How to stay in a tournament after so many hours?!

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I personally can't go past 5 hours, it's extremely tiring for me, and I start playing all the wrong hands and I can't pay attention to the plays anymore. How is it for you? what do you do to be able to maintain long tournaments?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
During the week focus only on sng in 7 hours of work.

Leaving only free for the afternoon period.

Long tournaments I leave for the weekend.

To have less mental fatigue, the ideal is to have a good diet and sleep well the night before. This way you will have rested and your development will have better results.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play turbo tournaments on week days because I don't have many hours to play, so, if I'm still playing after 4-5 hours is because I'm on FT or very close to the FT. If I'm feeling tired during the session, I usually drink some coffee or splash some water on my face to wake up.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had grinded SNGs for a couple of years. My session would be about 2 to 4 hours. I would get mental fatigue after about six hours.

One item is taking the five-minute break to focus on something other than poker. (Couple minutes of exercise, prepare a small meal).

Recommend a routine before grinding long MTT sessions.

It has take practice to be able to focus for a long MTT session.

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I had grinded SNGs for a couple of years. My session would be about 2 to 4 hours. I would get mental fatigue after about six hours.

One item is taking the five-minute break to focus on something other than poker. (Couple minutes of exercise, prepare a small meal).

Recommend a routine before grinding long MTT sessions.

It has take practice to be able to focus for a long MTT session.
Practice is without a doubt the secret, it's really hard for me to keep so long, but I'll try again with your tips, I hope to evolve more with your tips.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can't play long tournaments then why do you start them. You have to play what you can.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I personally can't go past 5 hours, it's extremely tiring for me, and I start playing all the wrong hands and I can't pay attention to the plays anymore. How is it for you? what do you do to be able to maintain long tournaments?
For such tournaments, you need to sit down prepared.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.After being many hours in a tournament ,fatigue appears ,so it is essential to be well hydrated during the next hours.It is also important no t to play so many tables at the same time and focus all your attention on the tourney you are playing because you could get distracted and make some unnecessary mistakes.

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
If you can't play long tournaments then why do you start them. You have to play what you can.
It makes sense, but it's not like I couldn't, I believe that by practicing and with the tips above I can overcome this difficulty, I also like to play smaller tournaments because I can go to the final table more easily, but the prizes tend to be smaller too . Long tournaments are like pots of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice and repetition, everything gets used.
In my case it's a little different, in the first hands I still haven't warmed up, after a few hours I'm in full attention:)

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My game routine is like this.
I play for an hour, and I go play with the dogs.
I play another hour, and then I go to church.
I play another hour and go to the movies.
I play another hour and go to the mall.
So I don't get tired, the only problem is that when I come back from my breaks, I'm not in the tournament anymore.:ROFLMAO:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I usually play 4-6 hours a day. Sometimes on weekends I play for 8-10 hours. It's a matter of habit, I've been playing poker for about 6 years now, so I'm used to it and I don't get tired.
Good luck.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Coffee is almost always the answer! =)

It's a joke... or not.

Make the most of the break to relax... did I say coffee? or preparing a snack for the session are also effective. In my case, I smoke one and it allows me to endure long sessions (along with coffee).

Some tournaments seem really boring, even more so when they last longer than expected.
But if you have a high prize, I bet the animation appears out of nowhere! haha

Above all, there is no rule, you will have to find the way that will make these hours more pleasant.

My game routine is like this.
I play for an hour, and I go play with the dogs.
I play another hour, and then I go to church.
I play another hour and go to the movies.
I play another hour and go to the mall.
So I don't get tired, the only problem is that when I come back from my breaks, I'm not in the tournament anymore.:ROFLMAO:
@Gritz18
Great!!! I'll try this strategy or something similar! haha It looks smooth and fun to me. :p

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
5 hours for me is just leaving the beginning:giggle: :)

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can eat , drink, watch tv show, take a break if you need to.The most important thing to stay in a tournament that long is the price of the tournament a good motivation, but five hours .... honestly i get tired.I guess if you practice a lot you learn how to manage that

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Tried a $1.10 today on pokerstars, finished 13th, 5 hours of play. It feels like I have a time limit, my head is exploding. :x

EDSON 138

EDSON 138

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm alrealdy the opposite the more I play the more focused I get I just don't like it very much when I'm in long tournaments my wife and daughters want attention then it tottaly distracts me.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play up to 10 hours a day, with multiple tournaments at the same time. It's tiring, but the secret is discipline.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the optimal session duration is precisely 5 hours, no more. At least after 5 hours I also start to get tired and lose concentration.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your willpower to win or get as far as possible can help, the competitiveness of poker is very good to take good players further.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Play in the right state: no fatigue, no alcohol, no bad mood. Perseverance and take moving calmly.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the long grind is very tiring, then you don't have to try it, or you can strengthen your will with mental training.
By the way, if you feel very tired, washing your face with cold water might help.
It's up to you to choose what works for you.

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i go Deep in tournaments i play better and better but If the prize îs small i cant play my Best poker

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you need to take adrenaline drinks they will help you stay awake and relieve fatigue there should always be food in front of you to eat because the brain needs to think it gets tired and you can’t do without food