IS it time to stop unlimited re-entry poker tournaments?

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, i don't like to play GG tournaments because almost everyone is unlimited rebuys.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree ! I avoid playing those kind of tournement as much as possible tbh .

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe unlimited Re-entry tournaments must end, it unbalances the game!

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reentry tournament is good for those who have money and like to spend a lot of games, but when I enter it is decided

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like those tourneys but if someone has money to burn, let them play.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont mind couple reentries which we dont have a choice anymore since the poker rooms want to cover the Guaranteed .There is hardly any freeze out tournaments anymore.But ACR is one of the worst 4 hours late registartion with multiple reentries, thats crazy

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree, i don't like to play GG tournaments because almost everyone is unlimited rebuys.

Re-entry tournaments appear to be slightly different from rebuys in that as I recall, you could rebuy if you were down to half your stack. I'm not opposed to re-entries in principle but I think 60 minutes is adequate. Overall I still prefer freezeouts, even if they allow late registration

Uzbek707

Uzbek707

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care, it is better to leave let everything take advantage of your second chance.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Re-entry tournaments appear to be slightly different from rebuys in that as I recall, you could rebuy if you were down to half your stack. I'm not opposed to re-entries in principle but I think 60 minutes is adequate. Overall I still prefer freezeouts, even if they allow late registration
O.k. it looks to me that the best way is if it is 2-3 re-entries allowed, if you had some bad beats you can still fight and have your venegance...

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont like it either . there should be a rule of 2-3 re entries tops IMO

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
O.k. it looks to me that the best way is if it is 2-3 re-entries allowed, if you had some bad beats you can still fight and have your venegance...

The PLO8 I'm playing at the moment allows up to 3 re-entries. I think that's fair. Especially as I've cashed yet again!

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yeeeessssss!!!!!
Totally, it becomes chaos and there are tournaments of up to 4 hours of re-entries
It is an absurdity

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why should any game be banned?
If you don't like it, find another game.
No other games on the site?
Find another site.

There is enough room for all games, formats, buy-ins, table-size, etc. What there isn't room for, is people always trying to restrict what others can play.

Every game has to be played differently. Each stake size attracts different kinds of fish, and sharks. Be the shark. Figure out how to beat the game. That's what being a good poker player is. Sitting all day just playing QQ or better with no real strategy won't even beat the bots, let alone decent players.

Sorry for not having any sympathy...(sorry/not sorry)...

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely agree with Daniel, unlimited Re-entry tournaments must end

Why should it? If you don't like them, don't play them. There are few specific unlimited rebuy tourneys what i really like, made with perfect structure to this type. I think, I see them differenty. Let's say, there is a 2$ buyin tourney with unlimited re-entry. I always count in that as 6 $, I plan it like that, and till 4 buyins i profitable in that. There are more options to built a comfortable stack till the rebuy ends, and the real tourney starts after that. If you make rebuys, the first target is not the ITM (you can have that pretty easily), but only FT, where you can win significant amounts. Just my opinion, but I see, I am not alone. Rarely see more players without rebuy on FT than with rebuys, it is just a specific type, not for everybody, especiallly if someone don't understand the point in it.... (it is very good, plenty players, whose don't get it, still play it...:))

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Unlimited disagree, limited agree.But to be honest, I prefer to play freezeouts instead,since it is fairer for everyone.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Its another form of game. And its like on the other possible games. You need a strategy a clear rule and bank management if you play these unlimited rebuy tourneys. I think you must calculated before the game started how many buyins you invest or better till which bb stake is sucessful to stay in the tourney with a good chance. For me unlimited rebuys are not my favourite but if you clear in mind it would be another possibility to win money.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The PLO8 I'm playing at the moment allows up to 3 re-entries. I think that's fair. Especially as I've cashed yet again!

I finished 8th tonight. I blundered last hand and was put out by garbage. I don't mind that so much as it took me over 5 hours to win around 11 dollars.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to have a limited amount of rebuy-ins at the beginning of a tournament instead of unlimited rebuys thru out to help those with small bankrolls to compete and to be fair.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we consider re-entry as a separate new tournament, then with each re-entry, the tournament will only become more profitable, because the prize pool increases with a decrease in the number of players, or, otherwise, do not play this tournament at all, if we do not beat it.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i dont like it either . there should be a rule of 2-3 re entries tops IMO

There appears to be an emerging concensus. I only play on pokerstars now so can't comment on other sites. Perhaps someone should raise it with the sites themselves?

P

pkr998

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

I never understood the point of unlimited reentry tournaments. Literally just catering to the luck box players with infinite money and little skill. Although it's good for the prize pool, it's not very good for the tournament experience as it drags the tournament on for longer and inflates the player field.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, who wants to play for 10 hours and win small prize?

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Should be. But it generates more money for the poker rooms so no chance to stop it.
(I avoid to choose these tournaments currently.)

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The option of both can done. Hopefully unlimited re-entry can phase itself out with less and less participation. I think the reason its still a discussion is that the big bucks are being made in these re-entry tournaments and it does not matter who complains. The money always have the final say.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always been a fan of freezeout tournaments, you have to play according or you're sent to the rail since you only have one life. The reentries are good for players with deep pockets or sites/cardsrooms who are looking to generate more rake or bigger prize pools. I like the bigger prize pool theory but dislike how the tournaments last forever, it's too much of a grind. Hopefully they revert back to freezeouts and you get more rewarded for quality play than firing 10 bullets and jamming every hand non stop until you run up a stack, that's just silly.

Last edited: