Joining in a bounty too late.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course, playing from the very beginning of the tournament there is a chance to increase your stack, but on the other hand, which opponents will come across.there are also those who sit down at the table for entertainment.in general, both have their pros and cons, but you should always remember about the fold button.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys find bounty tournaments profitable? With my style of play I avoid a lot of all-in confrontations so cannot take full advantage of this kind of tourney.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When they are very long registration tournaments: I register when there is 1 hour of late registration, I don't know if in your case it will be very late, I think everything will depend on the strategy you use when you enter the tournament, there are those who enter late and play very aggressive, there are others who act as if they just started the tournament, but I think it will all depend on the strategy you are going to use

M

MistyBlueNL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's all about my mind frame when I start. If I am patient and lots of time I like to start from the begin and play a really tight game. If I am a little hyper I would rather wait and when about a hour left to register join then and play aggressive.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you good in the push/fold, it is more than enough for start, especially in bounties, if you are the short stack, usually someone will go after your bounty, so much easier to make 1-2 double ups

except the high stake buyins and the tourneys what for i won the entry from satties and cant unregister, I always make the reg between 1/3-2/3 of late reg period... okay for me, even in KOs

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
Late entry into the tournament means high blinds with few chips! The best thing is to start, but if you couldn't make it on time, okay! Only things get more difficult !!

S

SheldonMS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early is better

In a bounty tournament you have to start early, grow your stack and stay above average in chips. This way you will cover other players by getting an advantage to earn your bountyes.
Coming in late the other players will be covering you and the advantage will be theirs.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, it is not advisable to start a bounty tournament from the very beginning. It is better to start the tournament 30 minutes after its start. The stack is acceptable, the aggressive players are likely to have finished the tournament, there are a lot of short-stacked players, and getting a bounty for a knocked out player is already higher than at the beginning of the tournament.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know about the others, but personally I don’t think it’s profitable to jump into the tournament with less than 40BB because you yourself are reducing the options for playing hands. it's better to wait for another tournament or the next game day in order to optimally distribute your strength and capabilities
i actually saw this late. did it 3 times. wasnt able to grow my stack without being very aggresive

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For some tourbo bounty tournaments I actually prefer to join just 1-2 minutes after start. Half of ppl already lost 1 blind or some ante and I cover them with my fresh stack.

Even join a bit later is not a problem for me, there are usually many players just ready to be KO and you just need a bit of luck to get a hand at right time.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have the opportunity, I like to join at the beginning of the tournament, but if I choose to register late for some reason, I like to offer the best there and sometimes ITM still succeeds.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the later is the worse. It feels like in most cases your in a up hill battle with the others who have already built their stacks.

yep like i said before today. i experienced it first hand, tried a couple of times... tough tough to do since i had to risk much to climb up the stack!

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO, joining bounty tourney ate is a bad idea. Part of the prize pool has already been redistributed in form of bounties, and there is a greater chance of people calling your All-In and sucking out on you. But, that's just my opinion.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bounty Games are a different Poker format, in that your calling ranges widen, or should, when playing this type of Poker, and joining late will always have you at a disadvantage if you are playing less than an average chip stack.
Some players would not normally call an all-in from player's unless they are holding an Ace in their hand, but in Bounty games this goes by the board and many will call with far less holding's, because there is the added advantage of winning your head bounty, so when you are working the odds out, many times you are gaining more than 2 to 1 on a flip.
Bounty games are one of my favorite game formats, and I always try to get in early, because you can get some bounties early on, unfortunately your head bounty prize grows with every elimination and you make yourself a target.
But that is the fun part!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I think you must reg in the tourney maks till the 3 lvl of blinds!!

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think i joined the bounty yesterday too late. 28 mins before late reg ends, my starting stack was 5000 and Blinds started with 200/100 and some ante and it was turbo... What u guys think? whats your take on this? are you able to join so late and grow the stack anyway with ease?
I think I would come in late , you can increase your chips

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you need to start participating in the tournament from the very beginning. After all, for me personally, it is very difficult to start a tournament with a small stack.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel that in a bounty tournament you need to start playing from the beginning as it is difficult if you join in too late. The time to win is at the beginning and then you can win some in the end.

Beatlebug

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel that in a bounty tournament you need to start playing from the beginning as it is difficult if you join in too late. The time to win is at the beginning and then you can win some in the end.

Beatlebug
yep.
difficult building a stack against opponents with bigger pots.
difficult playing properly when blinds are high and you have a starting pot