How to beat The Maniac?

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Maniac shoves with Ace high and find a nut flush on the river.
The Maniac raises UDG with 82o and find a set on the flop.
When the maniac is about to lose he finds a table straight and chops the pot.

How to beat such a entity as The Maniac?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You can defeat such players if you are patient enough in the long run. Other methods, in my opinion, are not effective.

Well that is quite simple: You will transform to the Maniac by yourself :cool:

Sometimes, I notice that you use this strategy in your own games. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Sometimes, I notice that you use this strategy in your own games. :D

Ofcourse - after all whatever unusual strategy can also be great option. Sometimes.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, you don't need to be nervous. The maniac will make a mistake anyway. Now you just have to better match the card.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that is quite simple: You will transform to the Maniac by yourself :cool:

Good one!!!
Just point the finger at him and say: you are next!! And he will dim out :D

First, you don't need to be nervous. The maniac will make a mistake anyway. Now you just have to better match the card.

Yeah im just salty that the maniac always apear in the worst times to take all my chips

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Patience is the key. Tighten up, play the nit against him and when you have a premium hand raise, check raise, check or whatever you need to do to entice him so you can stack him.
Study his HUD stats carefully. Build detailed notes on him.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight play is right, just need to wait for your moment, someone will bust him, if you are lucky it may be you

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play tight, the opposite of his loose game, and under play the monsters hands especially the big pairs and wait to trap him, this requires patience, and breathe to calm yourself because maniacs tend to annoy everyone

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must carefully study your opponent at the table. Perhaps you should avoid such a player and play with great caution against him. Because it can't be read. Against such players, it is necessary to show the strength of your hand especially clearly and not give the opportunity to see the flop. Push game also sometimes brings results. Good luck, it's not very easy ;)

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must carefully study your opponent at the table. Perhaps you should avoid such a player and play with great caution against him. Because it can't be read. Against such players, it is necessary to show the strength of your hand especially clearly and not give the opportunity to see the flop. Push game also sometimes brings results. Good luck, it's not very easy ;)

So how do you explain what happened just now? I was in the button with 2 pairs on the flop, betted 2/3 on flop and full pot on turn bringing the maniac down to 1/4 of his stack. Turn out he had 4 outs and found the straight draw on the river.

I believe i played right but i still lost because the villain is a madman.

God i hate freerolls

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight, the opposite of his loose game, and under play the monsters hands especially the big pairs and wait to trap him, this requires patience, and breathe to calm yourself because maniacs tend to annoy everyone

It doesnt matter. The oponent always find the miracle card in the river

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight play is right, just need to wait for your moment, someone will bust him, if you are lucky it may be you

You can bust 10 maniacs but it only takes one to bust you

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Just wait and see because their strategy can not past long. They could win a few pots like that but at the end lost in one time. But as Risto mentioned above sometimes you need to beat them with their own weapon.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes all you can do is play your best game and don't become overly focused about any one specific player at the tables, especially if they are running hot. Sometimes we should simply stay out of the way at times because luck can take a player places skill can not go.

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold a lot, until you have a good hand and call it. When both go all in, the gambling element is there, but you will have a significant advantage over the fool.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The worst thing is having a maniac at the table when you're short stacked and slowly getting swollen by BB. Other than that, I love maniacs since all I have to do is be patient and strike with precision. Don't get frustrated and wait for your time, it will come.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best way to beat maniac players is to play a tight aggressive game style, never or almost never bluff against these players, when shortstacked ( less than 20-15 bb) shove preflop with strong hands, make big value bets postflop and the most difficult thing to do is to make some hero calls in the right spots.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it comes to playing with a partial maniac, the tactics change. These players are unpredictable. You should play tight with them. Don't call every raise of his, even if he's unsure. Better to wait for a strong combination and 3-bet. The game with experienced maniacs is the most difficult. The preferred position at the table is to the left of that player. Remember that these aggressors can be unreasonable to show themselves preflop. However, when it comes to the flop, they become completely unpredictable, which is why they often win in hands. The tactic of the game is as follows: wait for a strong combination and make a 3-bet. To be more successful in your actions, you need to knock the rest of the players out of the hands.
If there are several maniacs in the game, your location is not important. The most important thing in such a game is to choose the right combinations with which you will enter the game. If you are unsure of the strength of your hand, it is best to fold.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to beat a maniac

You should ask yourself, how do you beat a monster? It is by becoming one yourself, in that situation. How do you beat a maniac? It is by becoming a maniac yourself.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Three things are most important when you dealing with maniacs. Stack sizes, position, and good hand. It’s not really good to play against them if you don’t have bigger stack, even if you have better starting hand, you can still lose, and bust out from tournament. We all knows that position is crucial in playing poker, and hitting good hand specially in position it’s the best that we can hope for.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Maniac beats himself. Always :)

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Have you checked the maniac's stats, results?? Are you sure, he is the maniac? Or he just got the gap, what makes him profitable, lift him over the others. As you mentioned, he win against your pre-flop 'good' hands, meantime you never even play with cards like 82o, so you never will get it back. Have you ever think about the whys??? There are. Usually, the maniacs like that - even I do not like them, play often based on anything else like poker, how they do - have the 20x, 30x times higher stacks, than the starting one at the end of late reg, so they are almost 100% in the money, and have a very good position, chance for FT.... and so strange, they are often there, too....

If you really think an 82o UTG raise is a sure sign of a loser maniac - I do not say, it can't be -, then probably you did not play enough online and read too much 'education' about poker, but never considered the RNG factor...

How to beat them? By the time, patiance, luck, surprise them, too, or simply just forget the mainstream 'how to play poker' and focus for the online word, what is behind that...