How to play against very aggressive players?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Every poker player needs to be able to play against aggressive players. When faced with such an opponent, proceed as follows:
if you have a weak hand, fold, otherwise you risk losing your bet;
medium hand - answer a raise with a raise, according to the reaction of the opponent, you will understand whether he is bluffing or has a strong hand. If the opponent calls, it is better to refuse further struggle;
strong hand - call your opponent's raise, so you mislead him and force him to raise.
When faced with a poker player who prefers to play aggressively, do not lose your cool. Think carefully about your every step and try not to make mistakes. Only then can you win.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think trapping them is good . like ....let them bet into your set and reraise them on the turn

in general you want to play tight against such players . unless you have a good read on them and you see that they will strongly bet and raise / reraise without having much of a hand . in that case i personally often push all in with even a middle pair because i know i will most likely be ahead lol

skrtel348

skrtel348

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DZ
Chips
it depends on the buy-in amount. If it's expensive, wait for a mistake from him.
But if you have a favorable budget, don't be afraid to confront him and respond to his provocations

sandlax

sandlax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont play AA slow go all in, is better to steal blinds to be crack by them

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patient and wait, check as much as you can, he will eventually hang himself.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against very aggressive players I usually play very tight. Perhaps there is a better tactic.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say playing more aggressively is a good way to counter their play specially when you think they are playing much more hands than average. Try shoving against them.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exploitation of aggressive players is a very interesting topic. Especially in the early stages of the tournament. Many players become aggressive in order to increase their stack, because many tournaments provide rebuy and re-entry. This is a chance for exploitation. It remains only to find the right approach.