tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone

I still have trouble not being ejected from a tournament when there are only 30 or 50 players left, whereas there were several thousand at the beginning of the game.

I tried every possible strategy. play aggressive, play tighten, bluff but nothing is done each time is the same scenario that is repeated. What are your advices ? Do you know videos or articles that are likely to help me improve my game and to go beyond this stage.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try a tournament with 30-50 players to practice. Then play heads up tournaments to practice winning.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thirty to fifty is when the real poker begins, in my opinion. I first try to read the players at my table very carefully. Then play the player more than I play my cards. The reward gets higher and higher when you're in the money. I try not to be in a hurry to push when I am short stacked, even though it is generally common knowledge to do so when you have any fold equity. It's ok to let others bleed out while you wait for a better hand you can push with. Good luck.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys,the cry of the soul! I today, the tournament lost all the neither are all past-aces lose to kings ,kings to aces - pokerstars has swung - and I'm not that sorry money,no, I'm sorry - I'm not bad,and losing money on an empty place! Gede justice? Maybe it's due to the fact that I'm a dime in the PokerStars not invested! But would still it's a shame!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try a tournament with 30-50 players to practice. Then play heads up tournaments to practice winning.

hi yes that's one of the reasons I try to join the frerrolls club.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thirty to fifty is when the real poker begins, in my opinion. I first try to read the players at my table very carefully. Then play the player more than I play my cards. The reward gets higher and higher when you're in the money. I try not to be in a hurry to push when I am short stacked, even though it is generally common knowledge to do so when you have any fold equity. It's ok to let others bleed out while you wait for a better hand you can push with. Good luck.

it's true that the game starts when you reach that number of players. That is exactly the problem. it is always at this moment that everything goes into a spin. or I do not touch any more cards while the blinds are increasing or I hit AA KK and the same by doing all in preflop. I do not win except once or I managed to reach 8th place. it's a real mystery for me, I'm really starting to believe that I'm cursed. Thank you in any case for your advice and also wish you good luck.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi yes that's one of the reasons I try to join the frerrolls club.

Freeroll tourneys are great practice! The FRC is even better! I like the ACR steps that start with a Freeroll and can get you into the Sunday million.
I've found that deep in a tourney as long as you can stay around average chip count and stay patient you've got a shot. And obviously, you can't win a decent size MTT without some luck! GL out there :)

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on your stack size and your opponents. If you are short stacked, look up push allin/fold charts as a general guideline. If you are deeper stacked, you can see more flops in position, but don't be overly aggressive. Generally I try to open my weaker hands vs tighter opponents because they are more likely to fold preflop or to a flop CBet.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that all poker players have the same question including of course me. The answer is patience and analysis of the informations we saw in the game. This includes the maths of the game and the picture of the other players.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello everyone

I still have trouble not being ejected from a tournament when there are only 30 or 50 players left, whereas there were several thousand at the beginning of the game.

I tried every possible strategy. play aggressive, play tighten, bluff but nothing is done each time is the same scenario that is repeated. What are your advices ? Do you know videos or articles that are likely to help me improve my game and to go beyond this stage.

welcome to my world :D. in General, I can only dream of reaching such heights with a large field of players. I'll tell you more, I can't even get to the money, and I have the same questions. good luck to us. :)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
As many posters already mentioned above no matter how many they begin in those 30-50 players they are probably left some quality ones. Many of those will take marginal spots in order to get in the FT with a decent amount of chips.

First and foremost if you have a decent stack play with aggression otherwise your stack will have no impact to the others.When I say aggression I don't mean to open every flop and bluff with air but based on your table image act accordingly.Put aggression by open raising 2x no more is needed.

If you are short stacked just wait for some open shove spots or some resteal spots based on your reads.Try not to burn your big blinds by completing the SB or open limp with marginal hands. Your one and only goal when short stacked is a double up.

Don't wait for a total monster hand to open shove , there are many push/ fold chats on the internet and it would be beneficial for you to have one.
maybe this one will work for you:
https://floattheturn.com/wp/pushfold/

Last but not least don't play scary and extremely passively , sometimes we lost even if our play was the right.That's poker!

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone

if you have not much BB but you arent in the last. you can try to reach places with more money by folding not really good cards

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As many posters already mentioned above no matter how many they begin in those 30-50 players they are probably left some quality ones. Many of those will take marginal spots in order to get in the FT with a decent amount of chips.

First and foremost if you have a decent stack play with aggression otherwise your stack will have no impact to the others.When I say aggression I don't mean to open every flop and bluff with air but based on your table image act accordingly.Put aggression by open raising 2x no more is needed.

If you are short stacked just wait for some open shove spots or some resteal spots based on your reads.Try not to burn your big blinds by completing the SB or open limp with marginal hands. Your one and only goal when short stacked is a double up.

Don't wait for a total monster hand to open shove , there are many push/ fold chats on the internet and it would be beneficial for you to have one.
maybe this one will work for you:
https://floattheturn.com/wp/pushfold/

Last but not least don't play scary and extremely passively , sometimes we lost even if our play was the right.That's poker!

it is easy to stay average and it is not very rewarding with the temp. it is harder to be in front and stay there to reach the final table which remains the ultimate goal.

I thank you for your answers and for Push Fold Charts that I would take care to consult.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it all depends on the size of your stack. If the stack is large, you can bluff or steal blinds more often, but if the stack is small, you need to wait for a good card and play push fold. In general, I always try to play only on a good card, even regardless of the size of the stack. This strategy helps me get into prizes more often.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
# 1 rule as far as I am concerned is: Never second guess yourself. If you have doubts about yourself, it's a fair assumption that you will fail in your endeavor. # 2 Don't ever let yourself get pot committed unless you feel as though the odds are in your favor. #3 Keep doing the things that got you to this point in the tournament, unless feel that the players have figured you out, in which you will than have to change your game up a little bit, without trying to deviate too much. Basically what I am saying is that it's going to be a tough battle no matter what, all things being equal. The most important thing is just getting the experience of being in these situations and evolving your game from there. Good luck!!!

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hard to say what is going wrong

Deep field MTTs can be very hard to cash in . You can do almost everything right over and over and still keep missing the money . Its called variance , and even top experts can run bad for long lengths . Practice and study ; perhaps things will improve !

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, play the player.

I never expect to get the best cards. At the end of the game I agree that you definitely need to play the player.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it happens to me that I make many mistakes right at that stage of the tournament, I make bad decisions, I think sometimes I can not control my game, other times I get good results, playing more aggressive, thinking better about the moves I'm going to make, but not all the days are the same

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play well tournaments

To do well in the final stages of tournaments must play aggressive but unfortunately not always give luck but it gets among the 30 is already doing well is only a matter of time to hit the tournament

Persistence and patience are key to all work

:jd4:mateuspoker

A

Avvavva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I very much agree on playing heads-up games to practice. I find "League" on PPPoker very helpful at this. Great chance to practice heads-up strategy.

A

Avvavva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could not have said it better! Brilliant advice.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone

Other than spending money to hire a coach there are not many resources out there to help in a specific way. May I suggest on simple approach. If you are knocked out again in the late stages don't close out the tournament. Stay and watch. What are the big stacks doing? What are the smaller stacks doing? Always be aware of their position when they bet. When you see the hands at showdown do you detect tighter ranges than you expected? Or looser ranges?

Playing when approaching the final table usually finds one at shortened tables where the players open their ranges to reflect the smaller number of players at the table. But the stage you speak about the tables are usually still full so the key is then is to figure out what is different at this stage than earlier in the tournament. 1) Hold'em favors players who know how and when to be aggressive so it stands to reason the late stages will have a much higher percentage of aggressive players. 2) Stack sizes at each table now vary widely in late stages and combined with aggression play an important role in the strategy adopted by the better players.

So stay and watch...better yet find a similar tournament on the go that has reached the later stage and watch a couple of tables. One thing is certain...you will need to change your playing strategy in the late changes in order to reach the final table. Watch the mid stacks and big stacks and think about how they played their position. If you start seeing a pattern you're on the way to finding a plan that works for you. Good luck.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I try to play a little more aggressive and loose, always depending on the information I have from my opponents and how is my game, sometimes I also try to play as safe as I can, so as not to lose my chips so easily and get a better result

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone

the beast strategy is to have chips when u get there,a lot of them...:)...and don t lose them in one hand

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Control your heart rate, control your breathing

We all act somewhat erratically when under pressure. Rapid heart rate and rapid breathing put our bodies under great stress which results in poorer performance. Take deep breaths .. 4 seconds in and 4 seconds out.