High stakes players playing low stakes tourneys

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Cards Chat Grinders,

This is a question for players who frequent the $50+5 tourneys and above. Do you find it hard to be successful in a lower stakes tournament because of the irregular play of amateurs? If you were in this situation how would you adjust your strategy to take advantage of non-conventional or reckless play? Thank you

Good Luck To All:cool:

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips

This is a question for players who frequent the $50+5 tourneys and above. Do you find it hard to be successful in a lower stakes tournament because of the irregular play of amateurs? If you were in this situation how would you adjust your strategy to take advantage of non-conventional or reckless play? Thank you

if I was in this situation, I would only open with premium hands at the very beginning of the tournament, but I would never make the decision to go all in. and on such a challenge of my opponent, I did fold, well, probably with the exception of AA.:idea:

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the days i had a complete different impression when it comes to how good players actually are o different stake levels. In fact, while party poker was still Serbia welcome, i played only satys to high stakes tournaments, i mean 109$ and above. I had a hard time to get the tickets through satellites and cashing in at the target tournaments was pretty much easier for me. Players at the 109$, 215$ and 550$ tournaments were bad comparing to those who were playing 5.5$ satellites. And i'm not talking about a couple of tournaments, sample on which i made my conclusion i consider significant. I don't really know if it was because of poker site mentioned above or it's a global thing but we are talking here about online poker so nothing really surprise me.
I might be off the topic here, i'm just sharing my experience.
If you find yourself with a bunch of people playing loose, try to adapt to their way of play in order to make the most of it, if they are too aggressive, don't limp to much in early positions, try to play on flop as much as you can and do not let they spoil you way of play, just adapt and don't identify, it might affect your play on long terms.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not difficult to win, if you play in games with bad players. In fact its very easy to win. Sure you might face more confusing situations because of their irregular play, but in poker easy is not the same as profitable. And really good players are not easy to play against either, because they will deliberately mix up their game to keep you guessing.

The real issue is ego. When the opponent is bad, we feel, that we deserve to win even more. So when that does not happen, we tend to get frustrated. But playing against bad players is something, you need to learn, if you want to have success in poker, because they are ultimately, where all the money is coming from.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

old thread I know but this topic interests me , because well I know the road.
The irregular play of amatuers only affects certain types of players.
At high stakes you have agressive players and tight players even some tricky ones.
Any player that doesnt play the players they are playing against is going to be a loser
The ones come down stakes often become looser and make bad calls and what not because its soo cheap to call all in with QQ in a 4 bet pot lol
While others overestimate and scare themselves fom aggrotards that dont have anything.
More than NOT the tight ones crush all round.
You must play a amatuer for an amautuer a fiddle for a fiddle and a pro for a pro.
ALL together on a very dynamic table

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good players can of course adapt.

And most of them beat the lower stakes before they moved up.

I think the high stakers can beat lower stakes without problems, its easier and of course they know the opponents will play different/crazier/worse.

turrui262

turrui262

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they will certainly teach, they have a very advanced technical level

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weird question , why would they waste their time since they can make a whole lot playing cash games