How patient are you? (no hands at all)

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can do tournament play and literally fold everything and end up in the last 4. And then start playing.

But how many hands are you prepared to play before you think it's time to actually go and chat to family?

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the card doesn't go, I can be very patient, like a boa constrictor, I wait until the last card, sooner or later a good card will come, the main thing is to catch this moment, and it happens that you play the whole tournament, but there won't be a good card, which means today is not your day.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the hand doesn't come, I play aggressively. I do not expect luck, I find it myself.As they say you need to take the bull by the horns

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play micro so I just wait wait and wait, but when I have 10bb or less I play aggressively, try to take steal, jam spot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all about the experience, so initially when blinds are low I play most hands assuming no one goes all in. Later as blinds increase I'm more patient. Patience is not a strength of mine

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When everything is fine with my health and nothing distracts me. I can play one long tournament very patiently.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
Patience is a relative concept. Earlier I thought that patience is to wait for a strong hand and win. But a strong hand does not always bring profit. Now I think patience is to wait for the moment when you can take the pot on any card against a weak opponent
Best regards, Sergei

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, I cannot boast that I am always patient))) But if the tournament is very important for me, then with patience everything is in perfect order !!!

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can do tournament play and literally fold everything and end up in the last 4. And then start playing.

But how many hands are you prepared to play before you think it's time to actually go and chat to family?

How can you play no hands at all, and end up in the last 4? Blinds and antes would eat you alive. To get to final table you must double up several times.
You should be patient yes. But patiend like a tiger on a tree waiting for a gazelle, striking at every opportunity, not patiend like getting to final table patient, that won't work, no sirrey.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And yes, im extremely patient. The key is that i do some stuff along with the poker. Play chess, watch youtube or whatever. But when im getting involved, i switch my whole attention at table.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am very patient while I am playing video games. I just wait for premium hands to come and I will play it. That is all.

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you play no hands at all, and end up in the last 4? Blinds and antes would eat you alive. To get to final table you must double up several times.
You should be patient yes. But patiend like a tiger on a tree waiting for a gazelle, striking at every opportunity, not patiend like getting to final table patient, that won't work, no sirrey.

Because we start with 9 and people go all-in immediately in most games. That throws 2 out straight away, so down to 7.

Quick play and before you know it, you're down to 4. The first round of the blinds is generally low so if my hands are so bad, I'll check and fold.

I'm then around the last 4-5.

This is when I have no luck at all. I finish in the money (top 3) 95% of the time.

But if I don't get hands, I'll call things I shouldn't - hence the OP.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh, so you mean sit'n'go toutnaments, i see. Well in mtt that certainly does not work.
Because we start with 9 and people go all-in immediately in most games. That throws 2 out straight away, so down to 7.

Quick play and before you know it, you're down to 4. The first round of the blinds is generally low so if my hands are so bad, I'll check and fold.

I'm then around the last 4-5.

This is when I have no luck at all. I finish in the money (top 3) 95% of the time.

But if I don't get hands, I'll call things I shouldn't - hence the OP.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't stand it for a long time, but this is my drawback in the game.I can't concentrate, I make a lot of mistakes.But I don't think it's my family's fault).In fact, I even play cards with my family sometimes.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

In my case, I analyze the number of hours.
After 8 hours in front of the screen I feel overwhelmed.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I learned to be much more patient with trash hands before I despaired and opened and opened to see if I tied something but now I am a little more patient to only play the correct hands

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also be patient The player also needs to be patient. Being aggressive does not mean playing in every round, especially if you have a bad hand. This can quickly reduce your chips, making you out of the game faster. This is the most basic poker tip. The player needs to fold a few rounds at times. At first, this can be frustrating, but a little patience can keep you high for several rounds, entering the game at exactly the right time to win. It is worth remembering that, based simply on the law of probabilities, most rounds (hands) will be lost. If your cards are not good, strong, the best move for you is to fold and preserve your chips within your poker strategies. Take advantage of this time to get to know each of your opponents' strategies and coldly analyze their moves. In short, be patient and wait for a round that is in your favor, then show aggression and win that hand.
:deal::eek::D

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on whether we are talking about online poker or live poker ... I think that with online poker you can always chat with the family, it doesn't matter how far I am or how many chips I have

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me it depends on if I am tired or not and if I feel good with my game, many times I can become so patient that I play few hands, in the hands that I play I win and I reach the final table or at least I go far in the tournament, otherwise like today, I played a tournament in the cardschat home game and I was so tired that I was literally eliminated at the beginning of the tournament because I was not 100% concentrated

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find I get bored if I’m not getting cards to play and then start watching tv and not really paying attention to the game. I get blinded down so much, I’m really just waiting for a hand to shove so not really caring how others are playing at this point. And of course when you finally get your AA, you end up losing anyways. Lol

F

Fida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, I guess. When there's not much at stake, I play almost every cards I am dealt. When the stakes are higher, I can be very patient.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh, so you mean sit'n'go toutnaments, i see. Well in mtt that certainly does not work.

I completely agree with you . Of course it doesn't work. You should play poker, not sit around . Yes, on a strong map, you can easily be outsmarted .Therefore, you need to look carefully at the table and look for your moments . There is always a moment where you can take a pot or a pot without a card . In addition, you can play connectors and pocket pairs .There can be no such thing that would only wait for AA or AK -this is no longer a game but just sitting around without any sense and playing so they will not learn anything .:jd4::jd4:

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can be very patient. I play online almost exclusively. A few years ago, I used to play in a free league where I live and one night I was playing and I folded every hand that night. I even folded my big blinds to raises or after the flop. I ended up making the top 20 in that tournament, other players were amazed that I lasted that long. I think that changed my image at the tables from then on.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the interest I have in the tournament I am playing, I can have the patience of a sniper and wait for hours if the tournament allows me until luck turns in my favor. Or just simply go out to find the results, all or nothing if the tournament is not very compromising for my wallet

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands