thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Add Rebuys to the equation late registration

During late registration to a tournament how do you figure rebuys in your equations. I am comfortable when I can enter a tourney at or near the average stack. If reaching the rebuy and the overlay looks good I will consider it.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LATE

when you have very little blinds left

RParris

RParris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What’s the field like

Not saying that it would make or break my decision but how did the first bullet go? If the field was extremely tough then I’ll be less reluctant to buy back in late due to the inability to get loose callers on the extremely thin open betting range. Primarily I’m looking to double if I’m entering in late or firing a second bullet so I need a some players willing to call with draws, middle pairs and the like.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Jay wants to know

Same as well I find it easier to join later most of the time doesn't always pan out. I'll play lose trying to double up then tighten up

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like playing short stacked so much, I'll late reg if I can still start with close to 50 blinds, maybe less if it's a cheap entry fee.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have played both ways (from the start and 5 minute before end of reg) and gotten in the money both ways. These are completely different strategies. But, in my opinion, the later you join, the more of a gamble it is. I mean, for me going in late puts me in more difficult spots and I don't like the stress. It's all in or fold basically and whenever I got in the money I was lucky to get AA KK QQ AK AQ and double up before losing my stack. But where's the skill in never being able to see a flop with suited connectors, gappers or lower pairs. Never being able to bluff. Never having the chance to bet or raise. So, for poker, I would say going in from the start is the most enjoying experience and most complex way to actually play poker not slot machines. For gambling purposes, joining at the end of late reg can be a quick way to get in the money quickly without wasting time playing poker for hours. Obviously, there are certain situations where it could be a profitable decision to join late if there aren't many players until ITM to make a quick profit but it's not a regular occurance from my experience.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Between 15 to 20 BBs is still ok and not considering hyper...

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree around 20bb is good late reg in regular or turbo is there is good value in the MTT. Sometimes, based how session is going is it is best for only one entry

B

bsamra

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate hyper turbo or blinds up in 3 minutes. But I am playing in them to get better.

cardzilla1991

cardzilla1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curious what everybody's thoughts are on playing a tournament but starting 45 minutes after it started and 15 minutes remaining until registration ends. obviously you will be joining with a limited amount of chips compared to the size of the blinds when you start. obviously you wouldn't want to start a tournament so late that you have 10,000 chips starting and the blinds are 1,000-2,000.. but I'm curious if you are starting with 10,000 chips what's the latest you'll play? 200 - 400... 300 - 600... 500 - 1,000... what's everybody's thoughts? Also maybe if they have add on break if that affects your decision?
i would say that the main thing to consider is how big are the blinds in comparison to your stack size and the return on investment. Is the risk worth the possible reward? you dont wanna come in so late that you are super short in comparison to the other players.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not enter less than 40 blinds

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every missed hand is a missed opportunity. The early stages of a tournament, when the fish is still there and I have the opportunity to play speculative holdings, are a gold mine. My limit is 60-70 BB for standard speed.

M

mhodge07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Early

I definitely like to be in a tournament at the beginning. Build my stack feeding from fish and people afk

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends, on bounty for me every second is too late, and on normal ones even last second can be good...

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I really don't like registering late, the blind levels can be too big to get back into the game and it become's an All-in or Fold session right from the first hand you play, Personally I like to start from the registration time and take my chances early on, to build a chip stack.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I registered for the late registration of the i poker network, doubled my stack and ended up in the prize places. This way I was able to cash out a ticket with a good value. Good luck to you . Often this cannot be done, otherwise it is possible to receive a warning and a ban on shares.

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Lateness is indicated by the level of blinds you have left to play; for example if you enter a tournament with 5BB where there are already several people at the table with 200BB and additionally the level of the blind increases very quickly it is better not to enter.
The key is to see in the lobby:
1. The average stack of the remaining players
2. with how much BB are you going to enter
3. the time with which the level of the blinds increases
4. remaining players and the cut for the bubble
5. Positions to reach ITM, compare the latter with the average of the stack

M

Milan Godhania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to see four or more big blinds (including the ants) because in a game where re-buys exists all small stack players will be calling (big fish included) in the last two round to make the most of the situation.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I will check how many chips are averaged and then the chip leaders stack to determine if it’s worth buying in or not

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Recently I started playing at GG poker, and they offer DS tournaments with a nice structure. I only latereg in those, with 3 hour latereg I normally start playing 2 hour into it , that will give me around 35 BB to play with and 12 minute levels.

You have plenty of time to build your stack to above average, and from there you just need to run good.
They pay 15% so it's easy to cash if you have the normal skills.

But I never latereg if it's a bounty tournament, you need to be there early to knock them out.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is too late to enter a tournament when you are directly in the push-or-fold phase. This means that your stack has become so small in relation to the blinds that it is no longer worth min-raising. Because if you minraised with your small stack, you are pot-committed. You are pot committed whenever the pot odds are so favorable for you that you always have to call no matter what you hold. Usually this is the case when your stack falls below 8 big blinds. Since you are pot committed either way, you prefer to push directly because you are at least raising the fold equity to a maximum.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on your bankroll, if you have enough money to enter the ongoing tournament and then put in more chips, I think it's worth it.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on your style of play, if it is more comfortable for you to start playing with a large stack, then you need to register immediately, if you prefer to play with a short stack, then it is better to enter different stages of late registration