to do that moving forward. MTT grind can be very stressful but Yes, you can live off freerolls if you live rent-free like me & only need food & MUST REALLY LOVE POKER! because you need to put in volume! Could give more specific advice tailored to your situation but it is possible for me. The real question is could you live off Micros? Answer is HECK YES!

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's possible, we don't know, as a beginner it's good to play freerolls, to put theory into practice and build a bankroll, I particularly play tournaments worth low buy in, but I don't stop playing

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BISUACES on ACR I've made over $4k on there *with nothing to show for it BUT that's not the point! This is from couple hundred deposits here & there & mostly parlaying small wins but NO BRM! :D
Take me for e.g GDP per capita in Ethiopia* here is around $800 very low! relatively speaking *The lowest Euro country, Kosovo, is $11k for comparison.. coming back to me, which would be $200/week. That means I'd need to win a freeroll a night & then some, Impossible BUT you can easily win 1 night & keep cashing/winning, if you've a strong patience then you can enter many micros with $20. My problem is going for gold every time but need to practice BRM when it's very low. Glad to have lots of micro options on ACR, so will need to do that moving forward. MTT grind can be very stressful but Yes, you can live off freerolls if you live rent-free like me & only need food & MUST REALLY LOVE POKER! because you need to put in volume! Could give more specific advice tailored to your situation but it is possible for me. The real question is could you live off Micros? Answer is HECK YES!

Quick Google check brought me back here apparently GDP/capita is YEARLY! not Monthly lol so I can def. live off freerolls or Micros, 800/12 is $66/month Very doable! Spewing my fellow Ethiopians wages with horrible BRM, shame on me

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Living off of Poker is a matter of Money Management. I built a bankroll before(I have been out of poker for a while ) What I found is that you had to make a deposit to cash out. If you can win consistent with freerolls why not level up to MTT

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Man, your answer was brilliant and I'll spend a lot of time with those words in my head... Thank you so much for that! :)

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is impossible,u play Freerolls for fun and to become a better player

Freeroll Passwords