Jackpot SnG what y'all think of them?

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do y'all play them often? I rarely do but sometimes when I play I'm both good and bad. They're basically 3 the hard way heads up games. The good thing about this format is they give you a benefit of a doubt to where you don't have to bet a blind in a round and you have a chance of variance or another opponent to knock somebody out. But then this is where it sucks because of the fact you didn't build your bankroll into the tournament your heads up rival is now deep stacked over you to where you gotta catch up.

I do hate the teasing jackpot multiplier spinner thinking you're gonna get thousands of dollars but they are fun and a decent way to build a bankroll though. Maybe I should play them more often.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not a good idea, you are going to lose more often than win except when you hit 10,000x

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing jackpots every now and then. Some players actuallyspecialize in jackpots alone. However as with all types of games it requires time and study.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they look fun if you're good at 3 handed sngs and there is a lot of potential to score a big prize, but i don't play them because they're too pricey for my bankroll.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a big fan, mostly because they are a hyper turbo format, where you only start with 25BB. For me this does not leave enough time and room for play, and I think, that if I was to grind this format, it would be a tough task to beat the rake. You can play a lot of these games in a short amount of time, but this also mean, you end up paying a ton of rake. And since I dont even get rake-back due to local legislation, where I live, this is a huge problem.

In top of that you need to see the top multipliers as a sort of tax, because you will likely never hit them. So even if you manage to grind out a small ROI of 2-3% ignoring the multipliers, then after the multipliers you will probably only be break-even, because you failed to hit the jackpot.

So while there are a few people, who are grinding out a profit in these games, for me they should only be played recreationally. If you are short on time and just want to sit down and play a few hands of poker without expectations of showing a long term profit, then cool. Thats what they were created for, and thats how they are best used.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's rather difficult to beat this type of game, however you can get lucky and win a big surprise price, it's a bit like combining poker and lottery.

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play them because the cheapest one is 2 dollars and I have 50.82 trying to do bankroll management so that I do not go broke.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why expand variance. After all, you can play where there is less chance of losing. But if you really want to play this kind of game, you have to learn how to play with a short stack.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like this format because that game is mega gamble , small amount of chips, fast levels , and have never seen reward more then 3x . I haven't been playing online poker for long , so maybe thats the case , but I know for sure I won't play those in future . I'd rather play plain and simple heads up then Jackpot SnG , its more profitable for me on long run , but since I'm still grinding my bankroll , those are out of the question for me for now .

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is winner take all (except for large multiplier) short stack hyper. I would play once in while for fun and have over 250x the Buyin in my bankroll. As the previous post has stated is likely you will lose overall unless you get a number of 6x+ multipliers.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do y'all play them often? I rarely do but sometimes when I play I'm both good and bad. They're basically 3 the hard way heads up games. The good thing about this format is they give you a benefit of a doubt to where you don't have to bet a blind in a round and you have a chance of variance or another opponent to knock somebody out. But then this is where it sucks because of the fact you didn't build your bankroll into the tournament your heads up rival is now deep stacked over you to where you gotta catch up.

I do hate the teasing jackpot multiplier spinner thinking you're gonna get thousands of dollars but they are fun and a decent way to build a bankroll though. Maybe I should play them more often.
Strictly comply with bankroll management 200+ BI of the working limit, refusal to play the limits above, "to fight back", go down to the limits below to restore the bankroll.and Don't jump over limitsI really like the expression: “start slowly and work your way up”, which is used in almost all areas of human activity in the event that he wants to achieve success. This means that you need to start little by little, gradually moving higher.