christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to know if it is better to start more passive or more paying tournaments, because with more calls there are chances of getting the cards right on the flop.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You don't play passive in turbo tournaments . You must be aggressive, focused in the game, and carefull of the details.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I would like to know if it is better to start more passive or more paying tournaments, because with more calls there are chances of getting the cards right on the flop.
no, the more you play a hand, the more likely you are to get busted and out of the tournament

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do not play passively when you play poker in any format--Even when we limp correctly or check correctly it is because it is the correct action-not because the correct action is to bet but we decide to check instead to be careful---
In turbos the point where we have to push thinner equites arrives faster than in regular speed tournies that is the only change we make and we do it by being aware of when we drop from 60bb to much shorter stacks-

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.When I play that kind of formats,try to double up the sooner I can,if not ,the blinds will kill my stack.I try to be patient but aggressiveness is necessary to be successful in these games.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The early phase of a turbo tournament is just the same as the early phase of one with regular speed blind intervals. The important is current stack sizes, not how soon the blinds will go up.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Assuming there is re-buy option and i actually have spare MTT ticket then obviously the only target at the start would be to get someone out at all costs ...

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
não, quanto mais você joga uma mão, maior a probabilidade de ser eliminado e fora do torneio
Thanks for the answer. I am in this doubt because I see many aggressive players at the beginning of tournaments and end up losing in a few hands when they don't get the double.

Good afternoon. When I play this type of format, try to double as soon as possible, otherwise the blinds will wipe out my stack. I try to be patient, but aggressiveness is necessary to be successful in these games.
Thanks for the answer. I have this doubt because I see many aggressive players at the start of tournaments and end up losing in a few hands when they don't get twice as much.

You don't play passively when you play poker in any format - even when we clean correctly or check correctly it's because it's the correct action - not because the correct action is betting, but we decided to check instead of being careful - -
In turbos, the point where we have to push thinner equites comes faster than in regular speed tournaments, that is the only change we make and we do it being aware of when we drop from 60bb to much smaller stacks-
Thanks for the answer. I have this doubt because I see many aggressive players at the start of tournaments and end up losing in a few hands when they don't get twice as much.

You don't play passively in turbo tournaments. You must be aggressive, focused on the game, and careful with the details.
Thanks for the answer. I have this doubt because I see many aggressive players at the start of tournaments and end up losing in a few hands when they don't get twice as much. But aren't you in danger of going with a reasonable hand and taking crazy threets?

The initial phase of a turbo tournament is exactly the same as the initial phase of one with regular speed blind intervals. What matters is the current stack size, not when the blinds will go up.
But in faster tournaments we can't expect to make it to the top. So, we're more vulnerable to games that might not be good for raises.

no, the more you play a hand, the more likely you are to be eliminated and out of the tournament
I didn't quite understand your answer. Could you explain it better?