How can I know fast who are good/"garbage" players in tournaments & freerolls?

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fastest way is look for the villains who play just about every hand. You simply need to wait for a hand and be aggressive.

Keep in mind, most poker hands are close, the danger of loose players is their 39os could hit trips or 2 pair and be well hidden.

I don't 3x these players bets, i don't want to play QQ vs 68os. I want the villain to fold or commit some chips with their trash.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are several things you can do:

1. sharkscope the players and note the results, both with words and color coding.
2. Set up your hud to auto-rate players ie fish, whale, abc, eagle, monkey shoving bingo player, etc.
3. Take notes/color code players every time you play.
4. Identify bad players in tourney lobby before you play.
5. Make a fish list and search for the fish and register where they are playing.
6. In game look at fast converging stats like VPIP and PFR, look for large VPIP and large VPIP-PFR gaps.
7. Another thing you can look for is strange bet sizing to code players.

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fastest way is look for the villains who play just about every hand. You simply need to wait for a hand and be aggressive.

Keep in mind, most poker hands are close, the danger of loose players is their 39os could hit trips or 2 pair and be well hidden.

I don't 3x these players bets, i don't want to play QQ vs 68os. I want the villain to fold or commit some chips with their trash.
Commit some chips by betting preflop and then checking to showdown?

T

tweezer_reraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heres something i look for:

the players that limp/fold under 20 bbs...

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are several things you can do:

1. Sharkscope the players and note the results, both with words and color coding.
2. Set up your hud to auto-rate players ie fish, whale, abc, eagle, monkey shoving bingo player, etc.
3. Take notes/color code players every time you play.
4. Identify bad players in tourney lobby before you play.
5. Make a fish list and search for the fish and register where they are playing.
6. In game look at fast converging stats like VPIP and PFR, look for large VPIP and large VPIP-PFR gaps.
7. Another thing you can look for is strange bet sizing to code players.
Hmmmm the other day a player was making strange bets but they had great hands and bluffs. What do i do?:confused:

T

tweezer_reraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is folding under 20 bbs bad?:(

i didnt say folding under 20 bbs is bad.
but limp/folding under 20 bbs seems to be a sign of a bad player in my history.
gl at the tables

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i didnt say folding under 20 bbs is bad.
but limp/folding under 20 bbs seems to be a sign of a bad player in my history.
gl at the tables

If you limp with under 20 bbs its hard to get paid enough when you make your hand to make your limp worth while. Also unless you are Phil Hellmuth your hand is more difficult to play when you limp at that stack depth. Many villans like to open shove over your limp at around 18bbs.

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you limp with under 20 bbs its hard to get paid enough when you make your hand to make your limp worth while. Also unless you are Phil Hellmuth your hand is more difficult to play when you limp at that stack depth. Many villans like to open shove over your limp at around 18bbs.
Ty and lol why a pot of ranch dressing?

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if there are many only there to be careful, :D

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch them play. Take notes or HUD. In free tournaments, most people do not understand what they are doing in hot bouns at micro stakes.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, at least 50 hands to get a feel of a player's pattern

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
google their table name and poker...eg

'Player23 poker"

this will give you a couple of sites where you can see their playing results history.

apart from that...as other posters have mentioned....stay awake...observe the table closely...turn off netflix etx...

P

pete_ferret

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots you can look out for.

Open limping under the gun,
Passive play from early positions,
Aggression early in hands and then passive play on later streets,
Bluffs in unusual positions (if you get to see their cards),

Can't tell you the rest otherwise you would start beating me at the tables. Lol.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When you play me you will know I’m a bad player because I limp a lot! Even though I win my share of freerolls!

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can go to Sharkscope and see a players rating on some of the poker sites. I use it once in awhile. You can look up 5 players a day for free. After that, you have to be a member.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sharkscope to help. In general, it is advisable to play with the HUD. And you also need to be able to use the statistics correctly and be able to use them.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They play every hand and call big raises with low quality cards. Bet sizing tells me a lot. Shoving after losing a hand is often a weaker players go to move.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Buy Poker Tracker, it is worth every dollar.
On Youtube there are videos showing how to set the HUD up correctly and how to use it.
The HUD stats will help you decide how good the Villains are.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strange bet size People who are new to poker are very attracted to multi-table tournaments with large guaranteed prize pools, so events such as the Sunday Million are always hugely popular, and you can always find many weak players when playing them. Often, recreational poker players use non-standard bet sizes during the game. Each individual player does this out of his own motives, so it is difficult to give a clear definition of such actions, but it is possible to push yourself to the right decision.The first thing to keep in mind is that weak players almost never bluff with small bets. While the pros try to balance their ranges and understand that a small bet can look very powerful, beginners are on a different level of thinking and don't even consider this sort of thing) In other words, by putting few chips in you, they are just trying not to scare you off and get as many chips as possible. So if an inexperienced player starts betting too little on you, you don't need to call him too often.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He enters every hand and wants to show his bluffs, Tries to take his opponents seriously during the game, Doesn't pay attention during the game, Doesn't know how to bet, among other characteristics of a bad player.:deal::deal::deal::deal:

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Serious question

Players want to know the difference between good and garbage players, ring game, tourney or freeroll

Some have offered legit advice, others not so much as just vapors.

They say about computers that they don’t actually think, they just process data

If it’s garbage data in, often garbage results come back

So…..how do I separate the golden nuggets of legit info from the rest of the garbage players who are just spitting out “I think this” and “I think that”????

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't think there is a fast or very fast way, because to know what your opponent is like you should be able to read during the tournament or unless someone you know tells you hey "X" player does "ABC" things during tournaments, but it is very difficult to determine very quickly if a player is bad, good, fair, etc, there are some things that can give you signals, but that you will see during several plays

Freeroll Passwords