How can I know fast who are good/"garbage" players in tournaments & freerolls?

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there really many garbage players? To be honest, I think there's less than people think there is. Like, players can vary in the style they play good (genuinely playing) and another they play terrible hands cause there just passing time.
Theres a lot of people that really dont know what they are doing on the tables.. The percentage of winning poker players is around 10% or less. freerolls is a world without laws and you will see some real weird things going on like players going al in when UTG with 80 blinds with pocket fives. Good players wont enter a game to just pass the time.. everytime they play they play for the win.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one now what to do there

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to get yourself poker tracker, or something like it. This way youll have info and it will collectinfo as you play more against people. It cost money but will help in this regard. If you dont want to spend money make notes

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when he plays all in all the time with any hand

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is there really many garbage players? To be honest, I think there's less than people think there is. Like, players can vary in the style they play good (genuinely playing) and another they play terrible hands cause there just passing time.

I have yet to find any "garbage''players or fish in the free rolls I have played since joining a month ago. Anyone who goes into a game and thinks they will run roughshod over the table will be rudely awakened. I for one will not be discounting anyone or their ability. I will make notes of what they have done and any tendencies I pick up but I will never underestimate any of them, especially the women.

Jim

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In just a game there is no way of knowing, although there are always many donkeys out there... hehe. With a long-term program you collect statistics from the players and you have a better idea of ​​what they play. :D

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are some tools to identify these players. But i did not use those trackers. I think it would be improve my game but actual i have no time to invest time in getting a better poker player. I use to oppurtunity to make some notes. So i could remember bad or good player very fast. One thing i identify. If there are rude people on the table, mostly they are agressive but bad players. So i wait till the right spot and then i kicked them out of the tourney.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have yet to find any "garbage''players or fish in the free rolls I have played since joining a month ago. Anyone who goes into a game and thinks they will run roughshod over the table will be rudely awakened. I for one will not be discounting anyone or their ability. I will make notes of what they have done and any tendencies I pick up but I will never underestimate any of them, especially the women.

Jim

I go in the opposite direction on that, sure i wont play like a donkey thinking i wont lose a hand but until i see something that makes me believe the villain is a good player i will treat him/her like a fish. I just only play freerolls or micro limits now maybe when i get to midstakes it will be different

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch what cards they go all in on or bet high with. Very often a bad player will over bet with very marginal hands. Eventually you can take their stack if they are very loose.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you know what a good starting hand is? You don't until you study and practice a game.

Its the same with figuring out who you're playing against. Its a skill that you develop over time.

I would advise you to lookup someone you think is a "good" player while you're playing and see if your assessment on one of the sites that tracks players is correct. That's how you test your theory and improve.

But think about this, if you don't know what to look for ie don't know the games well enough then you more than likely won't be able to spot a good player.

So you would have to learn the basic info on how to play whatever form of poker THEN you can assess a person's skills.

This is the next step after learning the games. You could cheat with a HUD that will go by player's tendencies but you can't use that stuff live.

And HUDS have limitation like they won't tell you if someone can play against certain styles, you can only get that by watching them.

So again, if you improve you knowledge of the games (whatever one you play) then you will have an easier time spotting the fish from the sharks.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are some tools to identify these players. But i did not use those trackers. I think it would be improve my game but actual i have no time to invest time in getting a better poker player. I use to oppurtunity to make some notes. So i could remember bad or good player very fast. One thing i identify. If there are rude people on the table, mostly they are agressive but bad players. So i wait till the right spot and then i kicked them out of the tourney.

I agree with you that most rude, aggressive players are fundamentally bad players that get lucky just enough to think they are great, makes it easier to set traps and kick their arses..

Jim
:)

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I go in the opposite direction on that, sure i wont play like a donkey thinking i wont lose a hand but until i see something that makes me believe the villain is a good player i will treat him/her like a fish. I just only play freerolls or micro limits now maybe when i get to midstakes it will be different

Either way will work as long as one has a starting point and adds info to that....

Jim:):):)

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like an average player, neither so good nor so bad, and all players have something that characterizes them, some are aggressive, others are very passive, just be aware of the way they bet and in what position they do it, in addition to whether they risk too much for a hand that looks difficult for the opponent, remember that one of the main lessons of poker is that you observe the table well and are 100% focused on the game. There are many novice players who later become good players calling them "garbage" is a very offensive term, some just play for fun.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realize it in his way of betting.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you see me you know there is a big o donk in the room.:D

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can't spot them in an orbit or two depending on how many are sitting at a table then something is wrong. I would say go work on your game to find out what you're looking for and go from there.

Even if they're not playing hands that will tell you either they know starting hands and /or scared to play. There is a difference where if you watch them in show downs can tell when they were ahead and were willing to gamble or they're scared.

Live or online it takes an orbit.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In regular tournaments, only by playing and taking notes on players can you tell a player's style and play. Freerolls are more difficult, as even a good and strong player can start playing as he wants, since he does not lose anything and can save time. But yes, often the first raises are 10 times or more the big blind tell me a lot.

Freeroll Passwords