Hyper turbo tournaments - 3 minutes blinds.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to play hyper turbo tournaments you must be a lot more loose player.If you stay tight like in the regular tournaments and wait, blinds will eat your stack faster than the monkey eats banana.Throw in more card like A10,A9,A8,A7os or any card suited with ace,K10,Q10...And always be ready to go all-in.So if you are willing to raise 3 bets in regular tournament instead of that be ready to go all-in in the hyper turbo one.

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You get faster in push/fold mode, so focused on getting better at it.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to play hyper turbo tournaments you must be a lot more loose player.If you stay tight like in the regular tournaments and wait, blinds will eat your stack faster than the monkey eats banana.Throw in more card like A10,A9,A8,A7os or any card suited with ace,K10,Q10...And always be ready to go all-in.So if you are willing to raise 3 bets in regular tournament instead of that be ready to go all-in in the hyper turbo one.

Thanks for answered and for the tips.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a decent hand and very carefully, and success will come.Good luck:)

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, thank you for your comment. Well, I've had some good results in freerolls with this structure, but for a long time I can not repeat them, which I've noticed is that I've changed my playing style because of the large number of regular tournaments I've played, I'm probably mixing the game modes and having bad results in both types of tournament, I will soon review my game plan.

It might have just been a lucky streak.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love hyper turbos but you're dealing with a hell of a lot more variance because of the speed of the blinds and people pushing with any 2 cards. Sometimes you are just forced into a move

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper turbos are good if you can afford to lose the buy in. As you know the blinds are too fast to think. It's more or less a crap shoot. I don't play them that much. I prefer the long ones where I can have more time to create hands that win.

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we're talking 6-handed, you can average a successful ROI if you play LAG well.
Small field, small buy in SNGs in general are a good way to build a bankroll, given that you have solid BRM and play enough volume.

Obviously cash games are better.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys! Lately I have found and playing some freerolls with this structure or similar, in this type of tournament the allins are more contentious, I wonder if this type of tournament is still valid the same thinking of regular tournaments because I have not gotten good results playing tight, the blinds become my stack quickly. I need a new game plan, help me!

These types of tournaments I recommend going all-in on hands that has some chance of winning such as ace with paint 10, 9 , kq, and any pocket pair.

A

AllinCow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The multi all ins can make or brake you these types of tourneys, the free roll ones any way. I've never bought into the hyper MTTs, just the single table ones.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hypers are grea if you want some action, but it's hard to play, ranges are just too wide.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Success in ST games depend upon Stack size and as blinds are very fast so It is just Push or fold till you are in the final 5% of the players as till then you will have a good stack size where a standard 5x raise is enough to get the fold but again raise only up to this if you are going to call an allins bet.

S

santiago matias

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
3min tournaments need a lot of luck, i dont suggest you to play them

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consistently win hypers.

It's ideal if you're a skilled LAG player. There is always luck involved in everything in life. It's not accurate to say that Hypers are all luck and no skill, it's quite well known that these small fast tournaments can be consistently won. But it's not just skill that's needed, it's guts.

I recommend that ALL players play 6-max Hypers and learn to thrive in them. To be a strong player, you need to be comfortable in low-stack positions, which Hypers essentially are (perpetual shortstack situations). In fact, all strong players can play LAG, TAG and NIT exceptionally well. Whatever your natural preference, play the opposite from time to time.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, the big difference between turbo and regular tournaments is simply the open raise chart, the range of hands to be players must be adequate for the speed of the blinds, I delayed, but I did.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consistently win hypers.

It's ideal if you're a skilled LAG player. There is always luck involved in everything in life. It's not accurate to say that Hypers are all luck and no skill, it's quite well known that these small fast tournaments can be consistently won. But it's not just skill that's needed, it's guts.

I recommend that ALL players play 6-max Hypers and learn to thrive in them. To be a strong player, you need to be comfortable in low-stack positions, which Hypers essentially are (perpetual shortstack situations). In fact, all strong players can play LAG, TAG and NIT exceptionally well. Whatever your natural preference, play the opposite from time to time.

Yeah, I also think a good player should not stick to a single style of play, each step of a tournament requires a different style of play, and a good player must know the right time to change the style.

J

Jkendrick888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hypers are fun but you can shove 27 bbs easy with a strong hand its a different type of play. because your 27 blinds go away fast with the 3 min blind levels. you just have to change the way you play them. Bparis plays a lot of these hypers and he has over 10mil in cashes. You can catch him on twitch.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think those types of tournaments you play more aggressive, expand your range of hands, to try to double your stack as soon as possible.