How do you usually end your tournaments?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you find yourself mostly making a sick move, and getting called down.

Or

Maybe on a coinflip?

Or

Going in with an equity advantage only to get sucked out?

Or

Just getting beyond the bubble and short stack Yoloing with sub 5bb.

Or

You are a beast and you win everything.

B

Bilgefisher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm have been overplaying AQ lately. There is a raise, then I reraise...person behind shoves...I call. Lost 3 recent tournaments that way. Most of the time, I shouldn't be calling due to my opponent likely having a better hand. AK twice and JJ. Minuscule sample size, but I am trying to learn.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to get low bonus, then i wait the bubble, after this i do sick movies... always

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have myself being short stacked by the bubble and then I know I'm going to make it into the money being short stacked but how many times I have found myself with pocket aces and losing on them and being the player eliminated on the bubble. It is so demoralizing that I start to wonder if I should really fold pocket aces at the moment it has reached "hand for hand"

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have myself being short stacked by the bubble and then I know I'm going to make it into the money being short stacked but how many times I have found myself with pocket aces and losing on them and being the player eliminated on the bubble. It is so demoralizing that I start to wonder if I should really fold pocket aces at the moment it has reached "hand for hand"

I was just the guy that must have been the guy on the other side. I had 0.25BB left 3 hands left worth of ante. Hand to Hand and someone else bubble out.

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you find yourself mostly making a sick move, and getting called down.

Or

Maybe on a coinflip?

Or

Going in with an equity advantage only to get sucked out?

Or

Just getting beyond the bubble and short stack Yoloing with sub 5bb.

Or

You are a beast and you win everything.
It is really situational depending on what your playing but for some crazy reason lately I mostly just play higher cash games but lately I've been dabbling in tournaments and doing well but the last 6 out of 10 tournaments I made it pretty far in each cashing in 5 but the last 3 I've played I lost all 3 times in the big blind holding QQ all three times and losing on the river each time to 22 which hits a set on the river and each was pretty deep last 10 percent of players left and it's so frustrating what are the odds ....

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ways I usually end my tournaments are:
  • I bust out
  • I win the last hand

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I go AI, someone calls and I'm out. That's my last few tournaments ;)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on my stack. if it is above average. I usually manage to reach the first 3 places. because I only play the max hands and I wait for the other players to bust before taking any risks. otherwise, I try to play more aggressive and steal as much blind as possible when I am in position.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thank the dealer and walk to the cashier.

S

smorg01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my favourite way to go out of late is underplaying AA and KK. Allowing to many people into the hand and then sucking out on the river.

I remember a couple years back going 19 for 20 losses on AA.

So now I like to 2.x to 3.5 X my AA unless I am middle of the table and there are some limpers and then I will throw in a POT bet to weed some out.

S

smorg01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In answer to your question what are the odds. Busting on the river to 22 about 4%.

I have been getting killed in similar fashion. To many people fall in love with their poor hands and just gamble. One thing to note would be keeping an eye on the stack size when it comes to the bubble. No need to bust out to a large stack just because you have the far superior hand.

:)

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I make top 2, someone always has trips or better, and every time I flop the nuts, I get absolutely 0 action, so eventually I blind out or lose in a flip.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont exactly sit and count this, but most of my tournaments probably end with some sort of all-in preflop hand. This is logical, because the risk of busting is largest, when we are a short stack, and short stacked play lends itself towards being all-in preflop. Its pretty rare, that I end up bluffing my stack away with no equity.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m almost always trying to get to the money, but in the bubble I go wild, and most of the time I end there. I can’t help myself, it’s stronger than me.

JohnWayne329

JohnWayne329

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Often i reach to top 10 percent left players

S

samir77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get knocked out in the beginning lol

L

Leifhackman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times when I do really well at first I do a dumb all in which ends my tournament.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometime's I make the bubble, other time's not even that far, I have been K.O. first hand and I have won some tournaments, but whatever the outcome, I enjoy my Poker (usually). Fair enough I don't like going out first hand, but lets be honest, if you are dealt A/A on the very first hand, you raise and someone shoves all-in, what else can you do but Call?

A/A gets cracked many times, I know from experience, but if you are not prepared to go for it with a hand like that what are you willing to call with? Poker is a fun game and if you can outplay your opponents, so much the better, but sometimes if I am in the right frame of mind (I don't care attitude) then I will make some dubious calls.

Last night in the free-roll I raised with A/A flop came 9,9,2, I bet, got raised all-in by 9/8, and I called, and I caught the Ace from space on the river, on another hand I limped with A/8 someone shoved all-in with A/K I called and made trip eights, Luck? Sure it was lucky! But I was having fun! and that is why I always enjoy my games, I eventually made the money and went out in 14th place, with $3.00 in my account.

If you are one of my victim's, then I apologize sincerely, But if you take Poker too serious, then it can become a problem when some Idiot like me calls with dubious hands, and you finish up throwing your laptop across the room, it happens, but it shouldn't. If you can smile at the bad beats and suck-outs, then you can start to enjoy Poker as much as I do. That's Poker!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get to the finally table only occasionally but then I am tired and I often make silly mistakes.

Random1609

Random1609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played poker in a long time. Now I decided to start playing again with new strength. I usually get knocked out of tournaments even before I get into the prize places, but there are also pleasant exceptions. I have never reached the final table in real money games, but I am not discouraged, because everything is ahead of me!

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good players almost always exit a tournament on a bad beat or a cooler.

The only exceptions is if we exit due to a large failed bluff attempt gone wrong, or if we win the tournament.

Since I consider myself a "good player", I almost always end on a sour note. That used to bother me greatly, I would become angry and upset and sad and all those negative emotions... but now that I understand this is simply the way it is for good tournament players, I never get emotional anymore, I take my losses in stride and simply move on to the next game.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3/7 ITM. I usually bust early when I dont stick to my plan or when I call some very questionable all ins.

In overall Im still very green to this and just studying and being more patient has helped me ITM much more. FTs are still rare.