Have you been dealt Pocket over pairs, and everyone folds?

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens and very often. It tilts me a lot after losing few hands before that.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Constantly. Of course, it also happens that I win a nice pot with it. There are such and such.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yea probably everyday..lol..i kinda slow roll now because i usually get more money out of it in the long run. Players just fold up when you raise so i changed my game because im on cheaper tables now.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes,it happened to me many times when I had AA or KK.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course this happens to everyone. It actually happens a lot. It's like one of those "It never fails..." scenarios, like it always rains as soon as you wash your car. It never fails that every time you are dealt A-A in the BB you always get a walk.

R

rapione98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is sad, straightforward when AA comes, people talk before it is my turn to bet.

J

Jrobbz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has happened to me in both live and online poker. It feels as if all of the other players at the table have a 6th sense of what your hole cards are. Obviously this isn't true but I believe this phenomenon exists because its just simply part of the game. I think this is one of the things that can lead you to tilt if you aren't getting enough action with your over pairs. That's why there is so much information about tilt, and how to avoid it, out there today because people have actually identified the feelings and altered perceptions that come along with tilt. Some of the best poker players have taken on meditation because it promotes mindfulness which allows you to examine your thoughts from a 3rd party perspective. No one is out to get you and no one can read your mind. If you have become exploitable it is your own fault.

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More than once. The best reaction is "next hand".

Related to that is many times I fold rags only to have them turn out to have beaten all in a large multi pot.

The math always evens out. If I start playing rags I will lose more often than I win with them.

That's the nature of variance.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's sad, well, it's also good, sometimes the KK moves

E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, it sometimes hurts. There are many fish that raise or call with hands 27 or 49 and when you have pocket pair QQ or KK they catch 2 and 7 and win. Or they just fold those cards when you raise preflop. That is, they either fold or win with paltry hands ... it sometimes infuriates

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had that happen to me, too.
It's especially likely to happen at the end of a tournament when everyone around you is tight.

Z

Zild

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's when you play in freerolls and every hand some muppet or another goes all-in on crap like 72x... Then you get your AA or KK and suddenly they all fold...

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Last week I went with AA, 6 called to see the flop, and the flop came AAK. Everyone checked and on the turn came a 2, I bet 1BB and everyone ran. Think of anger.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens often in the tourneys I play. I was just dealt K's, and everyone was either sitting out, or folded! :eek: I'm not the person that believes sites are fixed, but it does seem rather unusual. Has this happened to you?

This is a normal situation, it happens that people do not have a hand . You just need to play more cunning and go limp into the hand and take at least a little chips from someone

A

abs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens. Wouldn't want your kks cracked by 27os. Taking the blinds is still profit

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I'm pretty sure that has happened to everyone at some point. If you play often, it can happen daily. Everyone will fold to you when you have complete crap of a hand as well. That's not a big deal.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course we are not always getting action, when we raise preflop, and sometimes we get a walk in the big blind. This will happen, weather we have KK or 72o. This has got to be the first post speculating, that poker sites rig the RNG to not generate any action. Typically people speculate the exact opposite, since action generate rake. Either directly in cash games, or by busting people from tournaments, so that perhaps they will rebuy or play another one.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, just part of the game. To win a big pot, two people have to get lucky...

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's very sad, it happened to me too

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would think it happens all the time, yesterday in a free-roll I was dealt A/A on the big blind and even the small blind folded? It is sad and very annoying when you are waiting for a decent hand to play, and when it comes everyone folds.
Poker is a cruel game.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens often in the tourneys I play. I was just dealt K's, and everyone was either sitting out, or folded! :eek: I'm not the person that believes sites are fixed, but it does seem rather unusual. Has this happened to you?

YES, friend, it happens to ALL poker players from Recreational players to the highest stakes poker pros. It is a part of the game. Has nothing to do with "rigged poker"

Folding in Poker