How to play against agressive players?

Vadim Kudimov

Vadim Kudimov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and yet it seems to me that the best strategy is not just to lose a stack and play tight. but much depends on the number of participants and distribution. If opponents 1-2 and you know that before you maniac, then alyn with stedney hand at a distance will yield positive results

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are two approaches that I tend to use to combat players who are aggressive overall--bullfighting, where I wait till I have something really good and let them bet into me, and fighting fire with fire, where I raise them instead of calling them. At low levels, I've found the second technique more commonly works because of either the aggro player "giving up" as someone else said or the tendency of some players, even aggro ones, to want to trap after the flop and so postflop bets into me aren't that common.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight, included in the game to give the enemy freedom of action - even if it puts us profitable

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
replay htayo plow

I Had that situaiton,you must be patient fold to any raised,and you will have one hand with monster hand,+ and you can double up against that player,just calm and wait your hand....

IrinaNicole

IrinaNicole

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suck out!

I have this problem all the time, as I don't play many hands, I have often this problem when the button or the sb want to make some easy chips from me and i have to say they do that very often.
I haven't found a good strategy against them, in the last tourney I played I was in bb and the sb shoved, I had 7 BB left and called with A9 suited, he had A2 and hit a deuce, even when I am ahead they get lucky most of the time.
How do you guys play your BB?

S

skidra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it should be easy

maybe make an agressive backfire?

edgaxs

edgaxs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold low hands, go in to flop with strong ones.

fearfizz

fearfizz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just dont show them you have weak hand,not by allin play smart and carefull.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well it depends on how aggresive the style of villain is. against loose aggresive players you should play a tight aggresive game, re raising with strong hands or shoving all in when you have a short stack, however against loose passive players who get involved in almost any pot and dont tend to fold their hands post flop you should try to just call their preflop raises and then wait to hit a good flop to make a big raise or make a check raise to stacked these players.

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Their main problem in that, if they were aggressive to flop, they must be such and after . If a good hand called you you much them will get . But it is not necessary to forget, it always is )) lucky on ps large stacks.

legudus

legudus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the level of the tournament, the blinds , etc ... But I like to play against these players making value bets. Not worth bluffing . And when you have a value hand, let them bet high and you will profit.

R

revenoff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dunno if it's talked about much here, but i recently discovered twitch.tv has a poker section where some awesome players stream their games which often include last few tables in huge tournaments. they talk constantly about the hand and their decisions, something you never really get to see when watching things like wsop.

it's been really valuable for learning about things like how to deal with big stack aggression late in the tourny

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have a hud, you may be able to figure out their range and then just opportunistically 3bet them

Y

YorgDC

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dunno if it's talked about much here, but i recently discovered twitch.tv has a poker section where some awesome players stream their games which often include last few tables in huge tournaments. they talk constantly about the hand and their decisions, something you never really get to see when watching things like wsop.

it's been really valuable for learning about things like how to deal with big stack aggression late in the tourny

Thanks! Gonna check it out

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats the advantage of having a big stack. There is nothing you can do about is. But you can do the same if you're the big stack

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When good cards come be aggresive to, and make profit!

bprpm

bprpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already posted my opnion but this week I found some words who resumes the all thing:

"When are weak bet strong, when u are strong bet weak," - André Coimbra Team online of portugal!

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they need not be afraid , and to catch them as their aggression

G

GUDskank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agression

Well u need to call more of preflop with good hands and dont raise when u make a good hand and kinda trap him

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
avoid play hands that u play against passive players, and when u r in the hand, play agressive, and dont let him put any pressure on you

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a bad hand it makes no sense to play. It is better to wait for good hands. Patience...

T

TheArnie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe my approach is wrong, but I sometimes simply become calling station and let them fire at me if I have anything decent, and re-raise on river.
Also, look for deviation from their usual action. I have noticed, that if, let's say someone cbets all the time, like 90% and they suddenly check, they might have flopped so hard that they try to lure you into a trap.

E

ElWino

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont get rushed or thrown into a corner, wait for the right suited connectors or pairs (KJs+) then make your move. I dont allow others to dictate my game, Stay focused and wait for the right time to make your move. If you miss you miss, but at least you kept your discipline...

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no wonder that u problems with aggres...Ill give a tip

U have very interesting question)The answer is
-play on SB and BB with 10s-As and AK,AQ
-learn more about bankroll management
-during playing be more attentive and try to read "maniaks"using 2 pre-points .
GooD LucK BuddY))):angel:

P

Playtext

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be tight aggressive, wait for the right time to call /shove.