How to stop losing chips in tournaments?

N

Nepha1em

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How to stop losing chips in tournaments? it is my big problem, tryed tight playing, agressive play, even playing like a big fat fish (so am I) always cant get the prize zone:(

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cold head, and if you used to play normally and then watched a lot of videos about how to play correctly, although before playing well, most likely you became a fish.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that 1st should be clear that not only try to play aggressive or play tigth, there are other factors, you have to analyze well the plays and your opponents, see the mistakes you are making and try to correct

BlackMember

BlackMember

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently for me it too became a big problem :(

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it's hard to tell you how not to lose the chips, I think you have to examine in detail how you are losing the chips, try not to lose your temper and see which mistakes you make, not only will you play aggressive or tight

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I mentioned right now in another post, insisting on the hand can cause problems, sometimes the best is to fold.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight, aggressive play works but you also have to consider the table you are playing at. After the button has gone round a couple of times, I usually know which players fold easily to bets and whose blinds can be more easily stolen, I have some idea of how effective continuation bets are at picking up the pot before showdown and so on. These then allow me to make small gains as well as big gains by playing my premium hands well.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to keep the game tight-agressive, but need to add more 'moves' in your game so you don't have to stay always depending on the good cards!
Some tips to implement;
3bet-light (bluff)
Check-raise on flop or turn
Second barrel bluff on turn after the c-bet flop

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only luck will help in this. No AA did not help win the tournament

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't just decide to play one style or another. You have to gauge what style your opponents are playing and adapt your play to that.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have the same issues sometimes.. specially when i get a good amount of chips. i keep loosing them. i think you should keep trying to find the type of play that fits you better.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the beginning of a tournament you need to play tight and aggressive when you have a strong hand ,save your chips for later on in a deep tournament remember its a marathon not a sprint .

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There's nothing complicated in this

There's nothing complicated in this, just stop playing the game on a bad card. Come into the game only on over cards AK, AQ, AJ and on overpairs JJ, QQ, KK, AA. And gradually make yourself a table of starting hands, on which and wake up to play. And you will see how the results will immediately appear. I started playing poker in this way. The main thing is to have the desire and patience and everything will turn out for you. If there is no patience it is better not to play poker.

S

santiago matias

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
try to play big hands, its always profitable, sometimes go all in when its a really good hand, players will fold and u will get called rarely

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
after each game session you need to do the analysis of the played hands! for novice players, the analysis should take as much time as the game and gradually this value grows towards the game !!! and do not forget to watch the streams of experienced players !!!

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning you must be selective with your hands, and win a good pot of chips, for later in longer stages of the tournament, have a more liberal and aggressive games.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We should try a change of tactics. Instead of aggressive play, you can try to apply moderately loose passive style. I also mean those situations when there is a strong card. No need to go straight to the Bank. You can try to bet as in the games pot limit. I agree that you will win less, but on the other hand you will lose less. Moving happens quite often!

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Dimon.

Only play high cards suited if you can. And also the high pairs. Play them for value. And always keep your opponent guessing with different types of bets or even a good check here and there. After all with these cards your looking to brew up something strong and there is always the river to bed hard on. Stop playing the trash and play the good hands.

A

andriyky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't be angry and do not play aggressive just because one of your hands was busted.

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn the beginning of the mathematical basis of poker. After that, think about whether you want to continue playing poker. If so, take care of your nerves

LéoSRibeiro

LéoSRibeiro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned that if you do not trust a hand, you better give up.
I'm not a professional player, I've never won anything (yet).
But I'm in the way ... I get very close to the awards in all the tournaments I participate. I know my time will come.

I'm here for it. Learn from you, who seem to me to be exceptional players.
A hug!

Poker Chips - History of Chips