Late registration for the tournament

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how long is that late registration. But indeed you would start totally conditioned by the blinds and your opponents chip amount. I often enter tournaments a bit late and I'm not feeling uncomfortable, but thats just me. I think most of the people would prefer start the tournament on the very beginning.
If you are a good player and you play a good poker, the early registration should be better.

NickeLine22

NickeLine22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turbo and hyper-turbo MTT late registration does not make sense, because your ctack is very small.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play with 40bb That's when I like to enter

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
early, you can play a lot more hands with the small blinds

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
30 minutes just in time:deal::deal::deal:

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to catch the start of the tournaments, because I make some notes of some players that may serve me in the future and the possibility of making a chip is better !!

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registering for a tournament depends on a few factors

This is my opinion. There are a few factors when considering whether to register late for a tournament or not. One and I think is most important you're starting chip stack is a very big issue in that cuz if you get too late in there then starting stack is not going to mean anything. Number two is the blinds in relation to the starting stack that may be a more critical determinant where you register for the tournament if you can't get there on time or maybe you just miss a level that could be a huge factor in this also this is just my opinion in my opinion only.

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
registering very late can be an advantage sometime, you are fresh and is easier to double up if you start getting nice hands, but should be avoided anyway

P

Pokerbluffer123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beginning play is aggressive has chance to see lot of hands

Middle login is risky so has to sit right

Late login is all in every hand

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the late registrations, especially when you get involved all the time when they take your chips
having a lot of money in his bank, almost every hand will always go online

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i late register into all my mtts now. i prefer having at least 20 bbs to start with, but it doesn't really matter. i'm fine starting with 5 bbs as i am starting with 25 bbs.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is a correct answer to that question, I already had good rewards writing to me at the beginning of the tournament and also at the end of the late registration.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is better to start the game from the beginning of the tournament, in deep stacks You have the opportunity to maneuver and build profitable traps, and if you start with short stacks and wait for playing cards, then any bad beat can knock you out of the tournament.:)

B

bonart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been entering at the very last minute for a trial for a week in online tournaments.
Not much fun as having to play extremely tight and choosing the right hand to shove.
It is an adrenalin junky's hyped out affair.
Sometimes I don't even get to play a hand till I hit the big blind and it goes all in.

50% chance of going out.
50% chance of getting in the money. Mostly just a bit over the registration fees paid to get in.
A few times fourth or fifth pay level up and once 18th out of 4,000 plus.

Once in the money it is still a struggle against big stacks. Had to stay tight the whole time and consistently get bullied for blinds.

Don't really enjoy putting myself on the disadvantage and playing that way.

Won 2 tournaments playing from the early stage. Think I will stick with that.

It is your choice, so good luck at the tables.

Last edited:
Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer reg at the beginning

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me it depends on the blinds, if the tournament is turbo, I register from the beginning, I do not like to wait long because I feel more pressure when playing, but if the tournament has like 3 hours of registration I hope that half or a little more passes of the registry, I feel that I enter in good time and without much pressure. I know there are people who like to enter the last minute and play push-fold, but I guess it depends on the strategy of each player

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR BOTLADY Late reg WTF

So i late-registered on ACR to mtt called BOTLADY FREEBUY, and i had 1.6bb.
- Okay, i thought, thats enough to play like couple hands
And then i noticed there is still 7 freaking levels of late registration
What? R u serious? So on the last level you buy in for what? 0.1 bb? to put 1 ante and go broke?
:rofl::icon_thum:eek::D:(:confused:

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't matter to much to me. Sometimes late gets the all in players gone (not that i dont mind ) as I am game unless it is a serious game

G

gio1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
late registration is not bad at all, only that it tends to be the worst when it lasts for a long time or a long period for which I see more convenient that only the minutes of the first blinds should be taken into account

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On this issue, my opinion is unequivocal. You need to register and start participating in the tournament from the very beginning. Any late registration reduces your chance of staying in the game and not crashing in the next few minutes. Entering with late registration, you become like a hare among a pack of wolves. The players have already pumped up their stacks and roughly understand each other about the tactics used in the game.

Kinganders

Kinganders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And then let me add my own opinion on the matter:

I have confidence in my poker game, and so I ALWAYS want to be in my seat from the very first hand of the tournament.

The early stages of a tournament are all about accumulating chips. Yes, Kenny Hallaert's paper does show correct math for late reg, and yes, I understand and agree with him that very long late-registration can be taken advantage of by good players who understand how to play shorter-stacked poker... but for me, I would much rather accumulate chips slowly but surely over those five hours of late registration... and when those good players do jump into the tournament right at the end of late reg, well at least I've got a pretty large chip stack advantage over them by that point. To me, this MORE THAN evens out the equation, even if I fully admit that my poker skills might not be quite as good as those good players who are late reg'ing.

So I am always in my seat at the start time, or else, if I'm not, then quite often I won't even bother to register for the tourney at all, I'll just wait til tomorrow, or next week, when I can play it from the very start. It just depends if I'm bored or not, if I have nothing else to do that day, then I'll register late, its not like I'm afraid to late reg, I just don't see it as a huge advantage to wait (for me, personally). Hope that helps. Good luck at the tables! :)

I have leaned towards always register early aswell. First half usually is a good time to build a stack, the "loose" havent got busted yet then 😀 and I am mote often in the money this way. More littery if you register late in the long run

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, this is a risky strategy, but often effective because often the blinds are already high and there is a good chance of tripling your stack. I often guarantee that you will get paid seats in tournaments.
I rarely use late registration, but I was able to earn a lot of $ thanks to it several times.

AntA_KO_v

AntA_KO_v

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like the very early stage of tournaments, because in deep stacks, weak players try to create all sorts of nonsense and sometimes they succeed =) it makes me nervous and I become irritable, which has a very negative effect on the quality of the game. So I try to skip the first 30-40 minutes of the game

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Mostly I register at the beginning and try to build up a stack by playing tight, to have pressure against the stacks of the late regs. With late reg., depending on the blind speed, you need very fast a good hand.

Recently I went in a freeroll MTT right before end of reg., lots of players were already busted, I did nothing, folded every hand and reached ITM.

I

ihealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use late reg when start stack > 30bb