HOW TO::Play the Shove All-in when everyone does it??

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,
This is a bit interesting, It is so hard to play a hand especially if your holding the top of the top But what do you do ,when if you had a chance to watch a few players and there is no 2, or 3 or 4X open raises ,,,ONLY ALL-IN SHOVES ????
Does the buy-in affect your decision
, AHHH now what do I do ?? watch and call with my stack?? Hmmmm ,i surely don't want to exit when i just started, more so when we all have a 5K starting stack !!!!!!

i have recently played where in the first hour all the plays , didnt matter who , everyone decided they were putting in all the chips not playing there cards, hoping for that win

My opinion is not to get caught up in the shove all aggression, We need to carefully watch while the blinds are low and fold even when holding say JJ QQ,AK,KK

SEEING each hand played from ur opponents will soon give you a idea of if they are shoving any 2 or just lucky with A or K hi, and then you are able to play knowing that

Have you ever been sat at a table where this has happened???
What do or have you done to react to these situations ???
Do you just fall in with them and go with the flow and fingers crossed hoping to win?? or do you wait !!
Let's see what CC'ers do in these situations, will be Interesting to see what you would do and how

Last edited:
akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I feel like it was a freeroll or a micro limit tournament otherwise I can't justify that way o playing. I play on pokerstars some hypers but I never faced the same situation.
Was it also a hyper or a turbo?I am full of questions here sorry haha. Maybe a satellite I really don't know.

I wait until I have an idea of what they are shoving with and if I can play heads up against a single aggressive player I adjust my calling range.I have cought many aggressors that way and other times i got eliminated , that's how it works our favorite card game.Some other times I save my chips and if the madness continues I push / call with the very top of my range AKs?QQ? KK+.

In a regular tournament with a decent buy in a regular player will never cold shove his entire stack for 75bbs-100bbs. He will 3 bet or 4 bet but nobody risks that easy on a flip his buy in even with AA.That's why I asked you in the first paragraph.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dear captain, I recently had a similar situation. It was a bounty builder tournament on PS where players generally like to open wider, shove and call shoves wider. However, after several levels only one player was left at the table and he was shoving every hand pre flop. Literally, every hand!
When he got called, he was showing QT, 89 and similar hands. He was 3 seats left of me (when he was UTG, I was on the BU). I just waited to see any A in my hand and call him.
So he shoved, everyone folded to me, I called with A5, he shows 52 and I have him covered. Smile on my face, A high flop, and then 3 on the turn and naturally 4 on the river.
I was furious, couldn't believe it, and then things got worse seeing him continue playing like that and eventually making a big stack that placed him in the top 10 at that moment, where as I was left with 20BB.
Regardless, I don't mind my play, and would do it again. I had a dead read, played accordingly. I suggest the same to everyone, wait for enough showdowns from such bad players to be certain they don't have it, then wait for a good spot and call them down.

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even if you like your hand dont do it cause if 3 players go all in only one wins and then your mad cause your out

C

chubby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The shove

Well personally I think if you are dealt QQ KK AA even with 3 players the value and potential teiple up gain is worth pushing all in yourself. You like get someone with Ace high ( hopefully not AK) and chances of underpairs , so the odds are still too good not to go for it for me.
Of course if you are on the bubble very close to be in the money, you could opt to play with less agression :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are 500 bbs deep effective the only hand you should call multiple allins with is AA.

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I face this situation every time I play in a freeroll or micro tournament and I just wait till I get JJ or better. Sometimes I call on AK or AQ and I always get beat.