Is it good to limp with small pocket pairs in tourneys?

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that case I would focus on my position and If I were in LP (raise) MP (raise) and EP (check / fold), but all these depends how much I have in stacks and other thing to be aware if you were in EP and the last one one try to punish limpers raising the pot

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Small pairs are good to play in position with more than 2 players in hand.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me many times that I don't know what to do when I receive these hands, that is a big failure, because you must have a previous action plan. Most of the time I decide on the fly how to act, I usually open my hand if I am in position but knowing that if I face a raise I may have to fold them.

Hoyt88Slayer

Hoyt88Slayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not online

On large online tourneys, the main goal should be to stay alive. Toss any small hand, you can not afford to chase a set, if someone raises preflight, just fold

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really like playing small pairs Out of Position postflop. What I do is limp a SRP, my goal here is to flop a set that's what I usually do.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on stack size and position but I like to limp with small pocket pairs

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never start limping, but I can join to limp.

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends which position I'm in

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I always like to see the flop with Pocket Pairs but if I miss I will always fold to any flop that has 2 or 3 higher cards, If there is only one over card I will call a small c-bet but it does depend on my stack size and how close to the bubble we are.
I have in some instances folded AA knowing my tourney life was on the line and that was pre-flop to an all-in bet from the biggest stack.
Luckily he found a caller from an AK suited and had I called he would have taken 2 of us out with pocket 9s and hit trips on the flop and quads on the river.
AK bubbled and I made the money.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

I always try, alot of times the others won't let you. Small raise you can consider calling, depends on your stack size and your feel. Good luck!

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure you might hit worth the try imho!

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on your stacksize, the opponent stacksize, your position and the way how your table plays...Theres is always the possibility to hit a set... ;)

fabio_xx

fabio_xx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Early tournament - limp/pay small raises. If you get three of a kind after the flop there are big chances you are going to double your stack.

Later on or short stacked shove or fold depending on the table Dynamics.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I am in the utg1 or utg2 positions with a small pair. I prefer limp to be able to follow the raises of my adversaries without having to put more chips than necessary to see the flop. on the other hand if I am in the cut off position and that everyone has limped before me. I allow myself to bet to make my opponents fold their hands preflop. most important with small pairs. it is not to invest too much preflop to be able to flop more easily because you will always be at a disadvantage if you do not hit your set.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting in cheap with a pair turning into a set can pay off huge.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you have a small pocket pair, call a bet if it is not to big,
then when you get trips then give it to them.

Giancarlomen

Giancarlomen

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to limp small pairs... tightly... where the magic happens (3 of a kind)

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the one hand, you even need to limp in order to flop a set, but nevertheless, you need to be very careful

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is HJ, CO and BTN, hoping for a set. From other positions, I'll throw it out.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can do anything with small pocket pairs if you dominate different ways to play with different players actions or at different tables, since you know the poker basics.

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limping

limping in position in long run might be a good idea to gain profit however always remember what your position is and how big the raise gonna be and if its worth cause sometimes your set under set cost you a big fortune

Dmondo

Dmondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing you can do losing set over set. (In general) always try to get into pots (set mine) with small pairs.

Dmondo

Dmondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you must take everything into account. It all depends on thr situation.
for me it depends on how many chips I have and how many my opponent has, how many players enter the play, it also depends on the reading that you have of the players

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
I pass betting if I am UG position. If someone raises before me, I fold unless I am on the button. If I am there I call. If there are limpers before me, I'll call in MP and raise if in CO or the button positions.
Dan'O

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I always shove when I have weak pocket pairs before the flop.