How many tournaments do you play and how many do you win ?

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play cash, and some $50 spin go tournaments and freeroll tournaments the freeroll tournaments are in my opinion a lot harder than the others

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play freerolls often, as I have money, I also play for money

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I only play MTTs first of all

I play as many as possible but my brain can only handle about six to ten at a time

I would say I cash around 15-30% and straight up win one in a thousand or so based on my poker tracker stats

Maybe you can play 6 to 10 tables if you are on autopilot, I can't do it to avoid mistakes.

Up to 4 tables is maximum for me in MTTS.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the day. If you're having a good day you can extract a lot, if you're not, it's not even good to play. Undestand

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't put in a lot of mtt volume. I reset my stats on betonline ~450 days ago, but have only played an mtt in 175/450 days for a total of 487 games played. Or ~2.8 mtts a day for 175/450 days. So, yeah, not a lot of poker.

This is why I focus on quality over quantity with mtts as I know I can't exactly grind them out to get over variance. Some downswings can take me weeks to get over because of my low volume. So, it's important to focus on mtts I know I do well in.

I talk about it a bit more in this thread.

To get an idea of how often a break-even player should win an mtt, do the following:
  • [1/number of players] * [number of mtts]
In this case, I'll use my stats:
  • [1/282] * [487]
  • [.0035] * [487]
So, a break even player should have 1-2 mtt wins with this field size. Of course, if you are a better player than majority of the field you can expect better results. Its important to know the break-even rate for final tables as well as you can't win if you can't make a final table. So, if you have no wins but a higher rate of final tables than a break-even player, you might still be doing well.

My results are nothing great, but ok enough given how infrequently I play mtts and my average field size. It's a lot easier to win mtts in smaller fields than it is in bigger fields.
  • 487 mtts
  • 282 avg field size
  • $1.10 avg mtt buy-in
  • $354 in profits
  • 27% itm
  • 41% roi
  • 46 final tables
  • 11 mtt wins

Last edited:
Scshred

Scshred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I win some and I lose some it seems to sway with my focus.. really hurts when I 0 put my bankroll until I reup on finds again lol

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play two a night. I am ITM about one third or maybe a little more about 40%. I have actually won maybe 5 over the last two years.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play up to 8 tournaments a day and win 50% of the time.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2-3 tournaments a day, because if you play 5-6 tournaments all day, then fatigue comes and you will definitely make mistakes, so you only need to choose significant tournaments, where the prize pool is larger, and sit on your computer all day- it is harmful to the eyes.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my case is the following, I play few tournaments a week, but in the end I always come out positive, my biggest game is cash and there I spend hours playing, my balance in the tournaments I could say that I play 5 tournaments a week, a month about 20 tournaments, I always play tournaments of 1 to 2 dollars, and last month I could accumulate almost 410 dollars because I hit two big tournaments. are few tournaments I play a month because my biggest game in cash.

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More than 10 tournaments a day. Mostly freerolls. Difficult to make the money in m MTTs. Just a hobby.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
My ITM ranges from 21-33% to several poker rooms. When it comes to victories in some formats, I had a lot of victories, but on a larger field 30-50 games when I took the average

Pq6iZWU.png

Last edited:
daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have time to play, I like to play a couple a day. So overall, about 5-10 a week. However, actually WIN.... Not that often. I'd say actually 1st place outright wins, 1:50 unfortunately. That being said, ITM is 60-70% with FT only coming in about 10-15%. Not tracking seriously and numbers likely a bit higher if I did as I tried to be pretty conservative on these estimates. Not giving up client work to just play poker is all i'm sayin...

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's hard to say. After all, sometimes winning only one tournament can bring a monthly or annual profit. In order to track my progress, I focus on my bankroll. If it grows steadily, then everything is fine, everything is going according to my plan. :)

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play purely for fun, sometimes I open up to 8 tables:)

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played many tournaments,but there is not 1st place:(

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play 3-5 tournaments a night. I win very rarely. About 20-25% ITM.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. For more than two months now, I have been sorely lacking time to play. Therefore, I only have time to write a few messages in the chat, so as not to lose the level and occasionally play poker stars in a Saturday or Sunday tournament.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play mostly sit n gos so i dont have to spend hours in a tournament. i get in the $$ about half the time but I am only playing micro stakes

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play much in tournaments because I don't want and don't have much of my own money to play. I try to get them from the freeroll. So far, it is a rare case for me to get into the prize fund of the tournament.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won just only 1 ONLINE tournment but i get oftenly paid, rarely I`m outside the bubble, make a good strategy and you get the same result, to win you need to be high skilled and of course with some luck