How many "Rebuys" would you make in an online tournament before giving up?

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My max rebuy is usually 3.
But i rarely do more than one.
I like to go the one and done route but coolers and bad beats happen. When it does i may do a rebuy or two

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, rebuys are not allowed. After all, this is beyond the scope of my bankroll management.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I Don't spend over 50% of what I can win. But most of the time 3 rebuys and 1 add on if it's available Is all I'm willing to spend on one tournament. Depending on the tournament of course.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually do rebuys, only in big tournaments with a high prize pool and low buy-in I can do one or two.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Depends entirely on the tournament I'm playing but generally I don't rebuy. But there are always exceptions where I try it maybe 1 or 2 times, but it depends on how far I'm in the tournament and how much I like playing the tournament. Generally if I lose all my chips then I leave the tournament because then I just wasn't good enough and it doesn't help me if I do several rebuys

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Zero. Because by the time I get busted, the initial amount of chips I'd receive again would be pitiful and chances are very high I would just double down on my first failure. The perfect recipe for a ruined day, if you ask me.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never re-enter. There's always another tournament later or tomorrow or next week.

Right or wrong, I just don't ever want to throw good money at bad results. If my first attempt doesn't go the way I want it to, I can deal with that - it's just poker... but if I drop 2 or 3 or more buy-ins and bust them all, I'll likely feel a bit depressed even tho that's a terrible approach to the game. But I know my own psychology and this is my solution to it. I take my one shot, and it either works out or it doesn't. Either way, I'll be right back at it the next time, and my bankroll will still be intact. :)

Jardel Barros

Jardel Barros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on Buy in

Depending on the value of the Buyin I do it up to 3 times.:)

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not more than one !

Ideally don’t like any at all unless it’s the start of the tournament I might do one re -buy if it’s a low amount! If it’s late in the tournament I don’t re-buy blinds are to high and just a call would take all your chips!

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends how deep you have gotten. Too early is just like giving money away.

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't usually make rebuy. But I can make exception if I get knocked out at the beginning of a tournament.

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not worth it

Personally, I never rebuy in a tourney

You have no better chance to win on a rebuy
than you have at the beginning of the game

and you are still going to be up against the larger stacks

Occasionally the cards may turn in your favor,
but usually, if you haven't been able
to build your stack through skill and/or luck in a particular tourney,
then a rebuy is not going to give you any great advantage

why throw more money into the pot trying to "catch up"

I would rather save my money for another game

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you are right I am also not buying any rebuy because of that.There was option for rebuy in one site which I use but if I rebuy I would get 6000 chips but average amount of chips per player is about 10000 chips so that is not making sense when I am playing turbo tournament even in other type of tournaments.

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The question is a bit wrong put. I think one should judge by readind the tournament overall play before rebuying. If the average stack is almost double or more than your starting stack and the tournament is at the begining i would definetly call it a day. I remeber one day i was playing a big tournament and made a rebuy.I never made it far.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My answer is 0. If I can't make it on one entry fee, I refuse to throw any more money into it.
The same with "add-ons".

I will only do it, if getting into the money will show me a profit. and I've got to be very close to that point.

I'm even considering discontinuing entering bounty tournaments of poker stars. If you don't make a bounty, but barely get into the money, you don't make your buy-in back.

G

Genep66

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
0 rebuys. If I lose my chip stack then it usually means that I’m not getting the cards or not playing well

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I usually don't rebuy, I've only rebuyed 1 or 2 times, but I don't like to rebuy, I think it will depend on how that person's game is, for example if you don't get anything right during the whole tournament I don't see the need for you to invest But in a tournament where nothing is going well, also if the tournament is quite advanced and the blinds are very high, I don't see the need to risk either.