How many tournaments do you play and how many do you win ?

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot and win very few ,you have to have a lot of luck and run good to even make it to the final table

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a lot !

In a day I play lot of tournaments especially free roll like High Roller Club you start with 1000 -chips and only 5- seats available 3000 players ! Maybe 12 to 15 and today perfect day for that snow storm 🌨 🍷👍😎!

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tournament

Define win.. I play alot of tournaments and see atleast the final 2 tables in 40% of them. Rarely do I not make the money bubble. Although 1st place has been pretty illusive here in the recent. Did get 2nd in a Omaha tourney couple weeks ago. :cool:

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I do about 5 freerolls a day (non-forum freerolls) never won one. highest position is 47th

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Know what you mean!

I play a lot and win very few ,you have to have a lot of luck and run good to even make it to the final table
I know what you mean you just have to play one bad hand and your in deep trouble in a tournament you have to check tournament average and if your bellow average late in the tournament your in deep problem!😫

D

DollarDonJon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the insight. This lets me know that I am not alone in my struggles as it relates to tourney play. You describe what happens to everyone who plays. Play tight and be aggressive when you get the cards. Just remember to win the hands you play, not all the hands.

T

THGE10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I played many freerolls and won just one, but I reached ITM in many tournaments.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, since I returned to poker about 3 month ago, I haven't won any tournaments, aside from spin-and-goes.

G

Genep66

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play 4-10 a day. I usually stay even most days. I’ve been fortunate to be playing on my initial deposit.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont think i won one, always on loosing team

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I do not play many but I came close several times but never won a MTT. But I hope to change this in the future :)

R

Roscoelucy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's a hard question because I played in so many I can't count but over half of them I really wasn't paying attention when I was doing it because I also play just a Pastime even though it cost money I have one probably I'd say about maybe 15 tournaments in my whole life and I've been playing since 2000 maybe at pokerstars and I just found them unless you're really really good you're not going to win a bunch of tournaments but you're going to win one every now and then even a blind donkey gets a carrot every now and then but I'm not mad I do okay my stats are terrible but it has no indication of whether I'm good or not

R

Roscoelucy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as a matter of fact I think I want to at BetOnline just this month 65 Center and two $20 one but they had six players and I'm so that's pretty good

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many, and not enough.

Example: Cards Chat ACR freeroll a few nights ago. Got to heads up despite never leading the tournament, but suddenly I have a 2:1 chip lead. Opponent shoves all-in, I call with A6o, he had J9o. Flop J9x. Now the roles are reversed, he has 2:1 chip lead, and once again I pick up A6o so I shove and he snap calls with T9, flop ten and its over. Get it in good 2 hands in a row and lose both of them.

Can't complain tho, don't get me wrong - I'm glad these two hands occurred at the very end. If they occur earlier I probably end up in 8th place for a smaller prize... but its still painful and makes me always wonder how ANYBODY ever wins in this game over the long run?

(Edit: Correct answer is that most do not win over the long run, most of us are losers LOL)

Last edited:
julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
torneos jugados

hello. I play almost every day. I play some cash tournaments. and I also play 3 or 4 daily MTT tournaments between 1.1 2.2 and 3.3

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None so far, I started playing again in January of this year and I'm playing against some really bad players that you can't bluff and will call you down with any nonsensical hand in any form of poker. Frustrating to have the blinds come around and have the calling station call you down with 65 or 43 or some silly hand to take out something like QJ+ in desperation mode in a tourn.

LOL This should be in the vent section, lol.

It takes time and things to go right for you to win a tourn. And you really shouldn't be concerned about winning one but doing the best you can and learning the game and player's tendencies. That stuff with having to win a tourn or place in the top 3 is nonsense as far as I'm concerned. You should focus on going as deep as you can in every tourn that's suitable for you to play and try to cash on a consistent basis and not try for some one hit maybe someday win that if you looked over the hand history of a tourn couldn't explain your moves.

Last edited:
edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls at 888, and I place in the money about 25% of the time, roughly..

D

Dyingbreed13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't be concerned with only ITM%, you need to be making final tables and finishing higher up in the tourneys if you want to be a successful player. Trying to only not lose your buy in will not get you very far

Ok so how do you make the final table or top 3 places?

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good question but I have no idea how many tournaments I have played and if I win only a few pairs it is very difficult to win tournaments since the number of players is too much in free tournaments and in tournaments with few players the level is very high :eek:

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play as many as possible on line and have won just one, I think. In the past 4 months I have finished at the final table 3 or 4 times, so I guess I am improving.

C

Cute Octopussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments

Now I have a break from tournaments and poker at all, because I was afraid of great tilt. I tried to play 3-4 tournaments a week, some weeks I played tournaments every day. It was quite difficult to play for 4-5 hours but when you get money it was very exciting. I lost more than I win. Sometimes I was my fault, for example, my bluff wasn’t as good as I expected or I didn’t notice how my opponent’s gameplay changed. But sometimes it was very destructive cooler. I had AA and go all-in on preflop and lose against, I don’t exactly remember, maybe it was 9h10d. After this I stopped playing for some days.
I also had a mistake. If lost the tournament very fast i should go to another one
That’s my little story:)

BlindThieve420

BlindThieve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm back playing poker, just running freerolls and micro sitngos for now. I cash unless I get donked most times.

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually just checked it, total 1300 tournaments and 14% win. But don’t know for how long ��

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't play much. Mostly freerolls. I rarely win. Sometimes you even manage to get to the final table, you get about 20% of the prizes. But as soon as I play for money I lose everything in a row, I can’t cope with tilt. I try to work on psychology, then I will work on the game.