How to deal with lucky dumb players?

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can afford to play at a little higher level, the proficiency level of the players also rises. You will experience less and less of this type of player as your level increases. There are online exceptions, I know.

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can afford to play at a little higher level, the proficiency level of the players also rises. You will experience less and less of this type of player as your level increases. There are online exceptions, I know.
Unfortunately not everyone can afford it :/

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i need to stop shoving against them preflop when i know i have them destroyed. they will somehow still suck out with their pocket dueces!

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i need to stop shoving against them preflop when i know i have them destroyed. they will somehow still suck out with their pocket dueces!
Yeah .. preflop action should be avoided

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's nothing you can do to change how others play, only yourself. When someone plays and gets lucky against you, I mean truly lucky, you need to understand that your play was still correct. Knowing that you made the correct play and got them in bad, you then know that in the long run you will be winning a higher percentage of the time. Occasional run bad hits every poker player it's part of the game.

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's nothing you can do to change how others play, only yourself. When someone plays and gets lucky against you, I mean truly lucky, you need to understand that your play was still correct. Knowing that you made the correct play and got them in bad, you then know that in the long run you will be winning a higher percentage of the time. Occasional run bad hits every poker player it's part of the game.
Good point

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that with lucky players it is necessary to constantly make the right decisions - again and again. The main thing is to get the most out of good hands and lose as little as possible with bad hands.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not patient enough

There is a specific way to play against dumb players that works well... If the kind of dumb you are dealing with is stupid aggressive then tight and patient is the best way to go. Get used to throwing out lots of mediocre hands that could net you a huge pot but also lose you a big pot. Play the odds and join into pots with lots of callers so your pot odds are higher. It is preferable if the player that is being stupid aggressive is the raiser and you are last to call. This way you can sneak in when you the or have a viable draw to the best hand.

S

Sunshinerise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thin is deal with this guys with COME AND PATIENCE :)

I

its TG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love setting traps for luckboxes. establish a pattern then break it

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a guy that I play with a lot named Robbie Dobby and he drew out on me with an in the gut straight when I had tripps. Lol sometimes there's nothing you can do except make them get lucky

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only now I encountered such a player.
my hand is AA. The blinds are 150 \\ 300 my stack is 15,000. I raised from utg3 of 600, bb call. he has 18,000
flop 6 2 8. I'm a cbet, an all-in opponent. i call, from opponent K2o turn-9 river- K. like this. the variance will return everything, we must endure

S

Saurkraut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
curl up in a ball crying yourself to sleep....lol:nurse:

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LMFAO All I do is hope I beat them! You can't beat luck.

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's a guy that I play with a lot named Robbie Dobby and he drew out on me with an in the gut straight when I had tripps. Lol sometimes there's nothing you can do except make them get lucky
That's tough

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a specific way to play against dumb players that works well... If the kind of dumb you are dealing with is stupid aggressive then tight and patient is the best way to go. Get used to throwing out lots of mediocre hands that could net you a huge pot but also lose you a big pot. Play the odds and join into pots with lots of callers so your pot odds are higher. It is preferable if the player that is being stupid aggressive is the raiser and you are last to call. This way you can sneak in when you the or have a viable draw to the best hand.
Good point

A

AAbyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More patience and wait for a good flop

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks a lot - that helps

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever they are in a hand and you have a pretty hand, just shove it. 50+BB? who cares, just shove.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy

The answer is simple, you take the 60% they give you so often to win and keep playing them for a profit. If they are overly aggro you know their range is super wide so just call them wider and boom you will win some chips.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to deal with lucky players

I've experienced that a lot but still have no idea or maybe I'm just not patient enough. Any suggestions how to deal with this kind of players? :confused:

If you mean players who put in high bets even all in on garbage cards and catching something big from the board, I'm not sure how to counter that type of player. Some things I've tried with varied success are: I play back at them with garbage. I wait for the good cards to come and call their high bets. If I'm not adventurous enough to try these tactics I wait for them to get taken out or for a table change. Good Luck

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always will be a part of the game, even we make these plays from time to time. Its when our gambler side comes out.

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you mean players who put in high bets even all in on garbage cards and catching something big from the board, I'm not sure how to counter that type of player. Some things I've tried with varied success are: I play back at them with garbage. I wait for the good cards to come and call their high bets. If I'm not adventurous enough to try these tactics I wait for them to get taken out or for a table change. Good Luck
Good point :D

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, I would say play tighter and make them pay more to see each street (more than normal ) , however it really depends on the "dumb" player's aggression factor/style, are they dumb calling stations or raising stations?
Calling stations are much easier as you can get real strong hands/nuts and bet heavily into them without fear of chasing them away , a "raising station" is much harder as you will be faced with more risks, to those I'd play tighter and pick your spots, Against some players i use the "let people do your work for you" idea , for example if raising station is on my right and there are good strong players on my left who don't get bullied easily, i will simply sit back and wait for other players to deal with "raising station" or else go as far as instigating "trouble" and when other players raise etc, i fold and let them fight .... lol