How many tournaments do you play and how many do you win ?

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, how many tournaments do you play approximately to beat variance? For example, out of 10 you win 1 or 2 , or out of 100 you win 5-10 or more tournaments ? And what plus do you get ? It's interesting to look at the experience of real people for my motivation:deal:

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m a apprentice , i played a lot of tournaments , but i also play really well , i usually play about winning 5 of 10 , if you have enough discipline you will get won tournaments ,

D

danielllcapo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depend how many money you win

for example if you play 3 tournaments per day of 1$ buy in and you are itm and wun 4 $ is a good ROI.. GOOD LUCK

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
too many and not often enough :D

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, how many tournaments do you play approximately to beat variance? For example, out of 10 you win 1 or 2 , or out of 100 you win 5-10 or more tournaments ? And what plus do you get ? It's interesting to look at the experience of real people for my motivation:deal:

Win the tournament its rare for me, but I win some money... playing at GGpoker, I usualy play 5-6 tournaments per week $2-$3 buy in and make $100-$200.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not know, I have never counted how many tournaments I play before winning one, but I suppose I play many before that, I do not think you should focus on that, we all go through different moments and processes, focus more on improving your game, on recognizing the mistakes you make in tournaments and improve as much as you can

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I would like to help. (I am giving my strict opinion based on information I got from good sources that have helped my game).

Please when thinking of variance, also understand that the "variance" is something you can only measure(or experience) when you put on VOLUME on the games you play.

Think about the mtts you play and how many a week (if you have a poker schedule).

- Nr. of games per week/month/semester (depending on how you want to evaluate your results);
- Avg Buy-In;
- Avg number of players.

This understanding, will first give you the base to think about your ROI (Return on Investiment).

To consider what might be a good ROI, you first need to put down the numbers and analyze them. Be ready to play at least 500 mtts before you do that.

ROI = ( (profit) / (Investiment) ) * 100

where,

Profit = your winnings
Investiment =Buy-ins

*Try this site to play on the number of mtts and the possible Variance it might have in the games you are playing:

https://www.primedope.com/tournament-variance-calculator/

Many sites/players/info around will tell you that for micros, if you have a ROI around 20-30%, it would mean that you are doing very well in the field you are playing.

That number will vary based on the tournaments ABI and field size (the bigger, more expensive, the harder you will profit).

Take a look around, google a bit about ROI and bankroll management. I think, for those who are building a way of playing poker on a schedule, it is the most important thing to learn.

Now, if you don't have any poker database and also do not have many games I suggest to not think about these things until you have played a reasonable amount of games.

*(You will never be able to measure your poker history truthfully if you pick up only a small amount of games to check. I think, at least 30-100K hands to be able to start reviewing your game.)

*And again, be careful with some answers here in the forum in general. A lot of them answers are just to get the approval for the freerolls and might confuse you with some non-sense one liners.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
over the years I have played thousands of tournaments, on average, the profit is from 15 to 50 percent, it will be useful for you to study what ROI is, this is the most important indicator.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play much. I win little. There is no plus. Maybe you can do better.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think your question would be the ITM, not winning. Over 10k+ tourneys in the last 1+ years my ITM % is 22. I am okay with that, with the wins, I am not. But with the 22%+ ITM you hardly will be a loser one. Anything over 20% should be okay, even less - depends on your style -, if you target the FT from beginning, and don't mind, can handle the big swings - I can't, part of the reason why i win less than i should based on ITM%...

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I would like to help. (I am giving my strict opinion based on information I got from good sources that have helped my game).

Please when thinking of variance, also understand that the "variance" is something you can only measure(or experience) when you put on VOLUME on the games you play.

Think about the mtts you play and how many a week (if you have a poker schedule).

- Nr. of games per week/month/semester (depending on how you want to evaluate your results);
- Avg Buy-In;
- Avg number of players.

This understanding, will first give you the base to think about your ROI (Return on Investiment).

To consider what might be a good ROI, you first need to put down the numbers and analyze them. Be ready to play at least 500 mtts before you do that.

ROI = ( (profit) / (Investiment) ) * 100

where,

Profit = your winnings
Investiment =Buy-ins

*Try this site to play on the number of mtts and the possible Variance it might have in the games you are playing:

https://www.primedope.com/tournament-variance-calculator/

Many sites/players/info around will tell you that for micros, if you have a ROI around 20-30%, it would mean that you are doing very well in the field you are playing.

That number will vary based on the tournaments ABI and field size (the bigger, more expensive, the harder you will profit).

Take a look around, google a bit about ROI and Bankroll management. I think, for those who are building a way of playing poker on a schedule, it is the most important thing to learn.

Now, if you don't have any poker database and also do not have many games I suggest to not think about these things until you have played a reasonable amount of games.

*(You will never be able to measure your poker history truthfully if you pick up only a small amount of games to check. I think, at least 30-100K hands to be able to start reviewing your game.)

*And again, be careful with some answers here in the forum in general. A lot of them answers are just to get the approval for the freerolls and might confuse you with some non-sense one liners.

Thank you very much for your reply ! Yes, I think you are right, you need to take care of the schedule and a long distance of 500 tournaments ... and then I can get real statistics that will help me :jd4::):jd4:

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play 3-4 tournaments per evening

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Yes I agree with the previous poster, if you can get ITM around 20% + you are doing just fine.

My problem as with many other experienced players is to get deep enough to cash more than the minimum.
When you are playing the big fields with more than 10k players, its very difficult to get into the top 100, doesn't matter how good you are.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't be concerned with only ITM%, you need to be making final tables and finishing higher up in the tourneys if you want to be a successful player. Trying to only not lose your buy in will not get you very far

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m a apprentice , i played a lot of tournaments , but i also play really well , i usually play about winning 5 of 10 , if you have enough discipline you will get won tournaments ,
It depends, you have to take the variation in buy-ins into account if you do it that way.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

It is not easy to win first place in tournaments with more than 150 participants, but the good thing is that you try to reach the winning seats, with this strategy you will motivate yourself and you can try to win first place
Good luck to all

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have played many over the past 35+years some live and some online,i have won some but not nearly enough lol but i have always enjoyed the game and will continue to play.:) See you at the tables!

The Riff_Raff :cool:

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My maximum is 70 MTSNG's per day. And even with this amount, you are not guaranteed a good profit and possibly a loss. And so you can play for months without having a profit and wait for it to "shoot" with a good game and with a bad one, you can simply lose the entire bankroll.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Probably counting these things can drive me crazy so I don't do it :)
What I know is that ROI (return on investment) should be positive. sharkscope shows it if your stats isn't hidden.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only one win and 4 in the money out of my last 12 or 13:confused:

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At present, my current stats show i am cashing in 54% of freerolls and 43% of online MTTS/PKOS but this is an especially good purple patch i am going through over past 5 weeks.

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT LOVE

I only play MTTs first of all

I play as many as possible but my brain can only handle about six to ten at a time

I would say I cash around 15-30% and straight up win one in a thousand or so based on my poker tracker stats

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At present, my current stats show i am cashing in 54% of freerolls and 43% of online MTTS/PKOS but this is an especially good purple patch i am going through over past 5 weeks.
Solid numbers ..well done

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably counting these things can drive me crazy so I don't do it :)
What I know is that ROI (return on investment) should be positive. Sharkscope shows it if your stats isn't hidden.
At the end of the day that’s all that matters adding in hours played into that roi equation tho is what I do ..profitable is nice ..but per hour or day vs hours invested is a great way of seeing what is what

E

ezzolye

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a beginner

Well I didn't play enough to know my stats. How do you keep your records? Is there some free tools to do it?