How to prepare for long tournaments?

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long tournaments are hard, especially where registration goes four hours. As not prepare would still hard.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If it is easy have some rest before the game, and eat someting after the rest and before the game. Try to focus to this game.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On top of everything that's been posted-

1. Meditation to get in the right mindset
2. Coffee to make sure you're awake enough
3. Envision winning

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, to prepare for long tournaments it is necessary to consider 2 main factors - emotional and physical condition. Because it’s hard to be in a good mood if something hurts or there is constant discomfort.

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are a lot of ways to prepare, it depends on everyones own personalities...but something I think is overlooked often is being in a comfortable ergonomic position. it's proven if your doing the correct things with your chair, monitors, lighting, etc. it will help you focus for longer durations of time.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always prepare myself for long tournaments but, having music on and a beer fridge beside my computer and just be relaxed and patient. I always want to do well but at times my luck isn't so good and I go out fast. I do this all the time I play poker online.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good sleep is the key to concentration. Way to go! I couldn't do that.

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends, This is my first publication. Last Friday I played a tournament in which I went very well I finished 4th but the same one lasted 11 hours. from 7 p.m. to 6 p.m., I destroy it. How do you think we should prepare to face such long tournaments?

My congrats !
What was the prises for the 4th place & for the 1-st ?

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always sleep well before play long tournaments, I try listen music at early stages to relax and if I think that I need I stop to listen when is close to ITM. I always have coffee and some food to break.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First of all, I try to have a good rest, get some sleep. In addition, I regularly go swimming and this has a good effect on my stamina. An hour before the tournament starts, I like to stroll through the park.

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only played for 3 hours I guess, so no expirience in 12 hours game so far. But obviously one need to prepare food and drinks and not to be tired, like not that you have to be awake for 30 hours in the end, so plan your time. And ofcourse if you think deeper one need is dedication!

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Peace of mind, to rest. To have no side irritants, And to prepare things for eating and drinking

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Eliminated any distraction
2. any food and drink
3. focus on game