How to reduce the luck element in poker?

Fisherman_63

Fisherman_63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is this necessary? The zest of the game will disappear. It will turn into a lesson in mathematics.

A

Anatolie Fomov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FomovA

against these players playing after a certain strategy, to very good and careful books

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the player can go Allin with every hand, don't keep somebody else's raise with a good hand you raise and the opponent begins to push EV fold

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play with a card that can not be defeated

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want it or not, luck will allways be a factor when playing poker. It is something you just have to accept. By improving your game you can minimize the damage taken by bad luck

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The luck factor. This is what the influence on the result in poker is called. It all depends on how much you play. In one hand, luck is of great importance, but if you play a million hands, its impact on your winrate will be miserable. In addition, the importance of luck depends on the type of poker you play, your style of play, the advantages over your opponents and a number of other factors. If someone calls you a certain percentage (for example, he says that everything depends on luck in poker by 70%), safely send him away, because this person has no idea what he is talking about.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can´t reduce the luck element. You just have to play with probability. You might know how likely your hand will win and analyze your opponent.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with volume. the more you play the less luck involved. you need tilt and brm control to rid off luvk

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
5 years I can t find any tormula!

R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokezr is a game based on chance; so if they go all-inn all the time, they lose more then they win; but yeah it's not that great playing those guys. But I only call if I'm in a good position, and with desent (or even good) hands.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In MTT online tournaments, lot of time you are playing with players who have no idea of pot odds or any other theory, they just bet all in and get lucky at times. How do you play against these players?
Two days ago I had AA all-in pre-flop (i 4bet, they went all-in for which I was happy) against 86s first and later against 86o. In both cases, I lost (once to flush, once to straight). Same day I also had KK all-in pre-flop against 23s and was beat by two-pair. Luck, ugh. HOWEVER - that was one day, ONE DAY. Variance happens. IT IS REAL.

In answer to your question "how do you play against these players?"

1. Play solid poker. Think long-term - don't let the results of <this game> tilt you, variance happens.
  2. Do NOT impose your thinking on the other players - just because you would fold 86o out of position doesn't mean they will. FOLD when you know you are beat - don't call to "find out"
Remember... you are not any more unlucky than anyone else! Cheers.

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sooner or later, skills overwhelms luck.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must play the best possible poker, maybe this type of players have luck in on hand, but in the long run the best player will have better results.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait for AA, KK, or as close to that as possible to counter these all in preflop guys. There are other things too that can happen that will get you away from the preflop maniac such as table changes or other players calling them and knocking them out.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
just try to make your game and apply all you know

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decreasing the variance, avoiding dubious spots

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the best way is somehow to survive those all in fools i know its sometimes hard with Main hand at start but the weaired thing is they will own u pocket pair at the end the all in option is only if u in late stage of the tournament and u got really not many BB.(or u just feel the right moment to bluff) ;].

A

amitmanchanda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To restart the discussion, has any seen final table of wsop online $10000 buy in, all in hand of pocket 10 vs pocket 9?

Suraj with pocket played it perfectly and had 4 to 1 advantage. Still he end up loosing To a set and finishing at 7 place instead of easily winning the tournament.

This kind of luck what I wanted to discuss especially in crucial time.

I remember loosing back to back hands with pocket Kings in a WSOP $280 buy in tournament in 2018 when only 17 players were remaining out of 210. One hand pre flop all in then loosing to a set on river and other to Big blind calling my 3 bet, flopping ace on flop but I got nut flush draw, so I called but to no avail.

Put me in tilt for next few weeks.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's looking at what each player is doing and try to maximise the chance of winning each one instead of trying to win with random cards

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that if a person asks such questions, then it is better for him not to play poker for money)) Since the risks are large enough, and you do not understand the banal (

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is always a part of poker and over the long run it benefits us as much as it hurts us. As poker players were working to get ourselves into the best positions we have.

If we know ranges and pot odds and how likely are hands are to improve, those all reduce uncertainty, and while that's not the same as luck, it improves are chances of winning a hand.

And it totally sucks getting sucked out on.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...it seems online has more bad luck[cooler ] hands than actual..but there is tons more volume...just play your best and hope to reduce luck

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just take the good with the bad but then again is it better to be lucky than good.:):):)

W

wilberth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In MTT tournaments luck is high because of the number of players and the constant all-in action. Luck will always be there in these tournaments, so it's hard to avoid that. You have to follow a strategy regardless of luck because in the long run you will be better off.