gday all...usually limp or a small call..heads-up should raise.....darrell

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play Low pocket pairs like 22 carefully. Trying to see a flop cheaply or when the blinds and antes are starting to add up and if I’m in position I make a decent preflop bet hoping to take it down. If faced with a big raise or reraise I have no problems folding it.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deuces...

Most time fold but there are occasions where hitting the set can get you a big win! Just be careful if you have a loaded board and don't hit a monster. (a set of 2s is not quite a monster in my opinion)

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today in the game I came three times 22 and I bet more than 75% on the flop and then bluffing all-in. to work.

F

franknavin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play 22 unless I can call with less than 5% of my stack

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!I was wondering how do you deal with pocket deuces at any position pre-flop in tournaments? In my case, it is a snap fold most of the time regardless of my stack size even. Is this pocket pair undervalued? Is there something I'm missing to know how to handle it upside?

Depends on my stack and the level of any raises. If the people to my left still have to act and they are aggressive, I won't call a pot level raise with them.
If it won't cost much to call so that if I get reraised after that I can easily get away from it, I'll take a chance to see the flop.

B

bonzai888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can afford to see the flop, flast call in any position, (fold if raises ahead) if button position raise it and pray for a deuce to show up on flop, if checked to you, bet it like you have poc AA.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very difficult to play post flop because your behind in most multi-way pot and are basically set mining. Snap folding is a mistake though you need to evaluate the tables play and who's in the hand. Just because you know you have deuces doesn't me your opponents do

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp or call a small raise entering the pot- fold if I miss a set to any bet. I play all small pairs this way.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think this a very blind dependent question- with 30 bb or more you can limp them and set mine, you can raise them late position, with 20bbs or less you can shove them in the small blind vs the bb.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play them for cheap, limp or call a min raise of 2 big blinds whenever in position with the deuces and treys if you flop your set you could get a big pot as they are unexpectable.
If you are not so deep and you have them in early positions just fold the preflop and wait for better hands.
On any books they will tell you that you should go all in with 2-2 if you are short stack with less than 5big blinds but I have tried that several times and never won a flip with them I think Jx is ahaed of these pairs.

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play them since I saw a video on you tube. 2 pros argued which is better AK os or 22 so they put up 10k each and one took 22 the other took AK os and they played 1k per hand and ran them and the guy with 22 took 7 of 10 times.Anyway, the winner was the guy with 22!

I

I3onez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything bigger than 3bb pre-flop in the muck they go

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22 or any Pocket pair

If I have plenty of chips to at least see a flop without putting my stack to trouble, I'll play any pair to at least the flop. Or if very short might go all-in preflop hoping the big card callers miss and I can double or triple up.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the EV is very rarely in the black preflop with deuces.

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 2 is a coin flip with A K . There is alot of value there . I will play them many different ways depending on the situation . I definetly think you are missing out by snap folding them .
I know. But imagine to finally hit your set with 2-2 and still lose your entire stack!.

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi all!I was wondering how do you deal with pocket deuces at any position pre-flop in tournaments? In my case, it is a snap fold most of the time regardless of my stack size even. Is this pocket pair undervalued? Is there something I'm missing to know how to handle it upside?
Poket 22 is only better than A high, but if you can get in
cheap then go for it and hope to hit the flop.

LéoSRibeiro

LéoSRibeiro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the position. If I can get to the flop for a low cost, I pay to see.

bablo

bablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play pocket deuces almost never play them very rarely unless in the blinds or when a big multipot is going to.

clubsta

clubsta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to see the flop with any low pocket pair if it's fairly cheap, my stack can afford it, AND I have position.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket deuces are just imagined card.I throw them away in most of the time,the only time i play them is when i want to bluff.Yes somebody will say but that are not bluff, bluff is when you raise and have 83 for example,well for me that is madness or throwing money and so when i want to bluff for me pocket deuces are perfect choice.It will very rarely hit the set and even when it does it is a very weak three of a kind.