How Many of you Never deposited and turned free roll $ into a lot?

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freerolls, great entertainment. When you play 10 tourneys and finish in the money 1 time. Cool getting a good feel. Then you get to where you are confident, your game is getting solid. Next step you consistently make the money and now you final table 1 out of 10 money finishes. Man you are just about there. And then you final table regularly and you find that out of every 10 final tables you are winning outright 1 time you are going to be ready.

I have used online PKR to pay for a lot of computer equipment. But it is time consuming. Since I started playing again (10 year break since black Friday) in October the roll among various sites is up around 180. Hand full of CC final tables but no wins yet. 3 roll wins on one site. Big difference from CC to those open rolls. There are some real players here.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bravo.. were you buying in any tourneys or just playing freerolls, at the begining?
At the very beginning just freerolls. Then when I started playing the micros and was on a downwards swing I'd drop back to freerolls only. You can see me on sharkscope if you are interested in my path (Redrydinhood) and I play on ACR. I have a little more in my account than sharkscope says cause I have extra money from cardschat tourneys I've cashed in that ss doesn't record, plus I have earned rakeback. Make sure you sign up for the best rakeback on the site you play on, once you move out of the freerolls. GL!!!

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the very beginning just freerolls. Then when I started playing the micros and was on a downwards swing I'd drop back to freerolls only. You can see me on sharkscope if you are interested in my path (Redrydinhood) and I play on ACR. I have a little more in my account than sharkscope says cause I have extra money from cardschat tourneys I've cashed in that ss doesn't record, plus I have earned rakeback. Make sure you sign up for the best rakeback on the site you play on, once you move out of the freerolls. GL!!!
Nice upward looking graph, you barely went on a downswing, thanks for sharing. I'll see if I can do that at rakeback sites, usually see the offers for new accounts. Keep chugging, inspirational for freeroll grinders, you definitely practice BRM unlike some people ;]

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I made a deposit 2 times for 5 dollars. Sometimes I managed to reach 150 dollars, but I withdrew them. So I play, I don’t make deposits. If I manage to win something, then it’s good. If I lose, then I play freerolls.

Never deposited, playing for a year and a half, got from 0 to 500, broke until 10, and am still playing everyday, with more that 500,000 hands played just at PS.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I made a deposit many times, but I didn't win anything from this, but I manage to win from freerolls))

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm slowly approaching 1k on one site, mostly playing free roll tournaments 1-2 times a week. With slightly better final table luck I could have just as easily been around 5k for the same time period.

The problem with freeroll tournaments is that large fields are high variance and often there just aren't that many tournaments.