Ladbrokes / Coral - daily freeroll advice welcome?

R

rspshout

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

Does anyone else play the Ladbrokes or Coral daily poker freeroll?

I am looking for some advice on how to play this tournament, from anyone who plays it regularly.

Normal poker play doesn't seem to work as people are prepared to call no matter what, and with that, I am getting bad beats fairly often. I've had ridiculously bad beats against AA and AK quite often.

So my revised strategy recently has been to play super tight, which gets me into the money earning positions. But with this approach I'm not getting much further than the early rewards as my stack is generally pretty low.

Do I have to be a bit braver and bet harder to build a bigger stack early on? Being prepare to lose to bad beats is perhaps part of this game.

Best I've got is 12th out of a usual amount of 1500 players.

Any advice welcome for this game.

Thanks

Edit - should point out that I'm a pretty new and bad poker player...!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

Does anyone else play the Ladbrokes or Coral daily poker freeroll?

I am looking for some advice on how to play this tournament, from anyone who plays it regularly.

Normal poker play doesn't seem to work as people are prepared to call no matter what, and with that, I am getting bad beats fairly often. I've had ridiculously bad beats against AA and AK quite often.

So my revised strategy recently has been to play super tight, which gets me into the money earning positions. But with this approach I'm not getting much further than the early rewards as my stack is generally pretty low.

Do I have to be a bit braver and bet harder to build a bigger stack early on? Being prepare to lose to bad beats is perhaps part of this game.

Best I've got is 12th out of a usual amount of 1500 players.

Any advice welcome for this game.

Thanks

Edit - should point out that I'm a pretty new and bad poker player...!

Thank U 4 Posting

Have not played in this freeroll but these suggestions may help.

When you say tighten up do you mean only premium hands or only nut making hands?

A2s is a nut maker hand for instance- Kxs dominates all the weaker flush draws players chase with. The key is to not stack off with one pair post flop.

Working on your post flop skills is crucial as no one folds preflop.

We want to be skilled at board reading-pot control and player pool tendencies.

As we will go multiway past the flop very often we need to be holding the nuts or drawing to them. When there are multiple players in a pot minimum winning show down hands often move to 2 pair plus or better. Small connected cards drawing to straights are very good nut makers

Big bets with the nuts pot plus and getting stacks in with big draws is how we build final table stacks

Hope this helps
:):)

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Individual league on this forum like you described daily coral.

Coral Poker Ladbrokes Poker