Have you ever had this happen in an online tournament ?

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good evening to you all. Recently I played in a pot limit Omaha online tournament on intertops poker. There was four people left in the tournament. And it only paid out three spots it was $100 guaranteed show first-place guy $50 second-place guy 30 and third-place got 20. There was a hand that I was not involved in and the guy took out the other person there was three players left. There was 38 minutes left of late registration but because there was only three people left and no one entered before the elimination happen they automatically shutdown registration and they just put the tournament on running my question to you or maybe two questions is one has this ever happened to you and to should that they be allowed to do that what do you think.

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thats crazy never seen that before but it dosent surprise me at all

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I did see that a happen a few years ago on one of the smaller sites.

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seen it happen on 888, step 3 $1, min 4 players, well 1 player knocked out 2 others on the first hand and I found myself HU for the ticket on the second hand....I lost :(

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow thats nuts wonder why they shut down late registration

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not seen this. Interesting case. It will be useful for the future.

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never seen it happen but i have placed in the money withour even playing a hand . sometimes you can find tournament where the player pook is close to the bubble buy in and fold

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If tournament gets itm before late reg ends they always close late reg online. Though playing live once I was playing and last hand before break which ended late reg (at end of break) we were already itm and guy gets eliminated for min cash But had to sit around through break to make sure no one else registered before it was official and he could collect

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
good evening to you all. Recently I played in a pot limit Omaha online tournament on intertops poker. There was four people left in the tournament. And it only paid out three spots it was $100 guaranteed show first-place guy $50 second-place guy 30 and third-place got 20. There was a hand that I was not involved in and the guy took out the other person there was three players left. There was 38 minutes left of late registration but because there was only three people left and no one entered before the elimination happen they automatically shutdown registration and they just put the tournament on running my question to you or maybe two questions is one has this ever happened to you and to should that they be allowed to do that what do you think.

No it has not happened to me, but I'm sure it would have been in the rules.

Quote from pokerstars Tournament Rules
"Late Registration is available in most tournaments. The length of the late registration period varies, but will always be shown in the tournament ticket in the Quick Seat lobby, in the details panel of the Tournament tab, and in the header of the Tournament lobby for that tournament. Late registration time is measured in clock time (as opposed to tournament play time). For example, if a tournament starts at 09:00 and has 90 minutes of late registration, registration will close at 10:30. Late registration will close early if enough players are eliminated to begin payouts."

PokerStars Tournament Rules https://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never seen it happen but I understand them doing it:):):)

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on 888 it happens every evening in the LVL 20 tournament. It is part of the strategy for many players to log in as late as possible, and early enought before the paid places rise to 771 and latereg closes. Real fun sports lol:reddy:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Very odd. Never heard of that one before. At least you were in the money then so there is a positive aspect.

Luchobusne

Luchobusne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know any case in my poker history that matches up what you are telling us. Maybe I did not pay so much attention to the late registrations. Thanks for your share. :D

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I started poker, I have not seen that, but thanks for sharing this more aware of that thanks.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It is an odd situation. I've never seen it happen, but I think they did the right thing closing the registration, it's only fair.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen this. Once the money spots are hit the tournament stopped registering new players. This happened during the ACR freebuy series. There were options to rebuy and add on as well and those options were also unavoidable once the ITM was reached.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well at least it is not a glitch in the system, as this scenario is included in the PokerStars rules, so there's no risk of having your winnings taken away.

It has never happened to me personally, but I would love to see it several times lol.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Late night at iPoker network... Rocket SNGs for 1-5Euro tickets. 20cents buy-in, 3 placed paid w 1eur tickets, 6 players to start the trny, 12 minutes of late registration. 4 players go all-in in the first hand, one of them wins, tournament is over, 3 players get 1euro tickets . Every day... late night.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Yes, I have seen that before. I don't have a problem with it.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive never seen that, but it seems like the right thing to do. I wouldnt want to play my way into the money, then somebody register late and knock me back out of the money.