How many times in an MTT the "river" demoralizes you and leaves you wanting to continue playing poker???

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello friends
Reading many posts I have seen that on many occasions in which I include myself, many colleagues who generally play online poker complain about the "river".
That street, cursed for some and blessed for others, usually gives a lot of headaches.
Even many players express themselves and say that the "river" takes away the desire to continue playing poker.
Is this really so??? Or is it just a way of commenting on our anger when "the river" played a trick on us and left us out of a tournament???
What if I think the "river" is inevitable. In many tournament situations we must face him, and in many cases only luck can practically help you when the outs do not benefit you at all.
I put here a hand of the EPT Barcelona 2022 of so many hands in which this situation happens in which the "river" plays against the player who has the upper hand.
I await your response and if I am wrong, express how you see this situation.
Greetings to all!!! Carlos:geek::geek::geek:

Hand of, Kovalski vs Sow in decisive positions of the EPT Barcelona 2022 tournament

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These are very unpleasant situations!

Not only on the river, sometimes at a showdown the surprise can come on the turn! haha
But back to the subject... the river besides being the 'last card', usually brings us unpleasant surprises
(sometimes good, in my case unfortunately it's not usually a positive thing)

How many times?
I believe that many... In the last tournaments that I performed well, there were 2 or 3 situations where I lost all-in losing on the river, but they went to smaller stacks so they allowed me to get around the situation.

The truth is that in addition to preparing properly, we must also count on luck!
Some say that there is no luck, but competence... I disagree!

But I believe that the role of a good player is also to control the spots with the highest variance. But there are situations that I believe are inevitable...

I tend to follow poker in the world almost every day, and unfortunately it's common. There should be a rule against losing on the river! lol

Greetings!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
These are very unpleasant situations!

Not only on the river, sometimes at a showdown the surprise can come on the turn! haha
But back to the subject... the river besides being the 'last card', usually brings us unpleasant surprises
(sometimes good, in my case unfortunately it's not usually a positive thing)

How many times?
I believe that many... In the last tournaments that I performed well, there were 2 or 3 situations where I lost all-in losing on the river, but they went to smaller stacks so they allowed me to get around the situation.

The truth is that in addition to preparing properly, we must also count on luck!
Some say that there is no luck, but competence... I disagree!

But I believe that the role of a good player is also to control the spots with the highest variance. But there are situations that I believe are inevitable...

I tend to follow poker in the world almost every day, and unfortunately it's common. There should be a rule against losing on the river! lol

Greetings!
Hello brother
hahaha totally agree with you.
This damn tiver is inevitable, there should be only the 5 draw that there is no river hahaha
Hugs ;););)