How do you play against all in villains

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly$1-5 MTT games.
I am constantly running into players who are shoving all in practically every hand. My real problem is that they are doing this with 40-200 big blind stacks. Without any raise in front of them.
They will do this for multiple hands in a row.
I continue to fold unless I have a premium hand. But even then, going all in for tournament life is very frustrating.
For example, I had this scenario last night. Four hands in a row villain goes all in. I finally get AA and call. They have kk and get a k on the flop. Ok. Bad luck.
I am not out yet. But villain continues to go all in for the next several hands.
Others play against villain and we find they are playing A3o. And JQo.
So I get AQs and call. Villain has A9o. I get the Q on the flop. But he gets 9 9 on turn and river. End of tournament.
I re enter the tournament and eventually sit at same table. Pretty much same thing happens. Only I have KK and he has Q10s and wins.
How do we deal with this?
Do I continue to fold all of my good hands and only call if I have a high pocket pair?
I understand variance can be brutal at times.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Against all-inners only logical option would be going all-in - there's nothing better than beating someone with their own weapons

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am constantly running into players who are shoving all in practically every hand. My real problem is that they are doing this with 40-200 big blind stacks. Without any raise in front of them.
I continue to fold unless I have a premium hand. But even then, going all in for tournament life is very frustrating.
For example, I had this scenario last night. Four hands in a row villain goes all in. I finally get AA and call. They have kk and get a k on the flop. Ok. Bad luck.
I am not out yet. But villain continues to go all in for the next several hands.
So I get AQs and call. Villain has A9o. I get the Q on the flop. But he gets 9 9 on turn and river. End of tournament.
I re enter the tournament and eventually sit at same table. Pretty much same thing happens. Only I have KK and he has Q10s and wins.
Do I continue to fold all of my good hands and only call if I have a high pocket pair?

All you can do in this situation is really pick value hands and go with it. There here to gamble. We just cant let them just keep winning there blind and we need to take a calculated risk. Take pairs like 88 or 99 or hands like AJo and KQ. Not hands we want to just go with but if they are truly pushing any 2, these become profitable to play against there range. Just hurts when we loose the hand. .

While every player has a right to play as they see fit, this player can ruin the game for all at the table.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like stated, your only option with this player type is call the Allin or maybe limp/min bet and hope they shove when you have a premium hand.
Sure they win some, but you should be ahead by so much that it’s worth it (if you’re ready to be out of the game on a hand you wouldn’t normally play) AND there’s no other players left to act that will call with a better hand!
I love these players as frustrating as they are, because it usually is an easy double up👍

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For less skilled players and those are not very good at postflop play, all-in preflop with decent hands may be better options. All-in plays tend to intimidate opponents, which is also a good thing.

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks. I like the limp strategy maybe. I can trap if I have a good hand and fold fairly cheaply if not great.

What can be the the thoughts with this philosophy? I just don't get it

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks. I like the limp strategy maybe. I can trap if I have a good hand and fold fairly cheaply if not great.

What can be the the thoughts with this philosophy? I just don't get it
If your strategy is to limp mostly, then your opponents won't be afraid of you, they will follow you with all kind of hands, even if you have Aces, it is still dangerous against several rivals. You are more likely to win a small pot or lose a big one.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All you can do in this situation is wait for a good hand and gamble.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In my opinion , u did everything right , every time , you were just unlucky that day , thats all ! I would do the same each and every time vs those maniacs ! But you have to realize everytime you're preflop allin , he/she have some chance of winning , even if its AA vs 27off ... So keep your chin up , and continue to focus on playing good poker . Players like those can't never earn playing poker like that (not on long run atleast), they're just trying to get lucky and are playing with 0 skill . I prefer to play with max skill and min luck , thats when u actually earn money on long run .

Also you should have adequate bankroll for games you're playing , else you're the one trying to get lucky :D

Merry Xmas and wish u all the best

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If your strategy is to limp mostly, then your opponents won't be afraid of you, they will follow you with all kind of hands, even if you have Aces, it is still dangerous against several rivals. You are more likely to win a small pot or lose a big one.

I agree with limping. I would much rather play my game. But I can't justify going all in with J10s or 9 10s or similar for whole tournament. But I get it. Play smart and will win out in long run

DanielSnrL

DanielSnrL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has been commonplace in poker rooms.

It seems to me like some tactic by millionaire players to try to get a stack up early in the tournament. Why do I think this? Because when it's a rebuy tournament, the kamikaze rebuys until the end.

Obviously this is not poker. What I try to do is wait for premium hands like you. Or wait for someone to slaughter the fish.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such situations, we should not lose heart because this is poker. You also need to have premium hands to call an aggressive opponent. He cannot be lucky forever. These players usually come to the game for fun. You should also try to choose hands for calling that will not overlap with his possible opening range.

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
friend you did everything right. you're just out of luck. but everything will be fine in the distance

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should also try to choose hands for calling that will not overlap with his possible opening range.

Question then. Do you call when I have kj or A10. Marginal top hands.
I feel most of these all in folk are shoving with any pair or connected cards. Usually not much above Qx

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call AQ + TT + and it doesn't matter if we lose. It's a dream, not an opponent. They keep poker alive.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question then. Do you call when I have kj or A10. Marginal top hands.
I feel most of these all in folk are shoving with any pair or connected cards. Usually not much above Qx

Natural call due to the opportunity to replay on the turn or river by drawing.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Th big game

online poker offers many tournaments throughout the week with so many opportunities to see a winning hand. cause you face several all in

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was able to finish in tenth place last night. Appreciate the input everyone

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I still find it amazing that players will go all in for 40+ blinds with no one raising ahead of them. Even on the final table. I finally started marking these players. Just using the color yellow. That way if I have a decent pocket pair or Broadway hand I will typically call now.

M

Memphis legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly, don't worry about winning or losing. as long s you can tell yourself you made the CORRECT decision, its ok, wins will come

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You're doing it right but sometimes the dealer doesn't, shall we say, cooperate.