In satellite tournaments. Do you ever fold AA preflop? I have done it once before.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're in a position where you can comfortably wait it out to the prize ticket, then I would just sit out. If you're borderline, then you can't fold aces.

This pretty much explains it. If you need more chips to be comfortable and could be on the verge, you have to play them. If you're in first and 2 spots away, fold.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never fold AA, not preflop, not flop, my hand does not rise to do this.

B

BrewCrewWI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is pretty incredible. I couldn't fold pkt aces because it may have been 1000 hands since I last seen them. In my time back (a week?) I've seen AA once. I mean if you're the player being dealt 4 high PPs in 5 hands every tournament or satellite you play that seeing AA is as simple as waiting one round of blinds, then sure go ahead. Maybe I'll subscribe to this thread and post the next time I get Aces to see what I mean.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never been able to fold an ace pair. Somehow it doesn't work, though I've lost it many times already.

C

CaioCesarGoes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In most of cases i'll shove, slow play is not for me. But i stiil learning the game.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult but if it usually happens, sometimes if you are very involved in the tournament and want to continue moving forward when the moment comes, you have to fold aces. That's life, that's poker :D

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I did it, on the bubble, when few people going all in and I had less chips than them.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This pretty much explains it. If you need more chips to be comfortable and could be on the verge, you have to play them. If you're in first and 2 spots away, fold.

Absolutely agree with you, to many times I lost with aces, but if I desperately need chips aces are the best to move all in

Folding in Poker Poker Tells