Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Friends, I would like your opinion on this.
You are playing in a tournament and have hit some interesting hands. So he built a big stack. What strategy do you use to manage this stack?
- Do you play tight?
- Extend the range further?
- Do you pay to see the flush more often?
Anyway, in your opinion, what is the best strategy in this situation?

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient and careful. Use only 1/50 of bullets for 1 table.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
press a lot with bets since they are going to fold a lot, do not go crazy paying many bets, I have seen that many with large stacks tend to call allins more often regardless of whether it is bounty or not and they do it with hands that surely they, being short, are not They go all in and that is the point, you must continue to take into account the strength of the hand, position and be very intelligent to stay and not play crazy:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
If there are a lot of tight players at the table, then I prefer to press with bets from late position, and so I play as usual on the hand
Best regards, Sergei

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
big stack

I think with a big stack you need to expand the range, but of course it should be in moderation! No need to pay every hand!

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Building up a big stack early on and continuing to lay on the gas pedal has long been my big "secret" to winning more poker tournaments.

And if you ask most other tournament pros, they will tell you the same. This is because it allows you to lean on all the scared money players over and over again and build up an insurmountable lead.

By the time they finally wake up with their pocket AA or KK you have stolen so many chips from them that it doesn't even matter.

So you do this by raising and re-raising with lots of hands preflop, especially in late position, and targeting the medium sized stacks in particular.

The medium sized stacks are gonna be playing scared around the bubble especially. You can pound on them over and over again while they wait for their AA or KK.

You can continue crushing them at the final table with this same strategy. If if they call you preflop you can often take it down with a small bet on the flop.

Just be careful not to get too careless versus the super short stacks (10bb or less), because they will just shove on you preflop with a wider range.

I talk about this tournament strategy more in a recent video I made (near the end)

Hope this helps!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In such situations, I play tight. For me, this is the most effective strategy.
Good luck.

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight. Concentrate on players with an average stack. You can hunt them down.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can broaden your hand range a bit more when playing late position position so you can push and control your chip stack and pots a bit more.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the card goes I play. If not, I sit and wait for more to fly out to get a good prize. If there is a card, I risk it. Everything is simple, you do not need to complicate anything or try to deduce a winning formula, since there is no such formula.

E

el79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I do is increase my range of plays and at the same time increase the level of bets, I play much more aggressive with a celery with a large number of chips.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play with any tactic. The main thing is not to overdo it.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a large stack, you can expand the range, but not at the beginning of the tournament.With a large stack, you can put pressure on the opponent if in a situation on the board you are sure that the opponent does not reach the map.with a large stack, you can do anything-but do not forget that the lucky ticket is not always given.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the stage of the tournament. WTG? Protect your stack! Play more marginal hands cheap though...
Bubble? well this time you-re the one to put pressure..

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any strategy is chosen based on which players are with you at the moment at the table make notes on them and understand how to play against them.

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a problem with this, becouse i'm playing too tight ane rivals build their stacks and i finished behind final tables:(

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play tight. If you are in late position and everyone has folded in front of you, you can attack the blinds with weaker cards. But the hand shouldn't be too bad if a player defends his blinds and calls. With suited connectors (T9s - 54s), picture cards (KQ, KT, JT) or something like A2s you can try to steal the blinds in later position (CU, BU). If only one opponent calls, a continuation bet is always mandatory. So you can win the pot even if you haven't hit anything. If you have a big stack you can also call with speculative hands like suited connectors or A2s + or small pocket pairs (22-99) and watch the flop. But I would also rather play these hands in later position. You avoid such marginal situations because you can assess your hand better and if you hit a monster you can generate more chips if you play in position. That’s it. Premium hands (AK, JJ +) you play in every position and you raise preflop in any case. I wouldn't always attack the blinds and play aggressively just because you have a lot of chips. That takes revenge and at some point the situation comes and you run against a monster. I would continue to try to accumulate chips with a tight and aggressive style of play.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in late stages, expanding ranges to have dominance against short stack opponents is preferable play. In early stages there's no special strategy I guess, just stick to what you do from beginning.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play often. Raising often. Make pressure under the low stacks and sole more blinds

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on what I see from the other players at the table, I just follow my instincts, sometimes I play very tight, other times I risk a little more and play a little more aggressive, personally it depends on my opponent and the tournament I'm playing, I don't have a fixed strategy or an exact way to play when I have a big stack

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the tournaments and the stacks on the table, usually I try to avoid playing with another big stacks and wide my range

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to play bankroll Builders and other knockouts. It's easy to double/triple up in early stages. I'm playing tight in this levels. But if blinds rise up then I have a problems to play more aggresive (more raised hands). This is probably the reason I am not playnig on final tables.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends, I would like your opinion on this.
You are playing in a tournament and have hit some interesting hands. So he built a big stack. What strategy do you use to manage this stack?
- Do you play tight?
- Extend the range further?
- Do you pay to see the flush more often?
Anyway, in your opinion, what is the best strategy in this situation?

Good day!
It all depends on the stage of the tournament at which we have a large stack.
I think early on you can open more and call looser. The stack is deep - we can afford it (well, it's clear that it's not quite with garbage).
At the bubble stage, you can open much wider, being the chip leader, in order to put pressure on your opponents.
Think so)