Is it possible to get up with a very small stack?

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it's possible. That is the reason why we love poker. I heard more then once about miracle storys. Winning a tournament after having one bb left. Everybody loves comeback storys even if it's a rarity. The truth is, that it is a tough way and most of the time it won't work. Sometimes....

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bet was terrible on the turn. The opponent made it clear that he was in the flop and will not fold. Luck helped to correct the error and was on your side in the future.

P

Pepepep10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Course it is, chip n a chair right? Especially in head's up double up a few times and you're back in it, obviously you have to throw some caution to the wind but maybe just maybe.....

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible and i did it few times, but more often i have busted in attempt to recover my stack

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tree Top Jack Strauss famously won the wsop Main Event after being down to only one 500t chip thus the saying "chip and a chair was born".

So yes, you can def come back from any stack size it just might take a lil bit of luck :)

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it's possible and has happened many times.
In your case though you have left with only a half of a bb xD .

And btw, I don't like your play here.
Being aggressive is good, but given the limper, that flop and your holding...
Better check back here, this is the kind of flops that I don't want to cbet with AQ.
And ok you cbet, but he calls and you go allin without any reason really.
I don't know if there's any weird history with the villain on previous hands, but here your play is definitely bad and risky for my taste.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's certainly possible. If players make the mistake of playing too cautiously against a small stack. Or if your hands are very strong.

A

AAlexandru17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it îs..i have 0.10 and i play a tournament with 10 dolars first price and win 1st..then i go spin and go 3 $ buy in and i play till i got to 100 $...so IT îs posible

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, just recently i was down to literally 1 bb and ended up finishing 6th.

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15 is just one SB so needed to run lucky a few times to even have the possibility to slect your starting hands. Seems pretty unlikely, not impossible though

A

Axel_W

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so possible

Won a couple of SNG from small stack.. was just lucky going all in with the last chips and hitting.. but yeah its possible..

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything is possible. I have found myself at the final table alot of times in 9th place out of 9. For me, that's when luck starts playing a role in my chips starting to build back up. I have to win a couple of good hands before i can start playing at 100%

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took down an SNG yesterday after losing a big hand and dropping below 1 BB. Shipped the next two hands and needed a little luck to win as a 40% underdog, then a flip, but after that was able to get back to my normal game and work my way back up off the mat and eventually win.

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had couple mtt when i woes last position with mine chip count but some how i manage take whole mtt down and finished first
so it dos not mater how many chips you have, like some one told you need chip and chair and you can win a mtt

Mendo

Mendo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best comeback was from 2 BB to 3rd place.

Yesterday, I had to rebuy after busting around level 5, I got way up, lost a couple of big flips at one point I was 135/138 I fought back up and I went on to win the tournament!

Last edited:
D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been very low stacked many times. Once I lost all but like 50, and as luck would have it the next hand I got AA. All in, I one the hand doubled up a few more times and was basically back into it. Pretty sure I still lost the tourney though. But it is possible to get back into a game especially is the blinds are still low.

A

amniasti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

hi ofcourse you can get up and with smal; stack many times happend to me and i win good prizes,in one moment i say ohhh no i lose this tournament i lose but one hand two and just get up

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got down to 90 chips early in a tourney not too long ago when the blinds where at 30 in a tournament with a little more than 500 and ended up coming in 4th, so yeah it is definitely possible. Sorry I don't have any pictures or anything for proof as I don't know how to do all that stuff, but all you need is a chip and a chair.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the smaller the stack, the less error and the luckier to get back in the game, you spent a lot of luck in 3 hands to get where you should have stayed, but you’re a hero I got back, believing you can come back is an important part of the game

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's nothing, once upon a time I won a tournament after losing all my chips :)
[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] That's nothig, once upon a time I won tournament before it started [emoji4]

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you still have some chips there is always a possibility. Chip and a chair is a very true adage. Obviously you must have some luck on your side to get the initial double up or double ups. Within the last week or so I was down to 1bb or so, had a few premium hands hold, and timely shoves that weren’t defended and I was right back in there with a playable stack. Ended up winning the tournament. I have to be honest that it’s not a regular occasion that this happens, but it’s not impossible.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends! I am grateful for the answers, but I can’t give everyone an answer - there are a lot of you! I want to continue what happened in the same tournament!
Here's how it all started! This is the first all-in:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/32006223_35D2DBCD9F
After 10 minutes, that's how it became! I increased the stack several times all-in every minute:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/32006290_5D222D897C
Within 10 minutes of the game - There were over 10 all-in!
What do you think - what happened next?
In the next post I will show a very interesting point! Follow the discussion!

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] That's nothig, once upon a time I won tournament before it started [emoji4]

:laugh::D:congrats::congrats::congrats: "Humor is a lifeline on the waves of :laugh: life.":captain: V. Raabe