Have you fallen asleep during a game??

O

OLexZTS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. But I remember the funny incident when I fell asleep sitting naked after sex while we were watching a film with my ex-girlfriend. The last sentence is in no way connected with the prefix ex.

H

HeiligerKevin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never fallen asleep since I am not tired when i start playing and when I'm deep into a tournament I'm full of adrenaline and probably wouldn't be able to sleep. If you have a problem getting too tired in the breaks, you could try to do some small exercises.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, and its cool when you wake up and find out you somehow made the $!

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
Generally freeroll mtt in our country is held at night so I try not to sleep all days

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Oh, my first night poker worked out, I even bought a radio mouse and keyboard, lay down on the sofa and put it all right now I got rid of it with neuroleptics thanks to Santa

I

Igorok023

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
This was happening to me( and i lost 300 dollars

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes... :ROFLMAO: Sometimes playing tournaments is too long.. I fall asleep....:sleep:

ibalbino

ibalbino

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
2 times, one of them i lost money, the other one i won.

Mahmudov041

Mahmudov041

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Yes, I have had such situations several times. The reason for this is that I came home from work tired and I love poker.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it has happened to me, sometimes I fall asleep and can't finish a tournament, it must be because of my age.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Several times I fell asleep during a 5-minute break. All because I was tired after hard work. There is no point in starting the game if you are tired, it is better to go to sleep right away.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it has happened to me specially after working hours but when I don't work I can play all day, i do understand though

S

shellie111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
no i havnt. ut my best mate did and won a satilite ticket while he was asleep.all the boys were watching him and laughing.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I never sleep during an online game, but when I'm playing late at night sometimes I really want to sleep. In order not to lose concentration on the plays, I prefer to stop playing and go to bed and sleep. Playing with the desire to sleep can be an indication that the player is already addicted to poker.​

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Unfortunately, I fell asleep many times while playing, and there were times when I played very sleepily, but I still managed to finish the tournament for a long time. By the way, a lot of research has already proven that the brain can make automatic, logical decisions in a fairly good proportion even for usual, routine things.
What worked for me several times, when I was very sleepy, was to try to make it cooler while playing, because I think it's not good to play in a very hot or heated place.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, sometimes it happens to me but because I played it tired from the beginning. In tournaments that I really want to play I resist much more haha

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha... That's kinda funny bud sorry, not saying as ofensive.

But actually I see it as very possible, I've had my sleepiness during games but never felt asleep.

And there's a good amount of examples found right here.

But how did you end this tournament?

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it happened a couple of times. Sometimes the buzzer for time expiring woke me up but in other times it was not loud enough. In another 2 occasions when I was at the final table I went to sleep because I was tired and I knew that I will take something no matter my final position from the tournament.:)

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wasn't sleeping but I already had to leave during a tournament to solve something quickly and I came back later

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes it happened a couple of times. Sometimes the buzzer for time expiring woke me up but in other times it was not loud enough. In another 2 occasions when I was at the final table I went to sleep because I was tired and I knew that I will take something no matter my final position from the tournament.:)
Yep, playing very long tourneys 8 hours plus, is kinda difficult to resist, sometimes I just get all-in trying to fold playing half-sleep. lol

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This has never happened before.:)
When you feel that you are falling asleep, you should drink coffee.:)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. It's better to get up and walk a little at the breaks. Especially if you are sleepy.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens to me all the time, just yesterday I entered a $1.1 tournament and fell asleep. I didn't even play.

Top 10 Games