high stakes or free tournaments

marcofud

marcofud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to ask poker players who play high stakes or lose time playing in free low tournaments

A

Alfaomega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are PRO in poker, you can play high stakes. if not,than better to get started in freerolls, you can lern for free how to play poker.good luck

T

The Driller

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not about time

for sure it's a waste of time like anybody else who waste time with his best hobby.
It's better to waste time with free tournaments than wasting both money and time with high risk loose real money tournaments.
:rolleyes:

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like high stakes cause players play tighter I find. But freerolls are nice too meet a lot of good players just starting out. Some players are just as good as players in high stakes. They just don't deposit money and try to win money through the free rolls, which makes it fun.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If I had a big box would play big bets ... but have not yet gamble casualties and free !! and for me it is not waste of time !!!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I did not understand anything.
What is your question ???
Can you explain in more detail ??

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would like to ask poker players who play high stakes or lose time playing in free low tournaments

I think every high stakes poker player started playing at small stakes. (Except maybe very rich business people playing high stakes for fun.) Professionals, most of them started from the bottom and with a lot of hard work and dedication they reached the highest peaks. :p:fight:

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have money, but no experience, then you should start with micro-limits or freerolls. If the issue of money is not worth it at all, then you can play whatever you want. Starting to play at high stakes without money and experience is not possible. Since you risk spending all the money that you have.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it all depends on your bankroll.

Ideally have a 100x buy-in to beat the limit you are going to play.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for sure it's a waste of time like anybody else who waste time with his best hobby.
It's better to waste time with free tournaments than wasting both money and time with high risk loose real money tournaments.
:rolleyes:

This is the safe conclusion I arrived at myself tbh. Learn to WIN at freerolls and it will carry you far.

You literally never have to spend a buck on poker if you go this route.

You're ready for high stakes if you can repeat tournament wins consistently.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free tournaments because you won’t lose there, but in a money game you can lose your entire amount and sometimes there are big prizes in free tournaments and there is an incentive to play.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently, I stick to freerolls and micro-mid stakes. I've been facing a downswing for a few months and playing here helps me come out of it while minimizing loss. I've learned so much in this time and I am so ready for the next wave of normal hands.

Now I just gotta ride it out.

It's just a numbers game. When I'm feeling more comfortable after this phase, I'll up the stakes and apply everything I've learned on those tables.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good way to start your bankroll if you do not have any money. If you have some money to spend (not risk money that you can't afford to loose) you can directly start with micro stakes.