How is your emotional when you're close to the final table?

Jardel Barros

Jardel Barros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try hard to keep calm and continue playing normally, but it's not easy.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last 2 tables of a tournie are very high pressure ICM spots in fact 2 tables is higher ICM pressure than the FT is. If you study ICM play and focus on implementing those strategies you will have little time to start dreaming of winning and thus getting emotional---it is that expectation of result that causes us to lose our rational focus. You may want to create an ICM checklist to help focus on the data collection categories that ICM play requires

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No emotions before or during a Final Table.
Emotionless Poker, should always be the goal.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get nervous, because I want to get to a final table and win money.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Visualize being at the final table and winning the event.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play more patient and i stay calm......i just realized that the tournament pay more

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play calmly, without succumbing to emotions, if emotions appear, errors will start in the game and I may not reach the final table.

H

Hedz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play in a similar way to what got me there, and try not to get too nervous and stop playing hands I normally would

choche0372

choche0372

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I feel happy, because I have an opportunity to show good results.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'm usually happy to have come this far and managed to avoid the badbeats, but it is and remains poker and I don't think that I'll get emotional then I'll continue to do my best and try to continue playing as calmly as before. I always expect that I can lose to inferior hands or with that win you never know what's coming. At the beginning when the tournament began, it was poker and in the end it is still poker and you have to take it as it comes. Good luck to everyone at the tables too, I wish you

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The most pleasant, trying to get to the final table. You play super neat

zaxxorr

zaxxorr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're worried/nervous you either are playing too big of a buy-in or have the wrong mindset going into it. I remember when I played a an annual tournamet where I won a package to Playground to play in an $1100 one of the ladies folded jacks and showed me after saying "I really want to make it to final table"

Do not be that person. Play your EV and use every edge you can. Don't focus on what could be or could not be. If you don't take the right shots maybe you wont WIN FIRST. Which is way better than making any final table.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am much more nervous when the fate of entering the pay zone is decided. The proximity to the final table is a nice feeling, completely stress-free for me.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
before my heart jumped out of my chest, now I have no emotion :)

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to keep calm, but I try to adapt the game rationally according to the amount of blinds I have.

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You always visualize that you are going for the big piece of cake, not for the leftovers.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just need to play more and gain experience. ;)

Once you have made a few hundred final tables, they don't seem "special" enough anymore to cause nervousness.

Focus on continuing to make proper plays, and not on "making the final table." If that makes any sense. :)

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Even before a game I’m nervous but after a few hands it get more comfortable in the game.then when close to the money my heart rate goes up.then once I reach the money I’m more calm but even more focused.then when close to final table I tend to tighten up.not to nervous cause I’m already in the money.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only emotion i probably go through is frustration. The time it can take to finally get down to the last 9 can sometimes irk me. People are tanking, using all their time bank etc. In terms of being close to the final table, i just take it as it is. If i make it then great, if not, then there is always the next time.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel motivated to win a tournament and keep saying to myself "easy, easy, wait for your chance".

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In those moments I live a strange amalgam of feelings that resemble even those of childhood (exaggerated enthusiasm, expectation of rewards at a much higher intensity) and any hand I play I experience it on another level. But of course the adult part enters the show and that helps me keep my composure, as recommended.

But I have to admit that sometimes I like to feel carried away by those strong feelings in a controlled way, because we all know how quickly joy can be erased in the game of poker.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the final table is a common thing for me to get into it is not difficult I think for good players it is also a couple of victories and just patience to keep your chips and you can easily do it in the final in the final you play on pair cards or high cards and win if these are tournaments less than $5000 if higher, then there is already a different tactic, listen to my advice, you win luck at the tables