How to reduce the luck element in poker?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whoever easily goes all-in and bets all-in as opposed to all you can do is wait for a good hand and try to pronounce it.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study, Study and study, think twice before each movement, be aggressive, recalculate your hand value on each street, don't be nervous, watch some hand reviews, sometimes trying to think how a great player would do in your place can help you.

you will not be a poker winner in just one hand, but you can lose a tournament in a single slip.

Remember in each play to evaluate: the position, range of hands of all positions, stack of all involved, and the readings and notes you made of your opponents. Thinking about your image and what it represents is also an important factor.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This question comes up in many threads and the answer is always the same - play solid poker. You know how to calculate odds, probabilities, and EV. The all-in idiots do not. That does not mean you will beat them every hand, but you don't have to. You have to beat them often enough to have long term success. Simple. Easy.
I play all the time against guys who are bad. When they brag about their winning hands with rags, I congratulate them and encourage them. Over the long run, they have paid me over and over and over - and they don't even realize it.
Let's all agree to please stop complaining about 'BAD PLAYERS'. They are the reason we are successful players. If they get better, it will be harder for us.

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to wait out this wave. :)Usually, at the beginning in a tournament, many go all-in, I sometimes even fold an ace and a king.:D

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Studying more and practicing, so you don't get so dependent on luckStudying more and practicing, so you don't get so dependent on luck.

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should play a lot of tournaments. Prior deep stack tournaments.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are two main ways to reduce the impact of bad luck.
1. Play more hands.
2. Risk less money.

If you play more hands, that means you're risking less pre-flop and you have more flexibility when it comes to folding. It also relates to defending your blinds. If you get to see a discount pre-flop, you have to take it. You never know when you'll hit trips.

In terms of risking less money, that comes down to bankroll management. Spend within your means.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By playing total GTO at the highest level...otherwise at the low stakes, its like the quantum realm. Nothing makes any sense so you can whatever and luck is king!!

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play lots of hands. This way you can better anticipate high bets and wait for the flop with lower cards.

D

doom60

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a good idea in MMT or 9 players at a table. You will see a lot of highs and lows. Probably more lows than high.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
poker is all about skill and lots of luck

i have played at least 30 hrs this week and what i have realized is that at times the game would be against you reasons for saying this is i have been beat in some ridiculous situations where i was a huge favorite

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just try to fold preflop all in if you want to avoid from luck, and do any action action on flop

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, don't go allin with hands that are gonna coin flip, play post flop. avoid playing small/ middle pairs if its too expensive..they arent worth it imo

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
taiti game, waiting for an opportunity and counting on luck too!

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just be patient and wait for hands , avoid playing low pocket pairs, if it is too much to call. Just remember even the best pocket pair can lose. Really to win tournaments ,you will need luck on the way. Always remember luck will be a factor in poker.

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reduce luck by moving in with made hands and not draws is my suggestion. Luck will always be a factor no way around it.

A

amitmanchanda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that if a person asks such questions, then it is better for him not to play poker for money)) Since the risks are large enough, and you do not understand the banal (

I don’t play poker for living for sure :)

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
play in a well chosen ranger position, avoid low pairs, marginal hands and all in pre flop

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patiently wait for the right cards.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In MTT tournaments online, you are often playing with players who have no idea of ​​pot odds or any other theory, they just bet all-in and are lucky sometimes. How do you play against these players?

Your question is wrong my friend!
The right question is: How to work the luck element in Poker!
If you enter an MTT you are expected to receive cards to play around 120 hands. Unless a maniac takes you out of the game with a crazy all in.
Going back to 120 hands, will you connect them all? Suicide! Remember: you must work your luck. Poker luck is like a temperamental girlfriend: you need to get close slowly, feel the weather. Touch it lightly and see the reaction. If you're favorable, you attack.
Luck and bad luck are part of Poker. You must learn to look at your hand, your position at the table and the behavior of your opponents and deduce whether it is a hand of luck or chance.

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trying to know and read your opponent can reduce the luck. but in the end it stills luck. you will lose your hand again weaker hand on showdown. many times. lol.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a 0.02 hyperturbo tournament for a long time! there the blinds grow very quickly! sometimes you only see 10 hands per game! only after playing about 1000 tournaments I realized that there is no skill here! if a good card had time to come, then it is possible to rise! so this tournament is solely for luck! sorry that I realized this so late ((

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
Thinking in the long term. If they bet everything with any card and it touches those cards on the board in the long run it will not touch them. When thinking in the long term it is good that they do it because if they always do it they will not always win. In the long run we will win and double our stack.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No luck no win

In my opinion, you cannot win a MTT without luck. No matter how good you are, you will always need luck.

Either you need luck so that the other person doesn't suck out on you, or you need luck to hit your magic card.

To reduce luck you will only need to play AA, and I have played plenty tournaments where I don't get a pair higher than 88.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the all-in game is every time a lottery for any player. It doesn't matter if you are a super professional or a novice Amateur.. I think to avoid stupid players, you need to review your game tactics. Stop going all in or place a huge bet with the wrong hand against an opponent who will put you all in.

MTT tournaments are a long, gradual, competent game. And I am surprised by players who go all in with: JT, KT, KJ, QJ or a small pair on the preflop. Of course, you can get lucky, win 2-3 all-in, and greatly increase your Bank. But as I see it, such players, if they have a big pot, still lose it later and are eliminated..

Again don't rush to go all in and see the big pot on the table! Only a long and competent game can bring you good luck in a long tournament.

Make a simple fold and forget about this hand. This is the best solution against very stupid players :)