How are you performing in open Freeroll tournaments?

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Am I the only one who finds it very difficult to break into the bubble in these tournaments?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Am I the only one who finds it very difficult to break into the bubble in these tournaments?
You are not the only one. Do not be sad, be patient. Good results come with time and experience. Maybe our free course will help you get good results faster.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to watch successful players play and you will succeed.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I easily reach the final after I lose there is no desire to play further

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's different for me. If the card is constantly bad, then you can’t even dream of a bubble. I noticed that if I have a lot of paired hole cards, then I will definitely get to the last table. It turns out then a lot of sets.

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Hello, my fellow cardschat friends! In most cases, I reach the paid place in these competitions. But on pokerstars it can be so annoying that immediately after that a fish chip leader comes and knocks me out of the competition right away. and I have to end it unintentionally. even at this time, I would gladly go all the way to the final table, but unfortunately this happened very rarely

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
takes a lot of patience I find but also switching playing style depending on the stage of the tournament

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
freerolls are notoriously difficult to cash in giving the huge pool of players and fish. You gotta get lucky, along with playing as solidly as possible.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lately I'm not having good results, I'm playing an average of 10 freerolls a day, but I only get 2 or 3 prizes, and it's usually the lowest prize, I'm at a stage where I'm hardly reaching the final straight of the tournament

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It really depends on the day, yesterday (Thursday) I got 2 bubbles and 1 final table. (Wednesday) 3 final tables, 2 on Cardschat (PS and 888) maybe the difference that I play 6 to 8 hours a day.
Keep going, good luck and success

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are two crazy phases in freerolls, i .e., when you see a lot of shoving. The first 15 minutes or so and then again once most folks are down to 10-20 big blinds. Those are good times to take a coffee break. Once you get close to the bubble the play slows down to a standstill. That’s the time to chip up cuz it’s gonna get active again as soon as the bubble is burst.

You often see a third crazy phase at the final table when down to 5-6 players.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best I had achieved was only weeks ago 2nd place in the Daily Freeroll of cardschat :D Unfortunately, I have not been ITM since then, because I often only play on the side and during the week evenings unfortunately often have other things to do.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No you. are not alone. I find with these free rolls it's either feast or famine, I get great hands and go all the way or I get great hands (AA etc) and get booted, such is the nature of all tourneys played on PS...

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i notice when you go allin with big pairs and have low stake ,big stacks calls with any pair and hit two pairs no surprise anymore when you seen this time and time again it is annoying n frustrating

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
sometimes i get 1st place but most times i get bad beats and i am out early :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of what freerolls you are talking about. The 888poker open freerolls I don't think it's too difficult to cash, but it's difficult to make FT because the level of blinds increase so fast which make the luck factor very important. But in the PS open freerolls I rarely cash.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nothing complicated at all) try to act a little more tight on the bubble of this tournament)!

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The freeroll ITM bubble can be quick (with a faster blind structure) or slow. I get the ITM bubble can take some time where min cash can be boost to micro bankroll. I would say make a note on players' playing tighter as you near the bubble and see if opportune to steal blind and antes.

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like open tournaments, I almost always get paid. It has gone well for me, in those types of tournaments you find all kinds of players. Over the years I have honed my skills.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everything depends only on you. Try to be more patient and play only with strong cards even in freerolls. I think in this case your results will improve.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Patience is the name of what you need!

My last results were terrible. But overall, it's not difficult to get past the bubble.
You will have to fold many better hands, probably.
Of the last two pay zones I took, I pretty much stayed away for quite a while, was to come back and win a hand.
Enough to enter the bubble.
However, it's almost always better to get healthier in chips so you can pay off better.

But one step at a time.
Focus on getting past the bubble first.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In a CC freeroll with 100-200 players I do fairly well but in an open freeroll with 1000+ players not so good, to many bomb shells to avoid.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
They are very tough, you have to be patient and lucky. Try to play only premiums in ther first levels, then when a good number of players get busted (the gamblers) try to do your normal stuff.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not been very lucky at all! I seem to be getting rivered 95% of the time. It’s getting ridiculous…. I don’t get upset anymore.. I just laugh and leave.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not so good of late. I was particularly bemused by this one. Over two and a half thousand players and only 8 qualify. I made it. Then with around 22 players and 5 qualifiers I come nowhere. That was Thursday. Hope to do better tonight.

Attachments

• won-thursday.jpg
    won-thursday.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 1