How do you play middle poket pairs

Satiivas

Satiivas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like every other hand- depending on the situation (position, stack size, opponents playstyle etc).

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
middle pocket pairs

Depends upon position, bankroll. the other players at the table. I would usually limp in with those, especially in early to middle position. If nobody raises you get to see a flop.

Rawdeal1955

Rawdeal1955

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll play them with a low raise to see what comes back, all in to risky but they do it.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what position in late raise and the other call.

steadman0

steadman0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am in early position, I will limp in. If I am in late position, a small raise normally.

Although this will also depend on stack size, if I'm on less than 10BBs then it's a shove.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your position, your opponents and your image. In the early position, if possible, go into the limp game - to see the flop cheaply (an exception can be made for pocket TT). In the middle position, if before you all the opponents made a fold - raise. When playing in a late position, call the standard raise size or make an open-raise.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pair means couple, couple means love, love means hurt or happy. so becearefull with love mate.. but dont give up in love, if you dont see happy things in floop then try to take some small risk maybe happy things waiting for you on the turn. if happy thing still not there dont worry in this level you already named a fighter of love even if love hurts you over and over again and poker gods know that you already have a place in heaven.. lets continiue Now you are a bloody love warrior, you cry, you sad, you tired,you screaming so after passing deadly war on the turn you need to start thinking about yourself (your stack) if the risk to big to see happy things on the river for your loves,its Means this is not your true love then it's time to let go. Wipe away your tears and move on,find another love.. THE END

lmao jk

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm never limping middling pairs, min raise atleast maybe more toward 2.2 - 2.5x. Middle pairs are hard to play postflop and if you can take it down preflop then great. If you flop a set then there is more money in the pot, and by raising you narrow a callers range down. if you limp and they limp they could be limping any 2 cards.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I limp, sometimes choose agressive way of playing these hands, it depends on circumstances, Usually, the later the position, the more agressive I am:)

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can play variously but important thing is not over commit early and not get over attached.
The main hope is to catch a set (which is still vulnerable to straights) or full house, though set over set can occur and be costly.
Hence they should always be played cautiously and with situational awareness.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like 99 has become my new pocket jacks. I always get 9's with like 11 BB's left and im in the small blind with 2 limpers that will NOT be folding to my shove and I look down and see 99 and say to myself uuuuuuuuuugh Im about to be eliminated.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like middle pairs. I raise with them from middle or post positions, if no one raised me.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe on middle and late position, but if you have nothing on the flop I easy fold if someone shove. Yesterday I play Pokerstar tv freeroll and I have a 5 5 in hand, two players call all-in and I had to fold (on flop come 2 5 5).

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends, most of the time I wait for set on the flop :) but sometimes just put it in preflop

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mid pocket pairs

like 77 88 99 1010

From my history and lack of success with them, I guess you could say that I play them poorly....does that answer your question, or were you looking for some wise advice? From the previous responses, you can see that opinions differ and the variations of situations create thousands of different plays; each as good as the other under certain circumstances. Sometimes it comes down to your gut feeling about both the players and the time and place in the tournament.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually with a lot of fear and waiting conect Set.
I bet to isolate one or two opponents and from there we see the behavior, I do C-Bet and if does not work Fold.
Sometimes I apply the rule No Set - No Bet.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am short stack in a turney, I jam all in, otherwise raise in late position or call and hope to make trips. Early position I call.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These pairs try to play them with caution since someone can have a higher pair or get one of them in the community cards