Is it really worth playing freerolls?

Barthjolomeu

Barthjolomeu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I hope this post generates hundreds of comments, think with great affection and if you can, leave your opinion here.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I'll give you a tip here: Look at the time I stayed in the tournament and the prize I won.
It Depends, if u have a bankroll and are a experience player: No, is not worth it.
If u are building a bankroll and/or still learning to play: Yes, it is a way to practice and build your bankroll.
Even if u have a bankroll, but have a lot to study yet, and stay confortable, i think it is worth it as a training.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are referring to me, please read the messages again more carefully and show me where I complained about something, anything.
I mean, you keep posting screenshots of freerolls where you played for hours and won a couple of dollars.

So the implication here is that you think you're entitled to a higher hourly rate like if playing a freeroll were a factory job.

Remember that you invested 0 dollars entering a freeroll. So everything you win is a bonus.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Complaining about the prize pool of a freeroll tournament. What situation are we in...

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Complaining about the prize pool of a freeroll tournament. What situation are we in...

Another one who doesn't read the messages carefully, read the messages correctly, I didn't complain about anything, NOTHING!

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I mean, you keep posting screenshots of freerolls where you played for hours and won a couple of dollars.

So the implication here is that you think you're entitled to a higher hourly rate like if playing a freeroll were a factory job.

Remember that you invested 0 dollars entering a freeroll. So everything you win is a bonus.

I don't think I'm entitled to anything, how could I? I didn't pay anything for the entrance, it wouldn't be consistent with some requirement. I just proposed a debate that I find very interesting. If you carefully read all my posts, you will see there are no complaints or demands in any of them, I just posted the photo and I am observing the opinions, many of them very interesting, including.

Unfortunately, there are one or two who didn't read carefully and keep accusing me of something, but that's okay, I'm happy with the post, I got a lot of positive ideas.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Now I'm skipping bronze level tournaments. I just don't have time to play them. And so it is also interesting - a tournament with a large number of players.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
As a starting player, completely recreational player, or just a player with a small bankroll its definitely worth it. The platinum level Cardschat freerolls are best there are. Your time investment/money reward ratio is on average better then playing micro MTTs.

If you have the bankroll and skill to play 5$ up to 8$/9$ buy in MTTs then at that point I would say CC platinum freerolls would not be better time sinks but at the same time not a waste either. While playing those, you could still keep open a table of a CC freeroll on your screen.

Only when we go to 10$ and upward buy in MTTs and players that can competently play them, then for those players CC freerolls (with the exception of the monthly 1K which is just good value however you cut it) would be a time waste. But then I refer to my first sentence, as those players do not have small bankrolls (well at least they shouldn't have).

Last edited:
Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, many will agree with you for so many hours tournaments run for 4 hours and you get little. As a result, it would be better to make tournaments in turbo speed or hyper turbo so it would be more interesting for all participants to play their favorite game and not sit for 4-6 hours while someone is sitting there and watching the movie and you are waiting for his move and the game lasts offered to make tournaments a little faster so that this does not happen, but I think this offer was rejected I hope in the future will make forum tournaments in turbo mode or in hyper turbo mode, players will play fast and continue to do their own always write posts with deeds what you think and do not go to look better in this regard, you did a great job expressing your truthful opinion

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls are very good to practice and increase your bankroll for free, of course, as every tournament is long and you have to adapt to it.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I love Freerolls...For ex. here on CC the 1k freeroll, there i cashed a few times and I even won for 1 Time...On PS there is a new Promo for German Players to qualify for the Sunday Million for just 1cent...Great!!! ;) Two weeks ago i won the Ticket...

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Yes, many will agree with you for so many hours tournaments run for 4 hours and you get little. As a result, it would be better to make tournaments in turbo speed or hyper turbo so it would be more interesting for all participants to play their favorite game and not sit for 4-6 hours while someone is sitting there and watching the movie and you are waiting for his move and the game lasts offered to make tournaments a little faster so that this does not happen, but I think this offer was rejected I hope in the future will make forum tournaments in turbo mode or in hyper turbo mode, players will play fast and continue to do their own always write posts with deeds what you think and do not go to look better in this regard, you did a great job expressing your truthful opinion
I don't think turbo structure is suitable for beginners. It will only end in being eaten by blinds much faster

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't think the turbo structure is suitable for beginners. This will only end up eating the blinds much faster
it's just that the game will be faster and people will have to play a little bit and not just sit and wait for the monster in their hand, as they do at our tournaments, sit for 4 hours just like that and not play poker, it's terrible

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As a starting player, completely recreational player, or just a player with a small bankroll its definitely worth it. The platinum level Cardschat freerolls are best there are. Your time investment/money reward ratio is on average better then playing micro MTTs.

If you have the bankroll and skill to play 5$ up to 8$/9$ buy in MTTs then at that point I would say CC platinum freerolls would not be better time sinks but at the same time not a waste either. While playing those, you could still keep open a table of a CC freeroll on your screen.

Only when we go to 10$ and upward buy in MTTs and players that can competently play them, then for those players CC freerolls (with the exception of the monthly 1K which is just good value however you cut it) would be a time waste. But then I refer to my first sentence, as those players do not have small bankrolls (well at least they shouldn't have).

First of all, I would like to thank you for your time, you certainly dedicated some of it to this beautiful text.

I believe in everything I said and I think it is extremely valid to go through all the stages, I had no idea of values, but this text already gives me a standard, even high I confess, but fortunately it does not discourage me, it motivates me more and more.

Hope to be playing with you as soon as possible.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's just that the game will be faster and people will have to play a little bit and not just sit and wait for the monster in their hand, as they do at our tournaments, sit for 4 hours just like that and not play poker, it's terrible

Here's a great argument, time is not the issue, not least because what is presumed to be, the longer I stay the better my reward will be, but playing poker is the most important thing, spending as much time as possible but not playing is torturous.

V

vitormh

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
the 888 freerolls that are superturbo are crazyness, with some gamble and luck you can win, but who don't have or has a micro bankroll is good for experience and increase the bankroll

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you carefully read all my posts, you will see there are no complaints or demands in any of them

Course is? More than 4 hours of work and your pay is 1 dollar, doesn't it seem like slave labor to you?

You are comparing playing a freeroll to freaking slave labor and you have the guts to say you are not complaining.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I don't think turbo structure is suitable for beginners.
So that's why too many people here lose their mind whenever see (cardchat) games in turbo mode :unsure:

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you play only tourneys i read about that also by professionell players have 70 percent loosing session. So if you play 6 hours and win 1 dollar it is positiv. For sure it did not look like a good investing of time. But the dollar is only one aspect. At first you win the money and invested in other games with a higher value. Also you could learn the game more and make some experience in different station of the game. I enjoy the game, and the money comes automatically if you play a game.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Look, I use freerolls to improve my game, to study and if I can win some money it's really cool.
Of course, nobody plays anything for free, but we all know that some freerolls take longer than others and sometimes the prizes are not enough, as a lot of people enter.
Plus, the free ones on Cardchat are great both for improving your game and winning some money.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have to consider that is a free tournament paid by cardschat, if you want to get more money you can register into a tournament of $1, $2, $3, etc. But if you don't have enough money to for it, those freeroll tournaments are excellent to start. Finally we have to remember that no one it's obligated to play, you're free to get into other tournaments.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only play for hobby and emotion. I love playing the freerolls.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am impressed with the level of toxicity of some members.
They do not add ANYTHING positively to the forum... they only create posts that generate friction between members...
they are always complaining about the cards, the players... etc etc.
It has always caused intrigue...
I keep asking myself what kind of mediocre life a person must have to be so bad with life....

Ps:
Answering the thread question...
Sometimes I spend 10 minutes playing spins and I feel more 'rewarded' than in a few hours in the CC frerolls...
but of course the CC frerolls for those who tend to always reach the money in the long term tend to make more sense...
Usually after some time the game starts to get interesting, some even start at a very good level (compared to average)

Freeroll Passwords