An inexpensive and very long tournament

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I take it as experience, because in cheap tournaments you can pay cheap to practice and improve your gameplay, because even if the tournament is cheap players still take it more seriously than games that are worth nothing.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Skip tournaments,if they usually last that long.Fortunely, there are still other games you can play.I would suggest you both cash games or sit$goes.With cash games yu can stop your poker session whenever you want and with the second ones in turbo format,they are faster than regular games and you could earn good money.It is up to you, mate

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Skip tournaments,if they usually last that long.Fortunely, there are still other games you can play.I would suggest you both cash games or sit$goes.With cash games yu can stop your poker session whenever you want and with the second ones in turbo format,they are faster than regular games and you could earn good money.It is up to you, mate
yes, I play in most of the cache or sit n go, but I didn't miss it as I was going well throughout, close to the chip leaders, it was a pity to throw

but it didn't become a lesson for me, yesterday I generally played in a tournament with hour breaks, there was some kind of incomprehensible format there, I realized for sure that tournaments are not mine:)

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the sake of learning, you can do it, but personally, i would find it frustrating in regards to the outcome. Better play quicker tournaments.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the sake of learning, you can do it, but personally, i would find it frustrating in regards to the outcome. Better play quicker tournaments.
this is unequivocal, the meaning of my post was this, to play either fast tournaments or if in long, then expensive, so that once in the prizes the result would not disappoint

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It all depends on the size of your bankroll. If you have your own bankroll management system, then you yourself will be able to calculate for yourself which tournaments suit you better. But poker, in any case, takes a lot of time.
Good luck.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yesterday at 888 I participated in a knockout tournament for $16.5, the tournament started at 17:30 my local time, since I am not a tournament player, I thought it would last 2 hours, it would end, dinner time and after that I had to go to the store, but.. at 22:30, after 5 hours I flew for about 20 (I won $17), I had 3 knockouts ($14) as a result, I won $15 While I never had dinner but had a computer lunch, didn't go to the store, I had a heartache from sitting for 5 hours straight in one place, I have a question — is it worth $15 to spend 5 hours of time, it's not better to play for money or just an expensive tournament, so that when you get to the prizes you know what you spent your time?
In this case you should look at the limit of players available in that tournament in this case so as not to waste too much time the ideal would be a city goal with up to 45 players that lasts around 2 hours depending on the structure of the tournament cied 10 minutes I play The No Tournaments maximum $1 with a maximum of 45 players that way I control My Time Better

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday, on 888, I participated in a knockout tournament for $ 16.5, the tournament started at 17.30 my local time, since I am not a tournament player, I thought it would last for 2 hours, it would end, dinner time and after that I had to go to the store, but.. at 22 30, after 5 hours I flew out for some 20 (earned $17), I had 3 knockouts ($14) as a result, I earned $ 15 While I never had dinner, but had a snack at the computer, I didn't go to the store, I had a headache from sitting for 5 hours in a row in one place, I have a question - is it worth $15 to spend 5 hours of time, isn't it better to play cash or just an expensive tournament, so that when you get into the prizes you know what you spent your time for?
Some players are not build for tournament style poker, they should stick to cash as a main game and only play big money tourney's. If the big money prise does not keep you interested, you are playing the wrong game.

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi!

I played on poker team. In those periods when I began to understand that, if the goal is to play tournaments, it is preferable to play the regular, longer tournaments. Well, the variance will be much smaller. When you take 1,000 or 2,000 tournaments and compare the turbo with the regular one, the difference is big. Now you play for fun, regardless of variance, turbos and hyper turbos are better.

Anyway, I believe the answer would depend on what you're looking for. Because, in my opinion, the long term in tournaments is very lucrative. Now if the time available to play is not much, the sites are the best option, in addition to a tube and a hyper turbo.

Guys from GL and I'll see you around!

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on BCP, super long tournaments. It was suggested on another poker site to wait until the field was whittled down and enter when the blinds were higher. Say a starting stack of 25-35BBs.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on BCP, super long tournaments. It was suggested on another poker site to wait until the field was whittled down and enter when the blinds were higher. Say a starting stack of 25-35BBs.
25-35 pounds is not a small amount, for example, I can't afford $ 40 for admission, but it's better to play in an expensive tournament once every 3 months than to waste time