How Many of you Never deposited and turned free roll $ into a lot?

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm really interested in some stories about going from freeroll to something to get inspired

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many many people on this site have done that.
I had balances on over a dozen sites back in the day, not one deposit, broke 1k on a couple sites
It’s tougher nowadays, less freerolls and better players, but still doable.
I’ve done 0-$100+ 5 times on 888 last year, and would have probably been at 1k now if not for my terrible bankroll management and SNAP addiction (I’m not so good at cash tables)
Good luck
But I’d also advise a small deposit when you’re serious, grinding freerolls takes a lot

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Been there and done that. Not easy to be honest but its can and been done. Don't really recommend it thought. A lot of time i spend doing it this way.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i'm really interested in some stories about going from freeroll to something to get inspired

I've done it a couple of times on Stars $0 - $200 about 6 years ago and last year $0 - $400.

On 888 I have never deposited and have $45.

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of years ago, I was able to make $0 to $50 on pokerstars, but there were a lot of good freerolls back then.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Possible - difficult though, you will need to win key flips several times - its also less pay-off than grinding micros

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a deposit 2 times for 5 dollars. Sometimes I managed to reach 150 dollars, but I withdrew them. So I play, I don’t make deposits. If I manage to win something, then it’s good. If I lose, then I play freerolls.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 2020, I was able to win up to $100 in freerolls from scratch without investments.

A

Arkaine88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Did it back in 2013 on PokerStars when there were alot of freerolls worth playing! :)

Cardschat is one of the few remaining providers nowadays. Also unibet & ACR have a lot of freerolls.

Anyhow... I've tried building bankroll out this weekend (18/02) after a 10y break and already made a 79$ out of freerolls. (had 1 nice run on a 1K gtd).

B

Boo02

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

A few years ago it was much easier to do this. And I did it :) I never deposit my own money. I won about 350$ at partypoker in MTT's for new players. They guaranteed about 5000 every month... Few people, nice prize for top3.

At this moment I dont see such a promotions, but I'm not looking for them either.

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes so much time,but it possible of course

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many times have you not made a deposit?

A very ridiculous question but a person who has made an unsinkable online poker bankroll is Fantastic!!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not everyone is ready to risk real money at the very beginning of the journey. So you too can try to get your first money from the freerolls until you hit your first bumps. In addition, some rooms offer no deposit bonuses where you can get free money for creating an account. Freerolls are a great risk-free way to build your bankroll. Most online poker rooms offer some sort of daily or weekly free entry tournaments. Usually they require a deposit with real money, but some do not require any deposit at all.But here it is worth noting that the prize money in the freerolls is quite weak, and you may have to spend a lot of time to build up a more or less tangible bankroll. Also, there are usually quite a few players in the game, so it's really not going to be easy for you to hit the money all the time. But hey, it's free! Of course, freerolls and MTT tournaments in general are quite time consuming, so it would be best to play cash games at the micro limits. But if you're a beginner and you're not entirely comfortable losing your hard-earned money, you can try freerolls for a while.

K

kankurokills

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
off a 20$ deposit not quite freeroll. but the overall return was quite nice. this was the final hand in my series till i withdrew it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (36).jpg
    Screenshot (36).jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 26
rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you join the platinium freeroll club and play the freerolls frequently you can build a good bankroll without having to deposit any money. also 888 has many good freerolls nowadays however you will have to make at least one small deposit, nevertheless the reward is worth it because there are 3 1k freerolls every day, one 10 k a week and a 100k freeroll a month and many other freerolls as well, so you can build a bankroll starting with freerolls.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Years ago, after winning tickets to see a live event, via pokerstars freeroll, I realized I probably could not make it. Never thought I would actually win. 2000 player freeroll. So Instead of spoiling those tickets, I contacted PS to ask if they could donate those tickets to a good cause. PS did exactly that, and then proceeded to send me a large hockey bag full of PS merchandise, including a PS official jersey. Must of been 15 items in there that are really nice to have. I still use many of those items, today. Scarfs, tuques, hats, t-shirts, official PS playing cards. You can apply a dollar value, I guess. The fact that my time invested in that tourney, still provides me value today, makes it worth a lot more that the dollar value.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came from afar and turned once to $100 and again to $65

BlindThieve420

BlindThieve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a decent bankroll off of freerolls, before black friday.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've done it once at the PokerStars $0-$50, and twice at the 888 just $0-$30 when I'd withdraw and once again $0-$50 and keep trying.

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Back in 2016 on PokerStars i make from freerolls around 200 dollars, it took long time 3 months maybe!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never deposited and have around $2300 in my ACR account, working my way from freerolls to micros and some low buy in tourneys. Cardschat have the best freerolls and $ added tourneys! It's taken me a long time so it's probably not ideal, but I'm committed to developing my game, being a winning player and hopefully moving up the stakes. GL!

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i've done this a few times,all it takes is 2 scores, for e.g win or top 3 a cardschat daily, put it on another 'low' stakes tournament. easy as that

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never deposited and have around $2300 in my ACR account, working my way from freerolls to micros and some low buy in tourneys. Cardschat have the best freerolls and $ added tourneys! It's taken me a long time so it's probably not ideal, but I'm committed to developing my game, being a winning player and hopefully moving up the stakes. GL!
bravo.. were you buying in any tourneys or just playing freerolls, at the begining?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you join the platinium freeroll club and play the freerolls frequently you can build a good bankroll without having to deposit any money. also 888 has many good freerolls nowadays however you will have to make at least one small deposit, nevertheless the reward is worth it because there are 3 1k freerolls every day, one 10 k a week and a 100k freeroll a month and many other freerolls as well, so you can build a bankroll starting with freerolls.
the sucky part is that 888 doesn't accept crypto for deposits right? thanks for the info anyhow

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several years ago I won a free entry in a freeroll that was $109 entry. The tournament was a $100,000 total payout. Anyway, I finished 7th for a payout of $3200. It was on a site that was going belly up.

With the help of Debi (the Administer here at CC.) I was able to get the cash out before they crashed. To Debi I'll always be grateful!