Hyper turbo tournaments - 3 minutes blinds.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys! Lately I have found and playing some freerolls with this structure or similar, in this type of tournament the allins are more contentious, I wonder if this type of tournament is still valid the same thinking of regular tournaments because I have not gotten good results playing tight, the blinds become my stack quickly. I need a new game plan, help me!

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper turbos are pretty much all about luck. If you don't catch hands you have to be able to sell the idea that you did. Otherwise you are blinded out in no time.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
where i can find tournaments 3 minutes?
And what is their participation price?
It is interesting to try this tournament.

Although the less time for the tournament, chances for victory lie on luck and all.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think you can not apply the same strategy, in these tournaments there is more pressure to get chips, it is almost impossible to wait and hope you have a good hand

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hyper-turbo is more luck, but you need to have the ability to play short stack and know when to push or fold.

When I play this type of tournament, in the initial phase I try to keep my stack and when I get around 20-15bb I already start playing in the push/fold.

Avoid calling (unless you have good hands) and opt for open push. Open push when in the late positions and the others folded.

EXAMPLE for push in the late positions; AA-22, A2+, K2s+, K7o+, Q2s+, Q8o+, J7s+, J8o+ and other hands... just a example, ok? Don't wait too long for premium hands and always benefit when you are in the late positions and everyone folds.

I usually do well in these types of tournaments. My best results were 8th and 20th in +1100 player tournaments.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys! Lately I have found and playing some freerolls with this structure or similar, in this type of tournament the allins are more contentious, I wonder if this type of tournament is still valid the same thinking of regular tournaments because I have not gotten good results playing tight, the blinds become my stack quickly. I need a new game plan, help me!
You need to learn basic preflop shove strategy.

snapshove.com is a great place to start!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hyper turbo has very fast scale of blinds. You cannot play your game. This kind of games need the factor of luck more.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a daily freeroll on 888 with this structure. I wouldn’t buy in with this structure but it is fine for freerolls. Within 1/2 hour you are in the money. Of course it’s mostly luck with lots of all ins. You start with 3K chips and with half hour blinds are 1.5k/3K so you gotta double up quickly.

Of course you can’t bring same strategy to a normal structure tourney. You have to be careful not to develop bad habits with the turbo structure.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like this type of tournament. You are quikly in ITM. Less when have too much late register.

T

T_slu4ay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where i can find tournaments 3 minutes?
And what is their participation price?
It is interesting to try this tournament.

Although the less time for the tournament, chances for victory lie on luck and all.
Most of 888 freerolls have such blind structure

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a daily freeroll on 888 with this structure. I wouldn’t buy in with this structure but it is fine for freerolls. Within 1/2 hour you are in the money. Of course it’s mostly luck with lots of all ins. You start with 3K chips and with half hour blinds are 1.5k/3K so you gotta double up quickly.

Of course you can’t bring same strategy to a normal structure tourney. You have to be careful not to develop bad habits with the turbo structure.

Yeah, I think in this type of tournament I should play a bit looser, I think allins are inevitable and the variance will always be much higher than in regular tournaments.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes!

I won a bracelet in 2016, and have 7 WSOP final tables. :)

Congratulations! I feel honored to have your comments here, I think to be a champion, I must hear the municipalities of a champion haha

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper-turbo is more luck, but you need to have the ability to play short stack and know when to push or fold.

When I play this type of tournament, in the initial phase I try to keep my stack and when I get around 20-15bb I already start playing in the push/fold.

Avoid calling (unless you have good hands) and opt for open push. Open push when in the late positions and the others folded.

EXAMPLE for push in the late positions; AA-22, A2+, K2s+, K7o+, Q2s+, Q8o+, J7s+, J8o+ and other hands... just a example, ok? Don't wait too long for premium hands and always benefit when you are in the late positions and everyone folds.

I usually do well in these types of tournaments. My best results were 8th and 20th in +1100 player tournaments.

Hope this helps!

Firstly, thank you for your comment. Well, I've had some good results in freerolls with this structure, but for a long time I can not repeat them, which I've noticed is that I've changed my playing style because of the large number of regular tournaments I've played, I'm probably mixing the game modes and having bad results in both types of tournament, I will soon review my game plan.

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I registered in such a hyper turbo last week and I was eliminated easily.I don´t recomend this style of poker for beginers like me.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Hyper-turbo tournaments, much depends on luck. Here you need to play aggressively and avoid difficult situations with marginal hands. In my experience, the main errors are too tight and too loose game. I think that in this format of the game the most suitable strategy is loose-aggressive.

Last edited:
jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked more turbo tournaments, ideal for playing. Others come to my very long and takes too much time, especially when you can not earn a good amount. A hyper tournaments are completely out of luck in this type of tournament is like all-in tournament: D

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such tournaments you need to play more aggressively. And in the position-be sure to play aggressively.

I

ivandrago

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just avoid those turbo tournaments. Better regular for better poker

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
this type of games you can have a little patience in the 1st levels, but it is very complicated, in these tournaments you need to make chips quickly and constantly, I think that more than everything is about pressing enough

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mayby try turbo MTT- game is fast but less loterry, more skills. In hyper turbo games you have a wide range of starting hands, otherwise the blinds will eat the stack.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think the hyper turbo "Freerolls" its an little bingo game it chas some difference then at 15$+ buyins but if u got more time and u can keep u nerves on check then i preffer those regulars too u got many more opportunities to win.